For WUSTL Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
robin600

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby robin600 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:53 am

CyLaw wrote:
superflush wrote:
robin600 wrote:Wtf?!?! Epic fail to the asshole who added these things to your status checker before a decision is made!

Huh.
That is on other status checker's of mine as well

Yeah, people need to understand that these schools use the LSAC service to do their status checkers for them. They are just basic templates, and as with most programs, if there is no data it defaults to 0, so no decision has been made, hence no deposit fee yet, hence the zeros.

They mean nothing. They are there because they are part of the template. Some schools remove them, most don't.

Not every little thing means something. The checkers are quite explicit when they mean to give you meaningful data.

Well I like to read into every little detail OK?!?!

superflush

Postby superflush » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:03 am

robin600 wrote:Well I like to read into every little detail OK?!?!

Did you find out who added it to the status checker. :lol:

robin600

Postby robin600 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:43 am

superflush wrote:

Did you find out who added it to the status checker. :lol:

No my intel team is on that...duh... :roll:

CyLaw

Postby CyLaw » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:49 am

No problem. I definitely understand the feeling, and have been known to do the same thing.

robin600

Postby robin600 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:51 am

CyLaw wrote:

No problem. I definitely understand the feeling, and have been known to do the same thing.

I hear people like us make great lawyers tho! :lol:

panadera

Postby panadera » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:53 pm

Just FYI: the status checker adds two things when they're about to send decisions.
It later says: Decision Status, and then Decision Date.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:59 pm

kpd-m wrote:Just FYI: the status checker adds two things when they're about to send decisions.

you have a decision coming?

panadera

Postby panadera » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:05 pm

Veritas wrote:
kpd-m wrote:Just FYI: the status checker adds two things when they're about to send decisions.

Not until December. Thats when "rolling admissions" starts. But the status checker says "Decision Status: Decision made," and then the date below.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:08 pm

kpd-m wrote:
Veritas wrote:

Not until December. Thats when "rolling admissions" starts. But the status checker says "Decision Status: Decision made," and then the date below.

so they have made a decision that won't be released until December?

that kind of sucks.

panadera

Postby panadera » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:24 pm

Veritas wrote:
kpd-m wrote:
Veritas wrote:

so they have made a decision that won't be released until December?

that kind of sucks.

A-greed. I was so excited on Wednesday. But not anymore.
Though December is better than April!

It's their first year with a status checker though. So the "decision made" might be a mistake. The office really only said that no matter what it says no one would hear until December.

monkey85

Postby monkey85 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:05 pm

Anybody know: Do we need to send in the financial aid forms to be "complete"?

najumobi

Postby najumobi » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:18 pm

monkey85 wrote:Anybody know: Do we need to send in the financial aid forms to be "complete"?

no

robin600

Postby robin600 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:10 am

Does anyone else have the decision made? Mine just says complete since 9/24

MirandaHobbes

Postby MirandaHobbes » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:50 pm

anyone else get a second status checker e-mail today? no new news, just my status checker login, which i'd already gotten 10 days ago.

Mail Description Mailing Date
Application Status E-Mail Sent 11/16/2009
Application Status E-Mail Sent 11/06/2009

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:05 pm

complete 11/16

MirandaHobbes

Postby MirandaHobbes » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:14 pm

Veritas wrote:complete 11/16

when did they receive your app? i haven't gone complete yet, but as i mentioned above, i got a weird second status checker e-mail today.

jasmoon

Postby jasmoon » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:44 pm

I just sent my app in today. Now the waiting begins...

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:49 pm

Same here, sent mine in a week ago.

My numbers aren't great (3.23/164), but hopefully the being out of school a while helps.

They are pretty high on my list.

annabell

Postby annabell » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:49 pm

I may have posted this on another WashU thread, but is it normal to not receive a complete email for weeks after submitting? When should one call to check on one's status?

Emma.

Postby Emma. » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:55 pm

annabell wrote:I may have posted this on another WashU thread, but is it normal to not receive a complete email for weeks after submitting? When should one call to check on one's status?

Yeah, they were super slow IIRC... I didn't hear anything for a while, (maybe 10 days) and they are only getting busier now.

YellowCake

Postby YellowCake » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:03 pm

annabell wrote:I may have posted this on another WashU thread, but is it normal to not receive a complete email for weeks after submitting? When should one call to check on one's status?

My status checker was Application Received on 11/1 and not complete until 11/18.

poprox

Postby poprox » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:42 pm

I got the email saying my application was complete on Oct 21, and the status checker has also said "application complete" up until today. Suddenly, just as of today, it says "application incomplete" on the status checker. I'll be calling tomorrow to see what's going on.... Anyone else had this happen? I'm hoping they meant to update it to say "decision made", but accidentally clicked the wrong thing. Will follow-up when I find out.

poprox

Postby poprox » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:48 am

So I just called the admissions office. The person who answered checked on my application, and said it is incomplete because they require 2 letters of recommendation, and I only submitted one. After getting off the phone, I went to lsac.org and checked....for Washington University in St Louis it clearly says "0 letters required, 2 recommended". I am dumbfounded. My application has already been complete for over a month with the one letter of recommendation, now they're saying I need two. I went ahead and assigned another letter of recommendation to them on lsac, then checked the WUSTL law website, which says "(at least) 2 letters" are required. hmmm.... I really don't recall them ever requiring more than one letter.

MC Southstar

Postby MC Southstar » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:53 am

poprox wrote:So I just called the admissions office. The person who answered checked on my application, and said it is incomplete because they require 2 letters of recommendation, and I only submitted one. After getting off the phone, I went to lsac.org and checked....for Washington University in St Louis it clearly says "0 letters required, 2 recommended". I am dumbfounded. My application has already been complete for over a month with the one letter of recommendation, now they're saying I need two. I went ahead and assigned another letter of recommendation to them on lsac, then checked the WUSTL law website, which says "(at least) 2 letters" are required. hmmm.... I really don't recall them ever requiring more than one letter.

Always read the instructions, LSAC is sometimes inaccurate.

panadera

Postby panadera » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:55 am

shadowfrost000 wrote:
poprox wrote:So I just called the admissions office. The person who answered checked on my application, and said it is incomplete because they require 2 letters of recommendation, and I only submitted one. After getting off the phone, I went to lsac.org and checked....for Washington University in St Louis it clearly says "0 letters required, 2 recommended". I am dumbfounded. My application has already been complete for over a month with the one letter of recommendation, now they're saying I need two. I went ahead and assigned another letter of recommendation to them on lsac, then checked the WUSTL law website, which says "(at least) 2 letters" are required. hmmm.... I really don't recall them ever requiring more than one letter.

Always read the instructions, LSAC is sometimes inaccurate.

But it's weird that he was considered "complete" for a whole month. What if they didn't do status checkers this year, and he thought he was complete, even though yesterday they decided he wasn't?

I'm glad you found out about this and could fix it, poprox

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”