For WUSTL Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sibley

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby sibley » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:46 pm

foosh wrote:
Katherine wrote:Status went to complete 3/1 today. Nervous... 3.4/162 with decent softs. Any idea how they notify us?

Best of luck to everyone!

I believe the general consensus is an email, EVENTUALLY* followed by a flash drive in the mail.

colforbin

Postby colforbin » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:33 pm

At the risk of being unnecessarily "negative," I have a bad feeling about this. So far everyone in the 3.1 group has numbers below median. It could easily be an early batch of denials/WLs.

Just saying. I'm nervous.

Slimpee

Postby Slimpee » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:41 pm

colforbin wrote:At the risk of being unnecessarily "negative," I have a bad feeling about this. So far everyone in the 3.1 group has numbers below median. It could easily be an early batch of denials/WLs.

I'm in the same batch and same situation. I don't have a good feeling, either. Good luck!

cendien

Postby cendien » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:51 pm

sebastian0622 wrote:You'll have to excuse me for not digging through 100 pages of this thread to see if this has already been answered:

Is WUSTL flexible on aid packages? Emory offered me twice as much money, and I love Atlanta. I like a lot of what WUSTL has to offer, but their offer to me was really weak compared to what others are getting and for what I believe (and Emory believes) to be a high quality application.

I'm curious as well. I was looking at some stuff from last year and someone noted that WUSTL said they wouldn't renegotiate scholarships until after the first deposit deadline. I'm hoping thats not universally true. I sent an email asking. I've got several offers that are simply much better than WUSTL's, though I really don't want to have to turn them down on that basis. We'll see what happens.

DeSilentio2728

Postby DeSilentio2728 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:58 pm

Slimpee wrote:
colforbin wrote:At the risk of being unnecessarily "negative," I have a bad feeling about this. So far everyone in the 3.1 group has numbers below median. It could easily be an early batch of denials/WLs.

I'm in the same batch and same situation. I don't have a good feeling, either. Good luck!

Going back to the 2006-2007 cycle not a single person was WL or Rejected on lsn before the first week of April. However, I feel quite nervous about this batch, as I do not have great numbers either.

colforbin

Postby colforbin » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:07 pm

I wish just one person in our "batch" would report having like a 3.8 and a 170. At least someone with above average numbers.

whuts4lunch

Postby whuts4lunch » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:10 pm

Snoopy1216 wrote:Have an 2/3ers seen a change in status yet?

no change here... the wait is making me INSANE :twisted:

although I did have a nice trip to FSU this weekend... the girls in Tallahassee are quite the sell 8)

nyyankees

Postby nyyankees » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:25 pm

sebastian0622 wrote:You'll have to excuse me for not digging through 100 pages of this thread to see if this has already been answered:

Is WUSTL flexible on aid packages? Emory offered me twice as much money, and I love Atlanta. I like a lot of what WUSTL has to offer, but their offer to me was really weak compared to what others are getting and for what I believe (and Emory believes) to be a high quality application.

you sir sound like a raging douche

D. H2Oman

Postby D. H2Oman » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:27 pm

nyyankees wrote:

you sir sound like a raging douche

lol, but yeah 100% credited

Slimpee

Postby Slimpee » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:44 pm

DeSilentio2728 wrote:
Slimpee wrote:

Going back to the 2006-2007 cycle not a single person was WL or Rejected on lsn before the first week of April. However, I feel quite nervous about this batch, as I do not have great numbers either.

Eh, last year W&L didn't reject or WL anyone before March but this year a bunch of us were WL'ed in Jan...

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:48 pm

Slimpee wrote:
DeSilentio2728 wrote:
Slimpee wrote:

Eh, last year W&L didn't reject or WL anyone before March but this year a bunch of us were WL'ed in Jan...

Could also be that they're letting in reverse-splitters in order to correct the median. Almost all admits so far have been high LSAT with variable GPAs, so they've got to start picking up the GPA median soon.

thinkbig

Postby thinkbig » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:56 pm

I applied today to WUSTL. Just under the wire. Think I'll get in?

Slimpee

Postby Slimpee » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:58 pm

As pointless as this speculation is, it's fun! You could be right although my gpa isn't exceptionally high. My guess is that they've had a lot of apps this year and will be WL'ing/rejecting earlier than in the past. If true, it could bite them in the butt if lots of the high-LSATS go elsewhere ala MN last year...
Last edited by Slimpee on Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:58 pm

thinkbig wrote:I applied today to WUSTL. Just under the wire. Think I'll get in?

if your GPA/LSAT are both over 75% yes.

waitingfor1L

Postby waitingfor1L » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:06 pm

It seems like the 2nd decision is similar numbers, but the 3rd one diverges (and is the one that counts). From obsessive following of this thread... seems like that may be how they review them, rather than a sure fire indication

thinkbig

Postby thinkbig » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:26 pm

finalaspects wrote:
thinkbig wrote:I applied today to WUSTL. Just under the wire. Think I'll get in?

3.33/172. 4 yrs full-time professional experience and a master's degree.

I know my GPA is at the low end of the spectrum.

J Burrito

Postby J Burrito » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:31 pm

Just went complete today, apparently. Submitted back in December.

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:32 pm

thinkbig wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

I'd say you've got a shot because of the WE and LSAT, but I'm not sure exactly how much applying this late will screw you over.

thinkbig

Postby thinkbig » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:10 pm

J Burrito wrote:Just went complete today, apparently. Submitted back in December.

Really? Wow. If WUSTL is really that slow at processing, they will lose me. I can't turn down other offers whose decision deadlines are 4/15.

Thanks.

thinkbig

Postby thinkbig » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:11 pm

stratocophic wrote:
thinkbig wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

I'd say you've got a shot because of the WE and LSAT, but I'm not sure exactly how much applying this late will screw you over.

WE?

Kansas4Pirates

Postby Kansas4Pirates » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:19 pm

thinkbig wrote:WE?

Work Experience

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:29 pm

stratocophic wrote:
thinkbig wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

i'd say that LSAT alone is enough. WE and Master's degree is just extra...

webbylu87

Postby webbylu87 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:36 pm

was complete mid-december. just went into review today. let's see how this goes...

kaf3

Postby kaf3 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:46 pm

So is the official consensus that if you went complete twice, one being today (3.1), tomorrow will be a good day?

keemos

Postby keemos » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:50 pm

kaf3 wrote:So is the official consensus that if you went complete twice, one being today (3.1), tomorrow will be a good day?

No not at all. Considering everyone who went complete today is below medians we don't know what's going to happen

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”