For WUSTL Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
chicoalto0649

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby chicoalto0649 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:50 pm

kaf3 wrote:So is the official consensus that if you went complete twice, one being today (3.1), tomorrow will be a good day?

far from it

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:51 pm

there was a theory bantered about that wustl waits off on admitting their urms (atleast the ones below median) for a while. there were a few urms in this updated batch as well as a few 170s. This batch is going to have mixed results. Praying I get another update tomorrow

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:56 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:there was a theory bantered about that wustl waits off on admitting their urms (atleast the ones below median) for a while. there were a few urms in this updated batch as well as a few 170s. This batch is going to have mixed results. Praying I get another update tomorrow

yes i am hoping for an update tomorrow as well!

thinkbig

Postby thinkbig » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:58 pm

finalaspects wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:there was a theory bantered about that wustl waits off on admitting their urms (atleast the ones below median) for a while. there were a few urms in this updated batch as well as a few 170s. This batch is going to have mixed results. Praying I get another update tomorrow

Wow!!!! Excellent job!!!!!!!!

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:00 pm

thinkbig wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

Wow!!!! Excellent job!!!!!!!!

lol 4 wut

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:11 pm

yea excellent job on what?

thinkbig

Postby thinkbig » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:14 pm

finalaspects wrote:yea excellent job on what?

yeah!

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:15 pm

thinkbig wrote:
finalaspects wrote:yea excellent job on what?

yeah!

cool! :mrgreen:

keemos

Postby keemos » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:16 pm

I've been thinking about it and I doubt the 25th percentile 161 LSAT median can be accurate unless they take a bunch of 162 to 165 scores. Otherwise there would have to be an absurd amount of scores below 161 rather than a few in order fo that to be the 25th percentile

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:17 pm

Anyways, it is so nice to actually have people who are desperate for an acceptance from wustl. No more of this waiting for my wimpy usb drive. Call the waaaambulence

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:18 pm

keemos wrote:I've been thinking about it and I doubt the 25th percentile 161 LSAT median can be accurate unless they take a bunch of 162 to 165 scores. Otherwise there would have to be an absurd amount of scores below 161 rather than a few in order fo that to be the 25th percentile

why can't it be accurate? WUSTL probably takes in a lot of reverse splitters to raise their 50% and 75% GPA. so a 161/3.9 would work.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:19 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:Anyways, it is so nice to actually have people who are desperate for an acceptance from wustl. No more of this waiting for my wimpy usb drive. Call the waaaambulence

lol i was always wondering about that. if you were accepted why does an USB drive really matter? i understand waiting for scholarship information...

sebastian0622

Postby sebastian0622 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:29 pm

nyyankees wrote:
sebastian0622 wrote:You'll have to excuse me for not digging through 100 pages of this thread to see if this has already been answered:

Is WUSTL flexible on aid packages? Emory offered me twice as much money, and I love Atlanta. I like a lot of what WUSTL has to offer, but their offer to me was really weak compared to what others are getting and for what I believe (and Emory believes) to be a high quality application.

you sir sound like a raging douche

Hey, and you sound like a great guy! I was just being honest about my disappointment with WUSTL's offer.

thinkbig

Postby thinkbig » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:31 pm

sebastian0622 wrote:
nyyankees wrote:
sebastian0622 wrote:You'll have to excuse me for not digging through 100 pages of this thread to see if this has already been answered:

Is WUSTL flexible on aid packages? Emory offered me twice as much money, and I love Atlanta. I like a lot of what WUSTL has to offer, but their offer to me was really weak compared to what others are getting and for what I believe (and Emory believes) to be a high quality application.

Hey, and you sound like a great guy! I was just being honest about my disappointment with WUSTL's offer.

This is why I am hesitant to go to school in the South again.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:40 pm

thinkbig wrote:This is why I am hesitant to go to school in the South again.

what did you get your masters in by the way?

keemos

Postby keemos » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:44 pm

finalaspects wrote:
keemos wrote:I've been thinking about it and I doubt the 25th percentile 161 LSAT median can be accurate unless they take a bunch of 162 to 165 scores. Otherwise there would have to be an absurd amount of scores below 161 rather than a few in order fo that to be the 25th percentile

why can't it be accurate? WUSTL probably takes in a lot of reverse splitters to raise their 50% and 75% GPA. so a 161/3.9 would work.

I guess that's true. I just thought there were far less reverse splitters than splitters who are accepted. This would mean that many people would have to have lower scores on both ends to make the 25th percentile what it is?

