For WUSTL Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Zapatero
Posts: 517
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:14 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Zapatero » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:42 pm

Snoopy1216 wrote:
GoogleScholar wrote:Declined my offer of admission. Good luck all!


wait whaaat?? i thought they dont give those things out till April? Were you ED or something?? Do they even have ED?

Okay, lemme recoup....

Def. sorry to hear that. When did you go complete if you dont mind?


He means that he withdrew.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby sibley » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:42 pm

Snoopy1216 wrote:
GoogleScholar wrote:Declined my offer of admission. Good luck all!


wait whaaat?? i thought they dont give those things out till April? Were you ED or something?? Do they even have ED?

Okay, lemme recoup....

Def. sorry to hear that. When did you go complete if you dont mind?


No I think that means he withdrew...

User avatar
Snoopy1216
Posts: 255
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:32 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Snoopy1216 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:43 pm

ccs1702 wrote:
Snoopy1216 wrote:
GoogleScholar wrote:Declined my offer of admission. Good luck all!


wait whaaat?? i thought they dont give those things out till April? Were you ED or something?? Do they even have ED?

Okay, lemme recoup....

Def. sorry to hear that. When did you go complete if you dont mind?


He means that he withdrew.


omg.......... i was refreshing this thread and my inbox like mad.... well good for you google lol

GoogleScholar
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:24 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby GoogleScholar » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:43 pm

sibley wrote:
Snoopy1216 wrote:
GoogleScholar wrote:Declined my offer of admission. Good luck all!


wait whaaat?? i thought they dont give those things out till April? Were you ED or something?? Do they even have ED?

Okay, lemme recoup....

Def. sorry to hear that. When did you go complete if you dont mind?


No I think that means he withdrew...




Sorry for the confusion!! I did withdraw. I was offered admission back in December and told them today that I would not be enrolling.

Edit: Hope that frees up a spot for one of you still waiting!

User avatar
fl0w
Posts: 1404
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:46 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby fl0w » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:47 pm

poprox wrote:
Still a good point you made. If nothing else, the standard level of computer proficiency test should be used to screen for any potential new-hires at law firms (staff, attorneys, etc). You'd be SHOCKED at how poorly some ppl at large firms understand basic computer functions. I'm not talking about simple mistakes like saying "let me get your email" when that's nonsense and they mean to ask for someone's email address (you wouldn't ever ask "hey, what's your street?" right?). No, I'm talking about ppl not knowing how to create a slide in powerpoint or open "my computer" in windows. Blows me away every day.

But lol, you cannot send someone a universal serial bus, that was pretty funny :lol:


I completely understand what you are saying. I actually taught a course (as it happens it was at WUSTL) on computer proficiency in the computer science department. The course was targeted at high school kids during the summer to get their sills up to snuff for college.

Example of lack of proficiency:
Me: "Now everyone, let's open up Internet Explorer."
Class: "Umm, what?"
Me: "The web browser."
Class: "The what? browse what?"
Me: "Ok, you know how you use AOL at home? This is just like that, except it's a blue 'e'. It lets you access the internet just like AOL does."
Class: "Ohhhhh. So where's AOL? I don't see it on the screen."
Me: "You mean on your desktop... never-mind. Just click that 'e' and it'll make sense."

Really I could go on for days with stories from teaching that class. I guess those kids would have graduated from college by now. How time flies.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby sibley » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:49 pm

fl0w wrote:
poprox wrote:
Still a good point you made. If nothing else, the standard level of computer proficiency test should be used to screen for any potential new-hires at law firms (staff, attorneys, etc). You'd be SHOCKED at how poorly some ppl at large firms understand basic computer functions. I'm not talking about simple mistakes like saying "let me get your email" when that's nonsense and they mean to ask for someone's email address (you wouldn't ever ask "hey, what's your street?" right?). No, I'm talking about ppl not knowing how to create a slide in powerpoint or open "my computer" in windows. Blows me away every day.

