For WUSTL Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ENGINEERD

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby ENGINEERD » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:20 pm

sibley wrote:
ENGINEERD wrote:Does any one know if the the SIL mention is in every acceptance email?

P.S. Congrats to everyone who has been accepted!

It's not.
(though it's kind of odd that I got it, looking at the admittance stats)

I thought it was slightly odd I got it too.

BTW I think its odd that my status checker still says complete 2/12 but I was accepted via email 2/16

sibley

Postby sibley » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:21 pm

ENGINEERD wrote:
sibley wrote:
ENGINEERD wrote:Does any one know if the the SIL mention is in every acceptance email?

It's not.

BTW I think its odd that my status checker still says complete 2/12 but I was accepted via email 2/16

eh, mine doesn't even work anymore.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:28 pm

what's a SIL?

sibley

Postby sibley » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:28 pm

finalaspects wrote:what's a SIL?

scholars in law

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:47 pm

ENGINEERD wrote:
sibley wrote:

It's not.

Could be that you were accepted the 12th and they caught the email problem they've been having on Tuesday.

sibley

Postby sibley » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:49 pm

I have myself positioned in the kitchen so I'll have a good view of the mailman going by. If my flash drive is missing I'm going to chase him to the neighbor's house and kick him in the shins.

emciosn

Postby emciosn » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:57 pm

Hey all,

I was accepted on 2/2. They said I was being considered for the scholars in law scholarships as well. I e-mail back the next day and asked about how long the process would take and she said they would decide withing the next couple weeks. Haven't gotten an e-mail back or anything.

Just wondering if anyone that was accepted on or around that date has heard about scholarship money yet? (I am 170, 3.58 so i was kind of expecting at least a small scholarship...)

Thanks.

turkishangora

Postby turkishangora » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:35 pm

nyyankees wrote:They supposedly sent out USBs on 2/5 right? is it weird that its getting to be two weeks without them sending it to me? Should i call to confirm they have my address right or sometihng?

I got the acceptance email 2/8 and just received my USB in the mail yesterday. Granted I live in the mid-west, but I have a feeling that things are a little confused in tehri office (I never got the email about admitted students website or ASW), meaning if you don't let them know you don't have something they might not realize it. I don't think it's a case of things a little slow but under control over there. By the way, the package the USB came in is really underwhelming....

sibley

Postby sibley » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:38 pm

turkishangora wrote:
nyyankees wrote:They supposedly sent out USBs on 2/5 right? is it weird that its getting to be two weeks without them sending it to me? Should i call to confirm they have my address right or sometihng?

I got the acceptance email 2/8 and just received my USB in the mail yesterday. Granted I live in the mid-west, but I have a feeling that things are a little confused in tehri office (I never got the email about admitted students website or ASW), meaning if you don't let them know you don't have something they might not realize it. I don't think it's a case of things a little slow but under control over there. By the way, the package the USB came in is really underwhelming....

Mine didn't come =( In Feb 2.

Did anyone with the SIL email get the USB?... <theorizes>

emciosn

Postby emciosn » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:43 pm

sibley wrote:
turkishangora wrote:

Mine didn't come =( In Feb 2.

I got the SIL email but no mail whatsoever from them so far.

missvik218

Postby missvik218 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:44 pm

sibley wrote:Mine didn't come =( In Feb 2.

Yes. Sorry. Yours is coming, don't worry!

sibley

Postby sibley » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:45 pm

missvik218 wrote:

Bah! when did you get your acceptance email? you live in freakin florida!

missvik218

Postby missvik218 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:46 pm

sibley wrote:
missvik218 wrote:

I got in on 1/21 and received my USB on like 2/9 or so.

emciosn

Postby emciosn » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:47 pm

I may be way behind here or missing something but I don't even know what USB you all are talking about. Someone fill me in?

sibley

Postby sibley » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:47 pm

missvik218 wrote:
sibley wrote:
missvik218 wrote:

I got in on 1/21 and received my USB on like 2/9 or so.

sigh.

cardinalandgold

Postby cardinalandgold » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:49 pm

emciosn wrote:I may be way behind here or missing something but I don't even know what USB you all are talking about. Someone fill me in?

It's just a flash drive with info on WUSTL that they send you once you are accepted.

emciosn

Postby emciosn » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:51 pm

cardinalandgold wrote:
emciosn wrote:I may be way behind here or missing something but I don't even know what USB you all are talking about. Someone fill me in?

It's just a flash drive with info on WUSTL that they send you once you are accepted.

i see so why are people so upset about not receiving one if they have already gotten an acceptance e-mail?

sibley

Postby sibley » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:52 pm

emciosn wrote:
cardinalandgold wrote:

i see so why are people so upset about not receiving one if they have already gotten an acceptance e-mail?

we're not upset we're impatient. we like getting presents in the mail.

emciosn

Postby emciosn » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:52 pm

sibley wrote:
emciosn wrote:
cardinalandgold wrote:

we're not upset we're impatient. we like getting presents in the mail.

haha much more clear now. Thanks.

Encyclopedia Brown

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:56 pm

Nothing in the mail today but a bank statement and a glossy mailer from Cooley. Could it get any more depressing?

utcris410

Postby utcris410 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:28 pm

Encyclopedia Brown wrote:Nothing in the mail today but a bank statement and a glossy mailer from Cooley. Could it get any more depressing?

Got that yesterday. I wonder how much $$ they spend on their mailers. I've already received 290348239048 things from them...

Mickey Quicknumbers

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:42 pm

WUSTL sent me an email saying they needed me to fill out the required student need based aid form. I'm guessing this is a good sign they're wrapping things up in the scholarship department?

missvik218

Postby missvik218 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:49 pm

adh07d wrote:WUSTL sent me an email saying they needed me to fill out the required student need based aid form. I'm guessing this is a good sign they're wrapping things up in the scholarship department?

Hope so, I got that too last week or something! They did say a few weeks ago that they were planning on getting aid info out around the middle of this month ... = NOW!

sibley

Postby sibley » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:51 pm

missvik218 wrote:
adh07d wrote:WUSTL sent me an email saying they needed me to fill out the required student need based aid form. I'm guessing this is a good sign they're wrapping things up in the scholarship department?

Hope so, I got that too last week or something! They did say a few weeks ago that they were planning on getting aid info out around the middle of this month ... = NOW!

No email for me yet =/ clearly my admission was a mistake.

nyyankees

Postby nyyankees » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:46 pm

apparently wustl in an effort to be eco-friendly instead of a large package of information sends a usb drive that has all the information they would otherwise send.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”