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:48 pm

keemos wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

I guess that's true. I just thought there were far less reverse splitters than splitters who are accepted. This would mean that many people would have to have lower scores on both ends to make the 25th percentile what it is?

168/167/161
3.8/3.7/3.3

that seems about right. there are many more reverse splitters than regular splitters as the LSAT is a standardized exam, while there can technically be unlimited 4.0 GPA's.

also those who have both their GPA and LSAT at medians or higher will most likely receive incredible scholarships so it all makes perfect sense.

cardinalandgold

Postby cardinalandgold » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:06 am

Just withdrew, good luck to the rest of you!

nyyankees

Postby nyyankees » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:21 am

finalaspects wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:Anyways, it is so nice to actually have people who are desperate for an acceptance from wustl. No more of this waiting for my wimpy usb drive. Call the waaaambulence

lol i was always wondering about that. if you were accepted why does an USB drive really matter? i understand waiting for scholarship information...

it was mostly me bitching and moaning, so ill take this one. Its kinda like a (very) watered down version of seeing decision rendered and waiting and waiting for it to come. So you check the mail every day excited that it could (maybe even should) contain something for you, and you leave empty handed. It wasnt actually about the USB as much as it was seeing that everyone else was getting their USBs and knowing that it was coming but it never got here basically making me feel unloved. Reciting what happened makes me feel like a 15 year old girl in her first relationship bitching about how she feels he doesnt he treat her good, so youre complaints are credited. I think this was more of a release of angst than anything else.

nyyankees

Postby nyyankees » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:36 am

sebastian0622 wrote:
nyyankees wrote:

listen, im sure you arent as bad as this post makes you sound. You start your post by explaining how you are too lazy to use the search function within one thread. On top of that you know scholly offers just came out so most of the scholly decisions will be within the last few days worth of discussion. I understand where you are coming from i just think it came across as rather pompous as if you deserved better.

If you were to look at this objectively, compared to last years stats you have a below median GPA and a median LSAT. Applications are up this year so people are assuming that medians will at least be flat if they dont go up. Theoretically, you are a below median applicant. Honestly, you got a 3.5 GPA in college, there are probably (i dont know you so i cant say definitely) things you could have done to do better. You got a 167, which is a solid score but im sure you think you left some points on the board (we all do). The point is we are all really lucky to go to top 20 law schools, which is easy to forget if you get caught up in the numbers.

sebastian0622

Postby sebastian0622 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:51 am

Yeah Yankees, I agree with all of that. I probably received a package in line with my hard numbers at Wash U., but my softs are very good (top undergrad, first-gen college student, military), and those probably explain why other schools have been upping the ante. I think Wash U. is just really set on playing the numbers game right now, which is fine. All law schools do to a significant extent; some just do more than others. This forum simply seemed like a good place to vent a bit, as well as ask others if Wash U's aid was flexible.

p.s. I'm new and wasn't aware that there is an in-thread search tool.

MBZags

Postby MBZags » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:17 am

I didn't realize there was in-thread searching until just now. That definitely makes searching easier.

nyyankees

Postby nyyankees » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:47 am

sebastian0622 wrote:Yeah Yankees, I agree with all of that. I probably received a package in line with my hard numbers at Wash U., but my softs are very good (top undergrad, first-gen college student, military), and those probably explain why other schools have been upping the ante. I think Wash U. is just really set on playing the numbers game right now, which is fine. All law schools do to a significant extent; some just do more than others. This forum simply seemed like a good place to vent a bit, as well as ask others if Wash U's aid was flexible.

p.s. I'm new and wasn't aware that there is an in-thread search tool.

No worries, as I admitted 3 posts ago, I used this thread to vent for the better part of three weeks. Unfortunately, WashU tends to be very numbers based, whether you like it or not. So as much as your softs impress other adcomms, you can easily be replaced with one of the 10 other applicants they have with your numbers. I think its just tough to say the adcomm ought to see that my softs make me deserving of more money. Its great that someone sees it that way, but to force everyone to see it that way because you do strikes me as a bit much. I know i sure as shit couldnt do that, so I am very grateful for those who do.

Edited out some personal stuff, sebatian PM me if you didnt read it
Last edited by nyyankees on Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cardinalandgold

Postby cardinalandgold » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:12 am

Why won't you let me reformat flash drive?!? Damn read only. :P

beast510

Postby beast510 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:39 am

My application status was changed to 3/1/2010...that's the first change after it was completed in December...

Any idea?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”