For WUSTL Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
taw856

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby taw856 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:44 am

D. H2Oman wrote:To be honest, I think those of us, like myself, who aren't in yet, are by and large waitlisted or rejected. Sorry for the doom and gloom.

Count me in the "just wants to know one way or the other" camp.

I'm all for being one step closer to knowing where I'm going, wherever that may be. 8)

Xiaolong

Postby Xiaolong » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:41 am

sibley wrote:
musicfor18 wrote:Has anyone else gotten an email from a current 1L (after being accepted) offering to answer questions, etc?

yeah, someone who went to my undergrad

Me too. I am feeling bad because because I don't have any questions really (thanks TLS). Is it okay to ask these people about job prospects? What kinds of questions did you ask, if any?

prolyphek

Postby prolyphek » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:57 am

Xiaolong wrote:
sibley wrote:
musicfor18 wrote:Has anyone else gotten an email from a current 1L (after being accepted) offering to answer questions, etc?

yeah, someone who went to my undergrad

Me too. I am feeling bad because because I don't have any questions really (thanks TLS). Is it okay to ask these people about job prospects? What kinds of questions did you ask, if any?

I'm admitted and recieved an email before and after I attended the admitted students day. I typically have asked about everything, even at the event. The students aren't shy in answering your questons, it's not like they get any incentive for you to attend, they just give your ideas about what the experience is like for them, I think asking about job prospects is good, but I think you have to be careful with how you take the answer simply becasue of the down turn, just my two cents.

webbylu87

Postby webbylu87 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:22 pm

these are just my impressions so take them with a grain of salt.

when i spoke to admissions (over a couple different occassions) it seemed to me that they do look at apps in waves. i was told lower numbers probably wouldn't be looked at until march. (by lower numbers, i'm anticipating that to mean below median.) it was my impression that by march they will have looked at and decided on most if not all applications that are not considered in that lower number group and have filled their class primarily with those applicants. whether or not most of those should have been notified of their admission yet is debatable but i would have guessed that if you were admitted with higher numbers who would probably know by now. again, just my speculation and there are always exceptions. it seems to me any new admissions now will be the lucky few with the lower numbers and a small number of those with higher numbers who have required extra review.

not sure that contributes anything positive to the conversation given all we can do is speculate but meh, there's my .02.

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:26 pm

webbylu87 wrote:these are just my impressions so take them with a grain of salt.

when i spoke to admissions (over a couple different occassions) it seemed to me that they do look at apps in waves. i was told lower numbers probably wouldn't be looked at until march. (by lower numbers, i'm anticipating that to mean below median.) it was my impression that by march they will have looked at and decided on most if not all applications that are not considered in that lower number group and have filled their class primarily with those applicants. whether or not most of those should have been notified of their admission yet is debatable but i would have guessed that if you were admitted with higher numbers who would probably know by now. again, just my speculation and there are always exceptions. it seems to me any new admissions now will be the lucky few with the lower numbers and a small number of those with higher numbers who have required extra review.

not sure that contributes anything positive to the conversation given all we can do is speculate but meh, there's my .02.

Dont forget urms too....there are like a total of 10 admitted on lsn right now and the ones at 165+ have already gotten in to higher ranked schools.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:30 pm

webbylu87 wrote:these are just my impressions so take them with a grain of salt.

it takes about a month average to process an application it seems from LSN. but there are still people who applied in feburary that hasn't been a month yet that are still in the higher number group which have not received a decision which is what i believe a lot of the March acceptances will be based on, since starting in April is when the massive rejections and waitlists go out.

webbylu87

Postby webbylu87 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:32 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:

Dont forget urms too....there are like a total of 10 admitted on lsn right now and the ones at 165+ have already gotten in to higher ranked schools.

true. i'll also put out there that any urms with lower numbers seem to have been accepted by this point. from now on it would seem to be low number non-urms and higher numbers who needed extra review.

sotomayor

Postby sotomayor » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:33 pm

wrong. urm 168. 2/3 batch. the 2/3s are getting in. stop with the negativity, like for real. this site gets depressing sometimes.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:36 pm

sotomayor wrote:wrong. urm 168. 2/3 batch. the 2/3s are getting in. stop with the negativity, like for real. this site gets depressing sometimes.

the 2/3ers are strong candidates but for some reason, they are holding on to them. a few 2/3ers have been accepted and they consist of people who applied early (pre-january). 2/23ers are late applicants with numbers as strong as 2/3ers while 3/1er seems to be the lower numbers.

webbylu87

Postby webbylu87 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:37 pm

finalaspects wrote:

it takes about a month average to process an application it seems from LSN. but there are still people who applied in feburary that hasn't been a month yet that are still in the higher number group which have not received a decision which is what i believe a lot of the March acceptances will be based on, since starting in April is when the massive rejections and waitlists go out.

fair. that is true. it seems to me that they will be favored over the lower numbers, but hey, half the class is below median so they have to deny some with high numbers and if anyone, i think it would seem the later high number applicants would bear the brunt of that. i'd wager to say those who only applied in february are severely disdvantaged but are of course better off than the lower numbers. this may be stating the obvious though.

sotomayor

Postby sotomayor » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:38 pm

finalaspects wrote:
sotomayor wrote:wrong. urm 168. 2/3 batch. the 2/3s are getting in. stop with the negativity, like for real. this site gets depressing sometimes.

