For WUSTL Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
cr073137
Posts: 233
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:14 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby cr073137 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:14 pm

Does the acceptance email always goes out on the same day (Tuesday) at the same time (6:00pm EST)? I just want to make sure at what time I should start refreshing my browser like a mad person.

User avatar
Sauer Grapes
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:02 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Sauer Grapes » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:17 pm

...
Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
nowinGA
Posts: 385
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:06 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby nowinGA » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:18 pm

cr073137 wrote:Does the acceptance email always goes out on the same day (Tuesday) at the same time (6:00pm EST)? I just want to make sure at what time I should start refreshing my browser like a mad person.


Mine came on 2/23 at 5:37pm, EST!...Good Luck!

keemos
Posts: 251
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:22 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby keemos » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:20 pm

Today has potential to be one if the best days of my life. And if I don't get in it's no surprise so I won't be upset because wustl was a reach

User avatar
ChEsteve
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:08 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby ChEsteve » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:25 pm

keemos wrote:Today has potential to be one if the best days of my life. And if I don't get in it's no surprise so I won't be upset because wustl was a reach


same here... good luck!!!

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby finalaspects » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:26 pm

Sauer Grapes wrote:
cr073137 wrote:Does the acceptance email always goes out on the same day (Tuesday) at the same time (6:00pm EST)? I just want to make sure at what time I should start refreshing my browser like a mad person.

My acceptance was on a thursday, came early evening IIRC.


uh oh... i hope it is today... waiting another 2 whole days will really suck... but it seems like on LSN it was made on a tuesday or a thursday but once a week usually... more often on tuesdays

colforbin
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:09 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby colforbin » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:52 pm

How many updates equals a decision? I was 12.11, now I'm 3.1. Do I have to wait for one more update? Or will my next (3rd) update be a decision?

Sorry if this has been asked a hundred times, but there are a bunch of different responses to this question.

User avatar
DeSilentio2728
Posts: 199
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:38 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby DeSilentio2728 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:02 pm

colforbin wrote:How many updates equals a decision? I was 12.11, now I'm 3.1. Do I have to wait for one more update? Or will my next (3rd) update be a decision?

Sorry if this has been asked a hundred times, but there are a bunch of different responses to this question.


I am confused about this as well.

itsmytime10
Posts: 162
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:37 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby itsmytime10 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:02 pm

can someone just call and find out if there will be updates today..put us out of this misery...i would, but i have called that
office just too many times.

User avatar
D. H2Oman
Posts: 7469
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:47 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby D. H2Oman » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:03 pm

DeSilentio2728 wrote:
colforbin wrote:How many updates equals a decision? I was 12.11, now I'm 3.1. Do I have to wait for one more update? Or will my next (3rd) update be a decision?

Sorry if this has been asked a hundred times, but there are a bunch of different responses to this question.


I am confused about this as well.


Almost positive it's three.

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby finalaspects » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:05 pm

D. H2Oman wrote:
DeSilentio2728 wrote:
colforbin wrote:How many updates equals a decision? I was 12.11, now I'm 3.1. Do I have to wait for one more update? Or will my next (3rd) update be a decision?

Sorry if this has been asked a hundred times, but there are a bunch of different responses to this question.


I am confused about this as well.


Almost positive it's three.


so on your 3rd update there'll be a decision? or after 3 updates and on the 4th will there be a decision?

User avatar
D. H2Oman
Posts: 7469
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:47 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby D. H2Oman » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:07 pm

finalaspects wrote:
D. H2Oman wrote:
Almost positive it's three.


so on your 3rd update there'll be a decision? or after 3 updates and on the 4th will there be a decision?


I wasn't counting the initial complete date. So I think you need three updates, for instance I was updated 1/29(about) then 2/3 and nothing so far. I know some people who were stuck on 2/3 were updated again and accepted.

