For WUSTL Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
keemos

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby keemos » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:27 pm

cr073137 wrote:I think this negativity is unfounded. Looking at LSP, those who commented on their low chances are at 48% and 58% percent chances of admissions based solely on numbers. If you guys are URMs or have good softs or wrote a really good essay, I would consider you locks. So dont put this negativity on the forum without reason. I think/hope this is actually good news.

Well, 41% for me. But I feel like my mom just told me that I could not be excused from dinner. Sorry for the negativity!

cr073137

Postby cr073137 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:35 pm

Quick question, do people find out about scholarship offers right away on the email? is it in their letter? or do we have to wait for a while?

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:35 pm

keemos wrote:
cr073137 wrote:I think this negativity is unfounded. Looking at LSP, those who commented on their low chances are at 48% and 58% percent chances of admissions based solely on numbers. If you guys are URMs or have good softs or wrote a really good essay, I would consider you locks. So dont put this negativity on the forum without reason. I think/hope this is actually good news.

Well, 41% for me. But I feel like my mom just told me that I could not be excused from dinner. Sorry for the negativity!

people can be negative if they want to. its not like you're being negative with 75% chance of being accepted. some people would rather not get their hopes up as to lessen the disappointment. unless you're an URM then with those stats chances are you'll get accepted. i think cr073137 was just worried that since he's in the same 3/1 update as you, it might effect him as well. this is a public forum.

Sauer Grapes

Postby Sauer Grapes » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:36 pm

Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

luckyduck

Postby luckyduck » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:39 pm

I was complete 1/31. Just changed to 3/1. My GPA is >75% and LSAT is <25%. LSP put me at 25% chance of admission. I am a non-traditional. (=OLD)

cr073137

Postby cr073137 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:41 pm

finalaspects wrote:
keemos wrote:

people can be negative if they want to. its not like you're being negative with 75% chance of being accepted. some people would rather not get their hopes up as to lessen the disappointment. unless you're an URM then with those stats chances are you'll get accepted. i think cr073137 was just worried that since he's in the same 3/1 update as you, it might effect him as well. this is a public forum.

I have no problem of someone saying that "they think they wont get in" and you are right, this is a public forum. But I what I talking about was unfounded negativity. And you can do that if you want to, but I think that many of us use this forum for actual accurate information, and trying to predict something should be based on facts not "I want to lessen my OWN disappointment just in case I dont get in" And even if you want to do that, I think is best not to post such comments and to keep them to yourself, since you are not affecting the feelings of just yourself, but of everyone else (yes including me). Yet again, public forum, do whatever you want if you feel that is appropriate.

DeSilentio2728

Postby DeSilentio2728 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:45 pm

cr073137 wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
keemos wrote:

I have no problem of someone saying that "they think they wont get in" and you are right, this is a public forum. But I what I talking about was unfounded negativity. And you can do that if you want to, but I think that many of us use this forum for actual accurate information, and trying to predict something should be based on facts not "I want to lessen my OWN disappointment just in case I dont get in" And even if you want to do that, I think is best not to post such comments and to keep them to yourself, since you are not affecting the feelings of just yourself, but of everyone else (yes including me). Yet again, public forum, do whatever you want if you feel that is appropriate.

This conversation is not constructive. Let's move past it, and continue discussing what the change in status means.

D. H2Oman

Postby D. H2Oman » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:47 pm

cr073137 wrote:

To be completely honest man, LSP has serious flaws. WUSTL looks for numbers, and if you're below both medians and a non-URM you have very little chance to get in. not even close to 40%. Not saying you won't of course, but if you want the "facts", those are the "facts".

keemos

Postby keemos » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:50 pm

+1 to moving on

I did a little research of this thread looking for a pattern and it seems to me that it could be a couple of days until we get a decision, or it could be tomorrow. Also, per LSN, some people did get waitlisted in early March but there was a large batch of acceptances on March 2nd and a few days later as well. I do not have any input on the chances of this being a "hold"

Snoopy1216

Postby Snoopy1216 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:55 pm

Have an 2/3ers seen a change in status yet?

