For WUSTL Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jman77
Posts: 594
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:33 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby jman77 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:04 pm

39K/year no strings attached for me. Pretty happy with it. Also helps alleviate the sting of the Boalt ding a bit.

User avatar
Huskrfn127
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:06 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Huskrfn127 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:05 pm

Same as everyone else, got the scholarship e-mail. I'm disappointed, since it's much less than I was offered at some other schools, but I'm not going to completely count them out just yet.

User avatar
jks289
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby jks289 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:06 pm

cendien wrote:Scholarship email just receivedl. SIL is the same as normal scholarships, it seems. Fairly low amount here, but fairly on par with last year, if I recall.


+1. Not bad but a disappointing amount for the numbers. I hope I can negotiate it up at least a little bit.

User avatar
ziggystardust23
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:25 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby ziggystardust23 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:07 pm

dakatz wrote:Just got email. They offered me Scholar in Law Award of 32K a year, guaranteed with no strings attached. Very cool offer.



+1 I didn't get quite that much (10k/year) but excited nonetheless!

luckyjd
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby luckyjd » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:07 pm

Seriously... just got $12,000 over 3 years (a mere $4000 per year)... It almost feels like a joke. Also got USB today, accepted 02/02.

User avatar
vanstone22
Posts: 148
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:32 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby vanstone22 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:07 pm

10k/yr
Does anyone know about WUSTL matching similarly ranked school's offers?

User avatar
utcris410
Posts: 465
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby utcris410 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:08 pm

congrats to all the scholarship recipients! :D

Doodsmack
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:39 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Doodsmack » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:09 pm

Got mine too. Very happy

Stephanie13
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:50 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Stephanie13 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:09 pm

I did not get a scholarship email just now but I also wasn't accepted till just this Tuesday. Does this mean I won't be getting an offer? I know my numbers aren't that great but even a little would be nice!

User avatar
maximus34998
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:16 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby maximus34998 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:10 pm

43k/year. Damn. This definitely puts WUSTL at the top of the list.

User avatar
Sauer Grapes
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:02 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Sauer Grapes » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:10 pm

....
Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
vanstone22
Posts: 148
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:32 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby vanstone22 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:10 pm

Stephanie13 wrote:I did not get a scholarship email just now but I also wasn't accepted till just this Tuesday. Does this mean I won't be getting an offer? I know my numbers aren't that great but even a little would be nice!



From what ive seen they let you know in acceptance email if you are being considered for the SIL offer.

User avatar
DoctorNick189
Posts: 189
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:21 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby DoctorNick189 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:11 pm

33k. Irvine it is.

User avatar
Holly Golightly
Posts: 4603
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:30 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Holly Golightly » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:11 pm

$10k/year, pretty much what I expected. Congrats to you guys who were offered ridiculous money!

User avatar
NayBoer
Posts: 1013
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:24 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby NayBoer » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:13 pm

Just got an email offering $33k / 3 yrs. I withdrew ~2 months ago.

Edit - also, my admit email did not say I was being considered for a scholarship.
Last edited by NayBoer on Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Neil
Posts: 178
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:09 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Neil » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:14 pm

vanstone22 wrote:10k/yr
Does anyone know about WUSTL matching similarly ranked school's offers?


+1 on both counts.

I was surprised to get this e-mail, because I did not have the line in my acceptance e-mail that I was being considered for SIL. I'm excited, though this still leaves WUSTL much more expensive than MN or UIUC. Hoping they will negotiate a little...

User avatar
tintin
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:26 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby tintin » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:14 pm

wow, i just got an almost full ride offer via the Scholars in Law award. I didn't even mean to apply to WUSTL but this is really making me think twice....eeek.

ENGINEERD
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:15 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby ENGINEERD » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:14 pm

DoctorNick189 wrote:33k. Irvine it is.


Dr. Nick, just out of curiosity, why choose Irvine over WUSTL

Stephanie13
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:50 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Stephanie13 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:14 pm

vanstone22 wrote:
Stephanie13 wrote:I did not get a scholarship email just now but I also wasn't accepted till just this Tuesday. Does this mean I won't be getting an offer? I know my numbers aren't that great but even a little would be nice!



From what ive seen they let you know in acceptance email if you are being considered for the SIL offer.

Oh ok thanks. I don't see that in my acceptance email so I guess not.

luckyjd
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby luckyjd » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:15 pm

Neil wrote:
vanstone22 wrote:10k/yr
Does anyone know about WUSTL matching similarly ranked school's offers?


+1 on both counts.

I was surprised to get this e-mail, because I did not have the line in my acceptance e-mail that I was being considered for SIL. I'm excited, though this still leaves WUSTL much more expensive than MN or UIUC. Hoping they will negotiate a little...


Yeah... UIUC is definitely trumping WUSTL right now for me.

User avatar
jmaan
Posts: 313
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:15 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby jmaan » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:16 pm

63k/3years here...already withdrew though so i dont know why they sent me this

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4137
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Helmholtz » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:16 pm

$27k scholarship offer. ROFLNO, WUSTL.

User avatar
initech
Posts: 143
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:10 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby initech » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:18 pm

$30K over three years. Nowhere near enough to convince me...especially considering they've offered a lot more $ to applicants that withdrew weeks ago.

User avatar
scribelaw
Posts: 760
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby scribelaw » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:18 pm

$36/k a year.

User avatar
tomhaverford
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby tomhaverford » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:19 pm

luckyjd wrote:
Neil wrote:
vanstone22 wrote:10k/yr
Does anyone know about WUSTL matching similarly ranked school's offers?


+1 on both counts.

I was surprised to get this e-mail, because I did not have the line in my acceptance e-mail that I was being considered for SIL. I'm excited, though this still leaves WUSTL much more expensive than MN or UIUC. Hoping they will negotiate a little...


Yeah... UIUC is definitely trumping WUSTL right now for me.


Agreed. It's gonna be hard to pass up a lot more money from UIUC to go to WUSTL. If they negotiate and make it close then maybe...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”