the 2/3ers are strong candidates but for some reason, they are holding on to them. a few 2/3ers have been accepted and they consist of people who applied early (pre-january). 2/23ers are late applicants with numbers as strong as 2/3ers while 3/1er seems to be the lower numbers.

scholarship consideration perhaps? i'm sorry if im coming off a little dickish, put the perpetual somberness that paints the boards on this site gets to me sometimes. hope everything works well for everyone. peace.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:40 pm

webbylu87 wrote:fair. that is true. it seems to me that they will be favored over the lower numbers, but hey, half the class is below median so they have to deny some with high numbers and if anyone, i think it would seem the later high number applicants would bear the brunt of that. i'd wager to say those who only applied in february are severely disdvantaged but are of course better off than the lower numbers. this may be stating the obvious though.

I don't think its the fact that deny some with high numbers (unless there is something really wrong with your application) but the fact that some of the higher numbers withdraw and attend other schools so they fill those spots up with lower numbers. otherwise im sure with the exception of URM's they'll fill the class up with as much higher numbers as possible.

i do agree though that the late applicants are disadvantaged compared to the earlier applicants with the same stats.

MissLucky

Postby MissLucky » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:40 pm

what is the consensus on the people with 2/4 updates (the 2nd complete update)? :D

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:42 pm

sotomayor wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

scholarship consideration perhaps? i'm sorry if im coming off a little dickish, put the perpetual somberness that paints the boards on this site gets to me sometimes. hope everything works well for everyone. peace.

don't get me wrong. i think most if not all 2/3ers should be accepted. but a lot of the scholarships have gone out already to those early applicants. i understand the negativity affecting people, but i think you will just have to wait a little longer as they will want as much as higher numbers as possible.

Snoopy1216

Postby Snoopy1216 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:44 pm

1+ say it again say it again!! The negativity is unreal... And just for clarification, the 2/3ers that got in were on their 3rd update. The rest that are waiting (to my knowledge) only have had 2 updates and are waiting for a 3rd...

webbylu87

Postby webbylu87 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:45 pm

sorry. didn't mean to get people down and sound like a bitch. and i did say they were only my guesses but they are based on actual conversations with admissions. like i said, take it with a grain of salt but of course, it seems to me that's what's happening.

webbylu87

Postby webbylu87 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:48 pm

finalaspects wrote:
webbylu87 wrote:fair. that is true. it seems to me that they will be favored over the lower numbers, but hey, half the class is below median so they have to deny some with high numbers and if anyone, i think it would seem the later high number applicants would bear the brunt of that. i'd wager to say those who only applied in february are severely disdvantaged but are of course better off than the lower numbers. this may be stating the obvious though.

I don't think its the fact that deny some with high numbers (unless there is something really wrong with your application) but the fact that some of the higher numbers withdraw and attend other schools so they fill those spots up with lower numbers. otherwise im sure with the exception of URM's they'll fill the class up with as much higher numbers as possible.

i do agree though that the late applicants are disadvantaged compared to the earlier applicants with the same stats.

your thought on higher numbers withdrawing was a considerationi neglected. agreed.

Encyclopedia Brown

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:36 pm

Snoopy1216 wrote:

1+ say it again say it again!! The negativity is unreal... And just for clarification, the 2/3ers that got in were on their 3rd update. The rest that are waiting (to my knowledge) only have had 2 updates and are waiting for a 3rd...

Pretty sure I was on my third update, but I've never been sure exactly how we're counting those. Also applied early, with relatively strong (for WUSTL) splitter numbers. But +1 to the negativity comment. I like to think that they're taking so long to admit the 2/3ers because they have to put all our scholarship money into bundles and briefcases that they'll reveal to us Deal or No Deal style.

T14_Scholly

Postby T14_Scholly » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:39 pm

I just spoke to an adcomm member and she told me that the 2/3ers are all rejections. Sorry guys.

MissLucky

Postby MissLucky » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:43 pm

T14_Scholly wrote:I just spoke to an adcomm member and she told me that the 2/3ers are all rejections. Sorry guys.

haha everyone is getting ludicrous on this thread.

yo, what's the deal with the 2/4s though?

D. H2Oman

Postby D. H2Oman » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:44 pm

T14_Scholly wrote:I just spoke to an adcomm member and she told me that the 2/3ers are all rejections. Sorry guys.

I thought he was flaming, I called. Confirmed. :( sorry guys

Encyclopedia Brown

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:45 pm

Also, not to stir the pot unnecessarily, but at least 5 times this cycle decisions have dropped on a Friday. Hey, it could happen.

Sauer Grapes

Postby Sauer Grapes » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:45 pm

MissLucky wrote:

I was a 2/4 and I got accepted on 2/4.

MissLucky

Postby MissLucky » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:46 pm

Sauer Grapes wrote:
MissLucky wrote:

I was a 2/4 and I got accepted on 2/4.

ooh congrats. I meant 2/4s that were only on their 2nd update. i love me some speculation!

D. H2Oman

Postby D. H2Oman » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:47 pm

Encyclopedia Brown wrote:Also, not to stir the pot unnecessarily, but at least 5 times this cycle decisions have dropped on a Friday. Hey, it could happen.

Encylcopedia, please tell me you've gotten some decent acceptances by now?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”