For WUSTL Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
MBZags
Posts: 552
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:21 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby MBZags » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:35 pm

sibley wrote:
missvik218 wrote:
adh07d wrote:WUSTL sent me an email saying they needed me to fill out the required student need based aid form. I'm guessing this is a good sign they're wrapping things up in the scholarship department?

Hope so, I got that too last week or something! They did say a few weeks ago that they were planning on getting aid info out around the middle of this month ... = NOW!


No email for me yet =/ clearly my admission was a mistake.


Have you submitted your FAFSA? I think that's what triggers the e-mail.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby sibley » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:47 pm

MBZags wrote:
sibley wrote:
missvik218 wrote:
adh07d wrote:WUSTL sent me an email saying they needed me to fill out the required student need based aid form. I'm guessing this is a good sign they're wrapping things up in the scholarship department?

Hope so, I got that too last week or something! They did say a few weeks ago that they were planning on getting aid info out around the middle of this month ... = NOW!


No email for me yet =/ clearly my admission was a mistake.


Have you submitted your FAFSA? I think that's what triggers the e-mail.


Yep. Submitted on the 14th, got my SAR on the 17th. Maybe they'll get me it tomorrow.

User avatar
MBZags
Posts: 552
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:21 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby MBZags » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:04 pm

Yeah, it was probably about a week after I submitted the FAFSA that I got the e-mail so you should be good.

MissLucky
Posts: 903
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:48 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby MissLucky » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:40 am

been complete twice. i wanna go complete again so i can get my FIRST ACCEPTANCE pleaaaaaaaaaase? :oops:

User avatar
chicoalto0649
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby chicoalto0649 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:06 pm

Still complete at 1/5.

Called admissions, the friendly person said no decision has been reached.....don't know what to make of this grrrr....

Doodsmack
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:39 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Doodsmack » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:41 pm

Nightrunner wrote:merit scholarships; I can haz?


Anyone know what method those who receive scholarships will be notified by?

User avatar
vanstone22
Posts: 148
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:32 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby vanstone22 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:50 pm

WUSTL has been on top of it so far this cycle. I'm sure they will get the aid/scholly info out asap.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby sibley » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:50 pm

vanstone22 wrote:WUSTL has been on top of it so far this cycle. I'm sure they will get the aid/scholly info out asap.


balks.

User avatar
poprox
Posts: 247
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:58 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby poprox » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:52 pm

sibley wrote:
vanstone22 wrote:WUSTL has been on top of it so far this cycle. I'm sure they will get the aid/scholly info out asap.


balks.


x2

User avatar
poprox
Posts: 247
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:58 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby poprox » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:53 pm

They'll probably announce that they're getting financial aid/scholarship info out ASAP, then take 2-3 weeks to send it, just like the USB flash drives.

User avatar
nyyankees
Posts: 484
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:50 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby nyyankees » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:46 pm

poprox wrote:
sibley wrote:
vanstone22 wrote:WUSTL has been on top of it so far this cycle. I'm sure they will get the aid/scholly info out asap.


balks.


x2


^4

send me this friggin flash already!

lietx3
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby lietx3 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:54 pm

What does it mean (or your guesses) that I went complete 11/18 but am stuck right now at 1/25. Had a couple of updates before that... ?

colforbin
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:09 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby colforbin » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:03 pm

think this is a bad sign?

Current Status: Application Complete
Current Status Date: 12/11/2009

JOThompson
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:16 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby JOThompson » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:10 pm

colforbin wrote:think this is a bad sign?

Current Status: Application Complete
Current Status Date: 12/11/2009

I hope not, as I've been Complete for months as well.

slenslee
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:13 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby slenslee » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:12 pm

Anyone considered for 'Scholars in Law' scholarship hear anything?

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby finalaspects » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:12 pm

JOThompson wrote:
colforbin wrote:think this is a bad sign?

Current Status: Application Complete
Current Status Date: 12/11/2009

I hope not, as I've been Complete for months as well.


WUSTL hasn't rejected or waitlisted anyone which is technically a bad sign. if you survived the first few waves of rejections and waitlists that would mean they're at least thinking about you.

but it all depends on your stats. if you guys have near medians then i'm sure its not a bad sign but if you are below their medians... then it might be of concern.

colforbin
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:09 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby colforbin » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:12 pm

well i have a 164, 3.7

it's obviously a reach, but it's not like i'm wayyy off base.

User avatar
ryguy
Posts: 328
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:13 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby ryguy » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:31 pm

slenslee wrote:Anyone considered for 'Scholars in Law' scholarship hear anything?

Nothing yet...hope soon.

ENGINEERD
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:15 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby ENGINEERD » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:37 pm

ryguy wrote:
slenslee wrote:Anyone considered for 'Scholars in Law' scholarship hear anything?

Nothing yet...hope soon.


Nothing... still hoping

turkishangora
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:18 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby turkishangora » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:42 pm

nyyankees wrote:
poprox wrote:
sibley wrote:
vanstone22 wrote:WUSTL has been on top of it so far this cycle. I'm sure they will get the aid/scholly info out asap.


balks.


x2


^4

send me this friggin flash already!


You seriously still don't have yours?? Do you actually live in this country? I'm sure interntaional would be slower.

colada
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:00 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby colada » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:10 pm

is the flash seriously that magical? got in in january and never got one, but i'd much rather hear about $$...

turkishangora
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:18 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby turkishangora » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:16 pm

colada wrote:is the flash seriously that magical? got in in january and never got one, but i'd much rather hear about $$...


lol I agree :) and no, the flash is not that great...it's just nice to wait for something

User avatar
nyyankees
Posts: 484
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:50 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby nyyankees » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:17 pm

turkishangora wrote:
nyyankees wrote:
poprox wrote:
sibley wrote:
balks.


x2


^4

send me this friggin flash already!


You seriously still don't have yours?? Do you actually live in this country? I'm sure interntaional would be slower.


i seriously am starting to think maybe the international applicants will get it before me. I got the acceptance in january, this is just crazy.

its not even about the flash at this point, its just the principle that it shouldnt be this far delayed....

Im starting to think that maybe they are just waiting to send the flash with the SIL info. Has anyone received the flash this week?

cubswin
Posts: 618
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 4:40 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby cubswin » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:49 pm

turkishangora wrote:
colada wrote:is the flash seriously that magical? got in in january and never got one, but i'd much rather hear about $$...


lol I agree :) and no, the flash is not that great...it's just nice to wait for something


I was kind of annoyed to discover that it's write-protected, especially since the note that accompanies it tells me there is free space on it for me to use.

+1 To the people who agree WUSTL has been on top of it. They've been really great to deal with, and they told me that scholarship info should be coming out any day now.

User avatar
lt0826
Posts: 215
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:58 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby lt0826 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:54 pm

USB in mail today. Traveling, but the hubby gave me the news. No emails other than the acceptance. Was accepted on 2/8.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”