DeSilentio2728

Postby DeSilentio2728 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:57 pm

keemos wrote:+1 to moving on

I did a little research of this thread looking for a pattern and it seems to me that it could be a couple of days until we get a decision, or it could be tomorrow. Also, per LSN, some people did get waitlisted in early March but there was a large batch of acceptances on March 2nd and a few days later as well. I do not have any input on the chances of this being a "hold"

So, without insider information, this is the only conclusion that we can realistically arrive at. All else is just drivel.

sebastian0622

Postby sebastian0622 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:59 pm

You'll have to excuse me for not digging through 100 pages of this thread to see if this has already been answered:

Is WUSTL flexible on aid packages? Emory offered me twice as much money, and I love Atlanta. I like a lot of what WUSTL has to offer, but their offer to me was really weak compared to what others are getting and for what I believe (and Emory believes) to be a high quality application.

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:42 pm

D. H2Oman wrote:
cr073137 wrote:

To be completely honest man, LSP has serious flaws. WUSTL looks for numbers, and if you're below both medians and a non-URM you have very little chance to get in. not even close to 40%. Not saying you won't of course, but if you want the "facts", those are the "facts".

Yea. Mr. Waterdude is kind of right.

Their LSAT 25/75 is something like 161/167 so that probably screws up LSP/makes it less accurate. In reality it looks like you really need a 166/167 to be in the green. For URMs on LSN there seems to be a dividing line at 163 (this could be false/a subconscious effort on my part to make me feel better about my chances).

Any non urms with <166s better hope to have really awesome GPAs

Stephanie13

Postby Stephanie13 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:48 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
D. H2Oman wrote:
cr073137 wrote:

Their LSAT 25/75 is something like 161/167 so that probably screws up LSP/makes it less accurate. In reality it looks like you really need a 166/167 to be in the green. For URMs on LSN there seems to be a dividing line at 163 (this could be false/a subconscious effort on my part to make me feel better about my chances).

If it helps anyone, I just recently got accepted with a 163/3.8, non-URM.

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:51 pm

Stephanie13 wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:
D. H2Oman wrote:
cr073137 wrote:

If it helps anyone, I just recently got accepted with a 163/3.8, non-URM.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:00 pm

D. H2Oman wrote:
cr073137 wrote:

yes i agree with h20man. LSP is flawed in many ways. the more accurate predictor is whether or not being under their 75/50/25 numbers. there are always exceptions but being under 50% median for both categories is a fact that usually ends up not in a good decision. Splitters and reverse splitters are at least at 75% in one category. You are fine since you are an URM. But these are all accurate facts as well.

are you against unfounded optimism as well? or does it only apply to negativity?

badwithpseudonyms

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:56 pm

Just wanted to say that I'm out at WUSTL and I hope this opens up a spot and some money for those still waiting.

colforbin

Postby colforbin » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:09 pm

I guess we'll just find out tomorrow and then be able to put this conversation to rest. Or maybe not.

keemos

Postby keemos » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:35 pm

colforbin wrote:I guess we'll just find out tomorrow and then be able to put this conversation to rest. Or maybe not.

If we do hear something tomorrow when will it be?

msbeautifulbasham

Postby msbeautifulbasham » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:38 pm

badwithpseudonyms wrote:Just wanted to say that I'm out at WUSTL and I hope this opens up a spot and some money for those still waiting.

Thanks! Do you know where you are headed?

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:41 pm

keemos wrote:
colforbin wrote:I guess we'll just find out tomorrow and then be able to put this conversation to rest. Or maybe not.

If we do hear something tomorrow when will it be?

around 6-6:30 EST/ 3-3:30 PST

badwithpseudonyms

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:44 pm

msbeautifulbasham wrote:
badwithpseudonyms wrote:Just wanted to say that I'm out at WUSTL and I hope this opens up a spot and some money for those still waiting.

Thanks! Do you know where you are headed?

UVA Class of 2013!

foosh

Postby foosh » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:35 pm

Was "Application Complete" 2/1, and today updated to "Application Complete" 3/1. Any idea what this means?

Katherine

Postby Katherine » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:43 pm

Status went to complete 3/1 today. Nervous... 3.4/162 with decent softs. Any idea how they notify us?

Best of luck to everyone!

foosh

Postby foosh » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:45 pm

Katherine wrote:Status went to complete 3/1 today. Nervous... 3.4/162 with decent softs. Any idea how they notify us?

Best of luck to everyone!

I believe the general consensus is an email, followed by a flash drive in the mail.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”