For WUSTL Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Sauer Grapes
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:02 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Sauer Grapes » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:59 pm

....
Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
nyyankees
Posts: 484
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:50 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby nyyankees » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:33 pm

WUSTL,

Image

Cheers,
nyy

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby sibley » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:29 am

nyyankees wrote:
Im starting to think that maybe they are just waiting to send the flash with the SIL info. Has anyone received the flash this week?



that's what I was thinking too, but someone being considered for SIL got hers this week (missvik maybe?)

User avatar
MBZags
Posts: 552
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:21 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby MBZags » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:02 pm

sibley wrote:
nyyankees wrote:
Im starting to think that maybe they are just waiting to send the flash with the SIL info. Has anyone received the flash this week?



that's what I was thinking too, but someone being considered for SIL got hers this week (missvik maybe?)


Yeah, I think the SIL people (including me) have already gotten their USBs. Plus, I think scholarship information comes via e-mail.

User avatar
nyyankees
Posts: 484
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:50 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby nyyankees » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:05 pm

MBZags wrote:
sibley wrote:
nyyankees wrote:
Im starting to think that maybe they are just waiting to send the flash with the SIL info. Has anyone received the flash this week?



that's what I was thinking too, but someone being considered for SIL got hers this week (missvik maybe?)


Yeah, I think the SIL people (including me) have already gotten their USBs. Plus, I think scholarship information comes via e-mail.


everyday after the mail comes, i immediately come to this thread and report my dismay. Ugggggghhhhh. It sucks cuz if I wasnt on tls i probably wouldnt know about this usb and be fine, but now that i know (fair or not) it makes me think less of the school.

User avatar
najumobi
Posts: 1111
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:36 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby najumobi » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:29 pm

finalaspects wrote:
JOThompson wrote:
colforbin wrote:think this is a bad sign?

Current Status: Application Complete
Current Status Date: 12/11/2009

I hope not, as I've been Complete for months as well.


WUSTL hasn't rejected or waitlisted anyone which is technically a bad sign. if you survived the first few waves of rejections and waitlists that would mean they're at least thinking about you.

but it all depends on your stats. if you guys have near medians then i'm sure its not a bad sign but if you are below their medians... then it might be of concern.

you're right that it basically boils down to numbers...if you have at least a 167 your gpa doesn't matter. if you don't have a 167, you'll need at least a 163 and a 3.7 gpa in order to get in. of course there may applicants with exceptional softs to overcome a deficit in numbers...

User avatar
Huskrfn127
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:06 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Huskrfn127 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:42 pm

nyyankees wrote:
MBZags wrote:
sibley wrote:
nyyankees wrote:
Im starting to think that maybe they are just waiting to send the flash with the SIL info. Has anyone received the flash this week?



that's what I was thinking too, but someone being considered for SIL got hers this week (missvik maybe?)


Yeah, I think the SIL people (including me) have already gotten their USBs. Plus, I think scholarship information comes via e-mail.


everyday after the mail comes, i immediately come to this thread and report my dismay. Ugggggghhhhh. It sucks cuz if I wasnt on tls i probably wouldnt know about this usb and be fine, but now that i know (fair or not) it makes me think less of the school.


I'm going to go ahead and chime in. I've been stalking this thread for a good month now, and I'm in the same boat with the USB deal. I got the accept e-mail on 1/25 and haven't got the mailing yet. So I guess it's more than just a fluke given the number of people who haven't gotten theirs either. We'll see what happens, I guess.

User avatar
najumobi
Posts: 1111
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:36 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby najumobi » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:53 pm

Huskrfn127 wrote:I'm going to go ahead and chime in. I've been stalking this thread for a good month now, and I'm in the same boat with the USB deal. I got the accept e-mail on 1/25 and haven't got the mailing yet. So I guess it's more than just a fluke given the number of people who haven't gotten theirs either. We'll see what happens, I guess.

i don't get it....what does receiving a usb key have to do with anything....i got accepted in november and received my key a little under 2 weeks ago...everything on it can be found on their website. i don't think it's a big deal at all.

