For WUSTL Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sibley

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby sibley » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:13 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
sibley wrote:
mountaintime wrote:2/3 still waiting... trying to stay optimistic

Don't be too worried yet... I was admitted ages ago and have yet to receive my packet, the same with many other people on here.

i think he's worried about actually getting in...as opposed to getting a packet from admissions. ....

I'm assuming that all levels of their process are delayed, not just mine...

najumobi

Postby najumobi » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:03 am

taw856 wrote:
najumobi wrote:if you have at least a 167 your gpa doesn't matter.

I hope you're right. 2/4'er with a 170 and still waiting...

I'm not unhappy with my best option right now, so I can't really complain -- but the splitter waitlists are adding up, and I'd prefer to have better scholarship leverage.

EDIT: To add that I'm not implying WUSTL isn't a top choice. I just want all my acceptances to help leverage the others. :wink:

not a bad strategy at all :)

jdude

Postby jdude » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:24 am

I applied on 1/24 and my application was complete 1/25. I got an acceptance email on 2/8 with mention of scholars in law award and I received the disk drive on 2/15 or 2/16. I haven't heard anything back about the scholars in law award yet.

MBZags

Postby MBZags » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:44 pm

I don't know if this has been posted before, but here are some pictures of the school: http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm14 ... t%20Louis/

Cale39

Postby Cale39 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:38 pm

2/5er still waiting here, any others?

ziggystardust23

Postby ziggystardust23 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:38 pm

jdude wrote:I applied on 1/24 and my application was complete 1/25. I got an acceptance email on 2/8 with mention of scholars in law award and I received the disk drive on 2/15 or 2/16. I haven't heard anything back about the scholars in law award yet.

+1

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:48 pm

I'll be in STL for a few days over the March 26th weekend, and I echo ec2xs in saying that we should get some people together for drinks. Who else is going to this ASD? PM me if you guys want to meet up and go out on the town.

nyyankees

Postby nyyankees » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:52 pm

decided to hold off on visit until this weekend. Officially joining 3/26 ASW crew

Cale39

Postby Cale39 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:56 pm

deleted

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:04 pm

Has anybody in here gotten their scholarship package yet? I'm sitting on pins and needles waiting for it. A big offer from WUSTL and my decision process will be over.

cubswin

Postby cubswin » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:18 pm

romothesavior wrote:Has anybody in here gotten their scholarship package yet? I'm sitting on pins and needles waiting for it. A big offer from WUSTL and my decision process will be over.

No sir. I am optimistic we will hear this week, based off of some things I was told when I visited.

missvik218

Postby missvik218 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:20 pm

cubswin wrote:
romothesavior wrote:Has anybody in here gotten their scholarship package yet? I'm sitting on pins and needles waiting for it. A big offer from WUSTL and my decision process will be over.

No sir. I am optimistic we will hear this week, based off of some things I was told when I visited.

Oooh, excellent ... good to know!

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:26 pm

missvik218 wrote:
cubswin wrote:

Very exciting. Does anyone know if the info is sent via email? If it's snailmail it's liable to come while I'm at the ASW and I'm afraid I'd be too tempted to awkwardly ask an adcomm during a tour or something :lol:

jks289

Postby jks289 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:35 pm

I just got an email asking me to complete their online financial aid application (I had only done the FAFSA). Could mean scholarship awards are eminent (or that I screwed myself by not knowing I had to fill this part out...) Anyone else get this?

missvik218

Postby missvik218 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:39 pm

jks289 wrote:I just got an email asking me to complete their online financial aid application (I had only done the FAFSA). Could mean scholarship awards are eminent (or that I screwed myself by not knowing I had to fill this part out...) Anyone else get this?

Got it too (a few weeks ago though), I don't know if it really means anything other than you needed to fill out the form.

To the above poster ... WUSTL has done ALL communication electronically thus far (except for sending the flash drives), I wouldn't imagine they'll change now. I think we should be on the lookout for SIL e-mails.

