For WUSTL Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
najumobi

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby najumobi » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:40 pm

sibley wrote:
najumobi wrote:
camstant wrote:hmm... I was accepted in nov. also but still haven't gotten anything in the mail...
you're really not missing out on anything. noone has received any scholarship packages. that's about the only important thing to expect in the mail from admissions.

But it's CUTE! ...I assume.
haha....it does look nice...

jks289

Postby jks289 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:24 pm

I am getting a little bit irritated with the scholarship stuff. They said "middle of February" and it is now the "end of February" and still not a word for anyone. If they give me a big enough number I can withdraw from a bunch of waitlists and schools I haven't heard from. Free up spots for other people, and start to narrow down my options. I wish they hadn't created the expectation of a certain date, in the first place.

ETA Sorry if that sounds entitled. I just feel like WUSTL really depends on the money for me, and I would be willing to telll them yes or no almost immediately. Seems like it would be better for everyone to get numbers out there.

ec2xs

Postby ec2xs » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:28 pm

Sauer Grapes wrote:Also, make sure you got the reimbursement email, otherwise they probably will not reimburse you.

They also stated that they require receipts, so I'm not sure if mileage will be reimbursed or just gas, arline, hotel, rental car, etc. since they have a receipt.

Someone could email and ask if they reimburse mileage.

The email they sent out states that you just have to fill out an application when you get there for ASD. No mention of a reimbursement email.

emciosn

Postby emciosn » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:29 pm

jks289 wrote:I am getting a little bit irritated with the scholarship stuff. They said "middle of February" and it is now the "end of February" and still not a word for anyone. If they give me a big enough number I can withdraw from a bunch of waitlists and schools I haven't heard from. Free up spots for other people, and start to narrow down my options. I wish they hadn't created the expectation of a certain date, in the first place.

ETA Sorry if that sounds entitled. I just feel like WUSTL really depends on the money for me, and I would be willing to telll them yes or no almost immediately. Seems like it would be better for everyone to get numbers out there.

I think that's fair. Its hard to not sound entitled when you are feeling like you should be hearing about a scholarship from them, I have been feeling the same way. When you're thinking about higher ranked schools a big scholarship from a school like Wash U may be the only thing to shift you back to them. I just was to hear for my own mental health. Makes me feel a little better that no one else has heard either...

camstant

Postby camstant » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:41 pm

emciosn wrote:
jks289 wrote:I am getting a little bit irritated with the scholarship stuff. They said "middle of February" and it is now the "end of February" and still not a word for anyone. If they give me a big enough number I can withdraw from a bunch of waitlists and schools I haven't heard from. Free up spots for other people, and start to narrow down my options. I wish they hadn't created the expectation of a certain date, in the first place.

I think that's fair. Its hard to not sound entitled when you are feeling like you should be hearing about a scholarship from them, I have been feeling the same way. When you're thinking about higher ranked schools a big scholarship from a school like Wash U may be the only thing to shift you back to them. I just was to hear for my own mental health. Makes me feel a little better that no one else has heard either...

I'm in the exact same boat. As soon as I can get that information I can really start to make some decisions. Wash U is my first choice, but it's really only gonna happen if I can get the money to go there. I think we'd all like to have a better idea of where we are going to be 6 months from now :wink:

ndirish2010

Postby ndirish2010 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:29 pm

We're almost to 6:30 EST on Tuesday, when decisions seem to come out...anyone expecting a decision today?

Stephanie13

Postby Stephanie13 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:42 pm

OMG I just got in!!!! AHHH

MissLucky

Postby MissLucky » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:44 pm

Stephanie13 wrote:OMG I just got in!!!! AHHH

WOWZA congrats! how many complete updates did you have???

Stephanie13

Postby Stephanie13 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:46 pm

MissLucky wrote:

WOWZA congrats! how many complete updates did you have???

At least one after the original complete date, but I stopped checking my status after awhile since I didn't think WUSTL was ever going to get back to me!

initech

Postby initech » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:49 pm

camstant wrote:
emciosn wrote:

I'm in the exact same boat. As soon as I can get that information I can really start to make some decisions. Wash U is my first choice, but it's really only gonna happen if I can get the money to go there. I think we'd all like to have a better idea of where we are going to be 6 months from now :wink:

Same here, I'd like to hear about possible $ so I can begin to make some decisions.

nyyankees

Postby nyyankees » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:50 pm

congrats!

utcris410

Postby utcris410 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:51 pm

Congrats!! :)

Stephanie13

Postby Stephanie13 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:53 pm

Thanks everyone! Now I really have to think about it.. I hadn't even considered WashU since I didn't think I'd even get in!

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:57 pm

was acceptances through emails? i forget....

nm it is emails... but is it certain that everyone who gets accepted usually gets updated 2 times? other then the first complete date?

Stephanie13

Postby Stephanie13 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:00 pm

finalaspects wrote:was acceptances through emails? i forget....

I got mine in an email..

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:01 pm

Stephanie13 wrote:

I got mine in an email..

when is the latest complete date on your status checker? and you got the email today?

84Sunbird2000

Postby 84Sunbird2000 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:03 pm

I have a feeling that the city of St. Louis hates me. SLU said they had 50 finalists for the 1843, but I wasn't one of them (and my numbers are above most of those who've actually won them in the past), and WUSTL has held me at complete since 2/5, and I have about the same GPA, but a 166, but no response yet. It must have been all the times I berated the Cardinals when I was rooting for the Cubs at Busch.

GatorGirl1230

Postby GatorGirl1230 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:05 pm

I just got the acceptance email! :)

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:06 pm

GatorGirl1230 wrote:I just got the acceptance email! :)

congrats! what were your complete dates? how many times did they change?

GatorGirl1230

Postby GatorGirl1230 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:12 pm

finalaspects wrote:
GatorGirl1230 wrote:I just got the acceptance email! :)

congrats! what were your complete dates? how many times did they change?

Thank you!!! I applied in early December and it went complete on 12/4. I didn't really check after that, but I think there was one change after the initial complete date - so maybe two total? I really don't know. Good luck to everyone!!! :D

ndirish2010

Postby ndirish2010 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:14 pm

I checked my status checker and I'm at complete 2/23 now...updated from 2/8 and 2/10...did anyone else get this and no decision?

utcris410

Postby utcris410 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:14 pm

finalaspects wrote:
Stephanie13 wrote:

I got mine in an email..

when is the latest complete date on your status checker? and you got the email today?

curious about this, as well

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:16 pm

ndirish2010 wrote:I checked my status checker and I'm at complete 2/23 now...updated from 2/8 and 2/10...did anyone else get this and no decision?

when did you apply? was 2/8 your first complete date?

Spaceman Spiff

Postby Spaceman Spiff » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:18 pm

ndirish2010 wrote:I checked my status checker and I'm at complete 2/23 now...updated from 2/8 and 2/10...did anyone else get this and no decision?

Same thing with me, although I went 2/3, 2/10, 2/23. It seems like two updates before a decision is the norm.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:23 pm

Spaceman Spiff wrote:

Same thing with me, although I went 2/3, 2/10, 2/23. It seems like two updates before a decision is the norm.

so since you have the 2 updates when do you think you'll receive a decision? or is there another update before a decision?

also do you mind sharing your stats?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”