For WUSTL Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ENGINEERD
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:15 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby ENGINEERD » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:20 pm

sibley wrote:
ENGINEERD wrote:Does any one know if the the SIL mention is in every acceptance email?

P.S. Congrats to everyone who has been accepted!


It's not.
(though it's kind of odd that I got it, looking at the admittance stats)



I thought it was slightly odd I got it too.


BTW I think its odd that my status checker still says complete 2/12 but I was accepted via email 2/16

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby sibley » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:21 pm

ENGINEERD wrote:
sibley wrote:
ENGINEERD wrote:Does any one know if the the SIL mention is in every acceptance email?

P.S. Congrats to everyone who has been accepted!


It's not.
(though it's kind of odd that I got it, looking at the admittance stats)



I thought it was slightly odd I got it too.


BTW I think its odd that my status checker still says complete 2/12 but I was accepted via email 2/16


eh, mine doesn't even work anymore.

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby finalaspects » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:28 pm

what's a SIL?

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby sibley » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:28 pm

finalaspects wrote:what's a SIL?

scholars in law

User avatar
stratocophic
Posts: 2207
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby stratocophic » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:47 pm

ENGINEERD wrote:
sibley wrote:
ENGINEERD wrote:Does any one know if the the SIL mention is in every acceptance email?

P.S. Congrats to everyone who has been accepted!


It's not.
(though it's kind of odd that I got it, looking at the admittance stats)



I thought it was slightly odd I got it too.


BTW I think its odd that my status checker still says complete 2/12 but I was accepted via email 2/16

Could be that you were accepted the 12th and they caught the email problem they've been having on Tuesday.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby sibley » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:49 pm

I have myself positioned in the kitchen so I'll have a good view of the mailman going by. If my flash drive is missing I'm going to chase him to the neighbor's house and kick him in the shins.

User avatar
emciosn
Posts: 392
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:53 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby emciosn » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:57 pm

Hey all,

I was accepted on 2/2. They said I was being considered for the scholars in law scholarships as well. I e-mail back the next day and asked about how long the process would take and she said they would decide withing the next couple weeks. Haven't gotten an e-mail back or anything.

Just wondering if anyone that was accepted on or around that date has heard about scholarship money yet? (I am 170, 3.58 so i was kind of expecting at least a small scholarship...)

Thanks.

turkishangora
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:18 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby turkishangora » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:35 pm

nyyankees wrote:They supposedly sent out USBs on 2/5 right? is it weird that its getting to be two weeks without them sending it to me? Should i call to confirm they have my address right or sometihng?


I got the acceptance email 2/8 and just received my USB in the mail yesterday. Granted I live in the mid-west, but I have a feeling that things are a little confused in tehri office (I never got the email about admitted students website or ASW), meaning if you don't let them know you don't have something they might not realize it. I don't think it's a case of things a little slow but under control over there. By the way, the package the USB came in is really underwhelming....

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby sibley » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:38 pm

turkishangora wrote:
nyyankees wrote:They supposedly sent out USBs on 2/5 right? is it weird that its getting to be two weeks without them sending it to me? Should i call to confirm they have my address right or sometihng?


I got the acceptance email 2/8 and just received my USB in the mail yesterday. Granted I live in the mid-west, but I have a feeling that things are a little confused in tehri office (I never got the email about admitted students website or ASW), meaning if you don't let them know you don't have something they might not realize it. I don't think it's a case of things a little slow but under control over there. By the way, the package the USB came in is really underwhelming....


Mine didn't come =( In Feb 2.

Did anyone with the SIL email get the USB?... <theorizes>

User avatar
emciosn
Posts: 392
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:53 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby emciosn » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:43 pm

sibley wrote:
turkishangora wrote:
nyyankees wrote:They supposedly sent out USBs on 2/5 right? is it weird that its getting to be two weeks without them sending it to me? Should i call to confirm they have my address right or sometihng?


I got the acceptance email 2/8 and just received my USB in the mail yesterday. Granted I live in the mid-west, but I have a feeling that things are a little confused in tehri office (I never got the email about admitted students website or ASW), meaning if you don't let them know you don't have something they might not realize it. I don't think it's a case of things a little slow but under control over there. By the way, the package the USB came in is really underwhelming....


Mine didn't come =( In Feb 2.

Did anyone with the SIL email get the USB?... <theorizes>


I got the SIL email but no mail whatsoever from them so far.

User avatar
missvik218
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:45 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby missvik218 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:44 pm

sibley wrote:Mine didn't come =( In Feb 2.

Did anyone with the SIL email get the USB?... <theorizes>

Yes. Sorry. Yours is coming, don't worry!

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby sibley » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:45 pm

missvik218 wrote:
sibley wrote:Mine didn't come =( In Feb 2.