Neil

Postby Neil » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:39 pm

jks289 wrote:I just got an email asking me to complete their online financial aid application (I had only done the FAFSA). Could mean scholarship awards are eminent (or that I screwed myself by not knowing I had to fill this part out...) Anyone else get this?

Yeah, I just got it, too. Just filled out my FAFSA last week. Filling this out now...

jks289

Postby jks289 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:48 pm

Neil wrote:

Yeah, I just got it, too. Just filled out my FAFSA last week. Filling this out now...

Whew, that reassures me a little. I thought maybe I had missed the deadline. I am way more excited to get the scholarship info (if it is coming) than my LSAT score at the end of the week! A big enough offer would pretty much decide it for me.

missvik218

Postby missvik218 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:50 pm

jks289 wrote:
Neil wrote:

Whew, that reassures me a little. I thought maybe I had missed the deadline. I am way more excited to get the scholarship info (if it is coming) than my LSAT score at the end of the week! A big enough offer would pretty much decide it for me.

GOOD LUCK!!

cubswin

Postby cubswin » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:04 pm

stratocophic wrote:
missvik218 wrote:
cubswin wrote:

Very exciting. Does anyone know if the info is sent via email? If it's snailmail it's liable to come while I'm at the ASW and I'm afraid I'd be too tempted to awkwardly ask an adcomm during a tour or something :lol:

I am pretty sure (but not absolutely certain) that they are notifying us via e-mail.

faith2202

Postby faith2202 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:15 pm

So it seems that no one has gotten anything yet in terms of aid? I do remember someone calling and mentioning that it would be "sent in the middle of the month" which, if correct, means we should have gotten it if it was email, and should be getting it this week if it was snail mail. Does anyone else remember that?

Thomas Jefferson

Postby Thomas Jefferson » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:17 pm

I got a response to my email inquiring about a travel stipend for ASW and was told that I will not be getting one. I also was never told about any consideration for SIL in any correspondence from them. Am I screwed for scholarship money? I got money from Minnesota, so I thought I would get something from WUSTL.

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:20 pm

Thomas Jefferson wrote:I got a response to my email inquiring about a travel stipend for ASW and was told that I will not be getting one. I also was never told about any consideration for SIL in any correspondence from them. Am I screwed for scholarship money? I got money from Minnesota, so I thought I would get something from WUSTL.

I think the SIL refers to all scholarships, and anyone under consideration had it in the acceptance email. That being said, I would definitely try and use the Minnesota $ to leverage them. You never know.

cubswin

Postby cubswin » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:25 pm

faith2202 wrote:So it seems that no one has gotten anything yet in terms of aid? I do remember someone calling and mentioning that it would be "sent in the middle of the month" which, if correct, means we should have gotten it if it was email, and should be getting it this week if it was snail mail. Does anyone else remember that?

You might have a point there.

jks289

Postby jks289 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:28 pm

stratocophic wrote:
Thomas Jefferson wrote:I got a response to my email inquiring about a travel stipend for ASW and was told that I will not be getting one. I also was never told about any consideration for SIL in any correspondence from them. Am I screwed for scholarship money? I got money from Minnesota, so I thought I would get something from WUSTL.

I think the SIL refers to all scholarships, and anyone under consideration had it in the acceptance email. That being said, I would definitely try and use the Minnesota $ to leverage them. You never know.

Yes, I think SIL is a general way of saying "We are thinking about giving you money." I don't think you should assume you aren't getting anything though. You should write them a polite letter explaining the importance of financial considerations and saying you have x amount from Minnesota. You may have to wait until they see who is accepting money offers first though. Good luck.

ec2xs

Postby ec2xs » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:11 pm

ec2xs wrote:Would anyone heading to the admitted students' day want to meet up for a drink on the 25th? I'll be flying in from Texas and would like to check out the area that night. If so, PM me.

Whoops. February ASD, not March one. Just realized they are both on the 26th.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”