User avatar
sarlis
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby sarlis » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:14 pm

any 1/26ers still out there...besides me???

onetimeonly95
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:25 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby onetimeonly95 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:20 pm

how about the 2/3ers? Are we still waiting?

MissLucky
Posts: 903
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:48 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby MissLucky » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:24 pm

2/4s are still waiting...
Come on WUSTL, show us the love :D

User avatar
Encyclopedia Brown
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:25 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:30 pm

onetimeonly95 wrote:how about the 2/3ers? Are we still waiting?

Yep. At least some of us.

floppymex
Posts: 118
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:00 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby floppymex » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:31 pm

-
Last edited by floppymex on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
D. H2Oman
Posts: 7469
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:47 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby D. H2Oman » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:34 pm

Still waiting at 2/3 as well. I think they let some 2/3's in last week.

User avatar
taw856
Posts: 212
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:05 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby taw856 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:05 pm

najumobi wrote:if you have at least a 167 your gpa doesn't matter.


I hope you're right. 2/4'er with a 170 and still waiting...

I'm not unhappy with my best option right now, so I can't really complain -- but the splitter waitlists are adding up, and I'd prefer to have better scholarship leverage.

EDIT: To add that I'm not implying WUSTL isn't a top choice. I just want all my acceptances to help leverage the others. :wink:
Last edited by taw856 on Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
mytwocents
Posts: 195
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:26 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby mytwocents » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:15 pm

floppymex wrote:2/3 here, still waiting...


I'm a 1/26er still waiting! Although, I just got into my first choice, so I'll most likely withdraw from WUSTL.

User avatar
mountaintime
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:38 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby mountaintime » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:48 pm

2/3 still waiting... trying to stay optimistic

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby sibley » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:57 pm

mountaintime wrote:2/3 still waiting... trying to stay optimistic



Don't be too worried yet... I was admitted ages ago and have yet to receive my packet, the same with many other people on here.

User avatar
chicoalto0649
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby chicoalto0649 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:59 pm

sibley wrote:
mountaintime wrote:2/3 still waiting... trying to stay optimistic



Don't be too worried yet... I was admitted ages ago and have yet to receive my packet, the same with many other people on here.



i think he's worried about actually getting in...as opposed to getting a packet from admissions. ....

User avatar
ec2xs
Posts: 346
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:05 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby ec2xs » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:19 pm

Would anyone heading to the admitted students' day want to meet up for a drink on the 25th? I'll be flying in from Texas and would like to check out the area that night. If so, PM me.

User avatar
mountaintime
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:38 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby mountaintime » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:20 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
sibley wrote:
mountaintime wrote:2/3 still waiting... trying to stay optimistic



Don't be too worried yet... I was admitted ages ago and have yet to receive my packet, the same with many other people on here.



i think he's worried about actually getting in...as opposed to getting a packet from admissions. ....

true dat

User avatar
chicoalto0649
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby chicoalto0649 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:21 pm

ec2xs wrote:Would anyone heading to the admitted students' day want to meet up for a drink on the 25th? I'll be flying in from Texas and would like to check out the area that night. If so, PM me.



I would.....if I actually received a decision/acceptance :cry:

User avatar
ec2xs
Posts: 346
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:05 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby ec2xs » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:24 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
ec2xs wrote:Would anyone heading to the admitted students' day want to meet up for a drink on the 25th? I'll be flying in from Texas and would like to check out the area that night. If so, PM me.



I would.....if I actually received a decision/acceptance :cry:

Well, come out and haggle with the admissions offices and I'll buy you a drink. Deal?

User avatar
chicoalto0649
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby chicoalto0649 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:26 pm

ec2xs wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:
ec2xs wrote:Would anyone heading to the admitted students' day want to meet up for a drink on the 25th? I'll be flying in from Texas and would like to check out the area that night. If so, PM me.



I would.....if I actually received a decision/acceptance :cry:

Well, come out and haggle with the admissions offices and I'll buy you a drink. Deal?



Already visited/ talked to admissions. The next time I go to St. Louis will be to sit in on a class and go to my ASD (god willing)

User avatar
T14_Scholly
Posts: 416
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:46 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby T14_Scholly » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:37 pm

So there are people who have already gotten news of their scholarships?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jonsie and 10 guests