User avatar
nowinGA
Posts: 385
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:06 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby nowinGA » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:08 pm

My file was complete, and then I was accepted. No other updates...they didn't even put a DR in there. My status check page just has the one "application complete" date...

Now if they would just email me with some $$$...

Good luck, all!

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby finalaspects » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:10 pm

nowinGA wrote:My file was complete, and then I was accepted. No other updates...they didn't even put a DR in there. My status check page just has the one "application complete" date...

Now if they would just email me with some $$$...

Good luck, all!


im guessing you had both your GPA and LSAT at least around 50% or higher? or you were an URM? seems like high numbers or URM status takes a short amount of time...

it hasn't even been a month for me and im a splitter so i might have to wait another week or two...

User avatar
nowinGA
Posts: 385
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:06 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby nowinGA » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:11 pm

finalaspects wrote:
nowinGA wrote:My file was complete, and then I was accepted. No other updates...they didn't even put a DR in there. My status check page just has the one "application complete" date...

Now if they would just email me with some $$$...

Good luck, all!


im guessing you had both your GPA and LSAT at least around 50% or higher? or you were an URM? seems like high numbers or URM status takes a short amount of time...

it hasn't even been a month for me and im a splitter so i might have to wait another week or two...


Yes, I am a URM...so that could be it! Good luck! Stay positive!

User avatar
fl0w
Posts: 1404
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:46 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby fl0w » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:34 pm

finalaspects wrote:im guessing you had both your GPA and LSAT at least around 50% or higher? or you were an URM? seems like high numbers or URM status takes a short amount of time...

it hasn't even been a month for me and im a splitter so i might have to wait another week or two...


I'm telling you the entire process is completely random. I'm URM. Complete 12/21/2009. Not a peep since.
Status checkers are good for knowing if your app is incomplete, complete, or in review. other than that, i find them to be useless.

You'll get your email on the same day that your status checker goes "decision" (if it even ever goes to decision) so why check every day? Granted, I still do, but not nearly as much. I'm pretty proud of myself for cutting it down to once a day for schools that I think may be deciding soon because the status says in review. A lot of good that has done me though, since some are "in review" since 1/5/2010 and no word since.

If you couldn't tell, I'm going insane.

Katherine
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:42 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Katherine » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:54 pm

Do they seat deposits mean anything? Or am I just going crazy from staring at my status checker?

cr073137
Posts: 233
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:14 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby cr073137 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:56 pm

Katherine wrote:Do they seat deposits mean anything? Or am I just going crazy from staring at my status checker?


You are going crazy... They have always been there

User avatar
chicoalto0649
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby chicoalto0649 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:38 pm

So nothing going down today?

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby finalaspects » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:54 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:So nothing going down today?


yea anyone hear any news? even a status update?

User avatar
OGR3
Posts: 881
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:56 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby OGR3 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:17 pm

finalaspects wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:So nothing going down today?


yea anyone hear any news? even a status update?


2/3 here. Nothing today. I'm gonna go play PS3 some more...

gfg12
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:07 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby gfg12 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:18 pm

finalaspects wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:So nothing going down today?


yea anyone hear any news? even a status update?



I got my first update yesterday, with a first complete date of 12/28 ish. How screwed am I?

User avatar
chicoalto0649
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby chicoalto0649 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:19 pm

gfg12 wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:So nothing going down today?


yea anyone hear any news? even a status update?



I got my first update yesterday, with a first complete date of 12/28 ish. How screwed am I?



we need numbers for an idea dawg

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby finalaspects » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:22 pm

well the longest WUSTL goes without an update is 14 days. but then again this week it might be thursday, but otherwise i guess we're waiting until next tuesday... it can also be that all the updates yesterday might have been the update for this week?

User avatar
chicoalto0649
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby chicoalto0649 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:37 pm

looks like decisions galore on thursday....or next tuesday!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: fortunecookie1, genjustice, Google [Bot], oliviaj_j, texteach, Whittie, wild11cat and 30 guests