Did anyone with the SIL email get the USB?... <theorizes>

Yes. Sorry. Yours is coming, don't worry!


Bah! when did you get your acceptance email? you live in freakin florida!

User avatar
missvik218
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:45 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby missvik218 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:46 pm

sibley wrote:
missvik218 wrote:
sibley wrote:Mine didn't come =( In Feb 2.

Did anyone with the SIL email get the USB?... <theorizes>

Yes. Sorry. Yours is coming, don't worry!

Bah! when did you get your acceptance email? you live in freakin florida!

I got in on 1/21 and received my USB on like 2/9 or so.

User avatar
emciosn
Posts: 392
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:53 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby emciosn » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:47 pm

I may be way behind here or missing something but I don't even know what USB you all are talking about. Someone fill me in?

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby sibley » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:47 pm

missvik218 wrote:
sibley wrote:
missvik218 wrote:
sibley wrote:Mine didn't come =( In Feb 2.

Did anyone with the SIL email get the USB?... <theorizes>

Yes. Sorry. Yours is coming, don't worry!

Bah! when did you get your acceptance email? you live in freakin florida!

I got in on 1/21 and received my USB on like 2/9 or so.



sigh.

User avatar
cardinalandgold
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby cardinalandgold » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:49 pm

emciosn wrote:I may be way behind here or missing something but I don't even know what USB you all are talking about. Someone fill me in?

It's just a flash drive with info on WUSTL that they send you once you are accepted.

User avatar
emciosn
Posts: 392
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:53 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby emciosn » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:51 pm

cardinalandgold wrote:
emciosn wrote:I may be way behind here or missing something but I don't even know what USB you all are talking about. Someone fill me in?

It's just a flash drive with info on WUSTL that they send you once you are accepted.


i see so why are people so upset about not receiving one if they have already gotten an acceptance e-mail?

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby sibley » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:52 pm

emciosn wrote:
cardinalandgold wrote:
emciosn wrote:I may be way behind here or missing something but I don't even know what USB you all are talking about. Someone fill me in?

It's just a flash drive with info on WUSTL that they send you once you are accepted.


i see so why are people so upset about not receiving one if they have already gotten an acceptance e-mail?


we're not upset we're impatient. we like getting presents in the mail.

User avatar
emciosn
Posts: 392
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:53 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby emciosn » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:52 pm

sibley wrote:
emciosn wrote:
cardinalandgold wrote:
emciosn wrote:I may be way behind here or missing something but I don't even know what USB you all are talking about. Someone fill me in?

It's just a flash drive with info on WUSTL that they send you once you are accepted.


i see so why are people so upset about not receiving one if they have already gotten an acceptance e-mail?


we're not upset we're impatient. we like getting presents in the mail.


haha much more clear now. Thanks.

User avatar
Encyclopedia Brown
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:25 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:56 pm

Nothing in the mail today but a bank statement and a glossy mailer from Cooley. Could it get any more depressing?

User avatar
utcris410
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby utcris410 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:28 pm

Encyclopedia Brown wrote:Nothing in the mail today but a bank statement and a glossy mailer from Cooley. Could it get any more depressing?

Got that yesterday. I wonder how much $$ they spend on their mailers. I've already received 290348239048 things from them...

User avatar
Mickey Quicknumbers
Posts: 2177
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:22 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:42 pm

WUSTL sent me an email saying they needed me to fill out the required student need based aid form. I'm guessing this is a good sign they're wrapping things up in the scholarship department?

User avatar
missvik218
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:45 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby missvik218 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:49 pm

adh07d wrote:WUSTL sent me an email saying they needed me to fill out the required student need based aid form. I'm guessing this is a good sign they're wrapping things up in the scholarship department?

Hope so, I got that too last week or something! They did say a few weeks ago that they were planning on getting aid info out around the middle of this month ... = NOW!

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby sibley » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:51 pm

missvik218 wrote:
adh07d wrote:WUSTL sent me an email saying they needed me to fill out the required student need based aid form. I'm guessing this is a good sign they're wrapping things up in the scholarship department?

Hope so, I got that too last week or something! They did say a few weeks ago that they were planning on getting aid info out around the middle of this month ... = NOW!


No email for me yet =/ clearly my admission was a mistake.

User avatar
nyyankees
Posts: 484
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:50 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby nyyankees » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:46 pm

emciosn wrote:I may be way behind here or missing something but I don't even know what USB you all are talking about. Someone fill me in?


apparently wustl in an effort to be eco-friendly instead of a large package of information sends a usb drive that has all the information they would otherwise send.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AustinLu, Automotomayor, brinicolec, BruiseWillis, christinaxcarrie, Google Adsense [Bot], lillawyer2, notnecessarilyproper, ohgosh, potterotter, reydingo, wishywashy and 20 guests