But lol, you cannot send someone a universal serial bus, that was pretty funny :lol:


I completely understand what you are saying. I actually taught a course (as it happens it was at WUSTL) on computer proficiency in the computer science department. The course was targeted at high school kids during the summer to get their sills up to snuff for college.

Example of lack of proficiency:
Me: "Now everyone, let's open up Internet Explorer."
Class: "Umm, what?"
Me: "The web browser."
Class: "The what? browse what?"
Me: "Ok, you know how you use AOL at home? This is just like that, except it's a blue 'e'. It lets you access the internet just like AOL does."
Class: "Ohhhhh. So where's AOL? I don't see it on the screen."
Me: "You mean on your desktop... never-mind. Just click that 'e' and it'll make sense."

Really I could go on for days with stories from teaching that class. I guess those kids would have graduated from college by now. How time flies.



I'm irked that a girl working with me makes more money than I do just because she has SLIGHTLY more experience. She also has a 2 year degree. In what? "Office skills." I asked for details... that means using excel and learning how to type. She could have learned that in 4th grade like I did and skipped the program.

shadow.
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:13 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby shadow. » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:40 pm

.
Last edited by shadow. on Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rugby15
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:42 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Rugby15 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:40 pm

Also just got the email! I was a 2/3er.

User avatar
Sauer Grapes
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:02 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Sauer Grapes » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:41 pm

....
Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
UF Gators
Posts: 207
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:57 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby UF Gators » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:42 pm

Nightrunner wrote:in by email, like 2 seconds ago

Congrats!

User avatar
Reedie
Posts: 414
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:46 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Reedie » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:45 pm

Just in at wustl via e-mail.

User avatar
ndirish2010
Posts: 2950
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby ndirish2010 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:46 pm

Congrats to the new admits!

Do you think this means those of us who were updated to 2/10 will get decisions at this time next week?

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby finalaspects » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:47 pm

ndirish2010 wrote:Congrats to the new admits!

Do you think this means those of us who were updated to 2/10 will get decisions at this time next week?


when did you apply? and how many updates have you had?

User avatar
cardinalandgold
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby cardinalandgold » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:49 pm

In via email! Another 2/3'er here. SIL mention as well, woot! I also got the USB in the mail today.

User avatar
Chairman
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:00 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Chairman » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:50 pm

Reedie wrote:Just in at wustl via e-mail.


me too

User avatar
hiromoto45
Posts: 881
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:05 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby hiromoto45 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:51 pm

2/3 here but only second update...guess I've got to wait?

User avatar
84Sunbird2000
Posts: 756
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:39 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby 84Sunbird2000 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:53 pm

So nothing for the 2/5 people (like myself)?

lawduder
Posts: 483
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:56 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby lawduder » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:54 pm

In via email; complete on 1/6, 1/29, and 2/3.

jman77
Posts: 510
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:33 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby jman77 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:54 pm

Hey guys, first time poster here. Just got the admit e-mail a couple of minutes ago... SIL mentioned in the e-mail. How long does it typically take to find out just how much money they will be offering?

Applied 1/29, complete 2/3, 2/9 and 2/12.

lawduder
Posts: 483
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:56 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby lawduder » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:57 pm

This scholar's in law mention, doesn't everyone get this?

User avatar
najumobi
Posts: 1111
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:36 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby najumobi » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:03 pm

lawduder wrote:This scholar's in law mention, doesn't everyone get this?

i think someone mentioned earlier that that the scholar in law stuff wasn't mentioned in his email.

User avatar
najumobi
Posts: 1111
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:36 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby najumobi » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:04 pm

jman77 wrote:Hey guys, first time poster here. Just got the admit e-mail a couple of minutes ago... SIL mentioned in the e-mail. How long does it typically take to find out just how much money they will be offering?

Applied 1/29, complete 2/3, 2/9 and 2/12.
scholarship info comes for everyone (including people accepted in november like me) in late feb/early march....i'm so exhausted from waiting.

342848386278
Posts: 131
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:59 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby 342848386278 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:09 pm

+1 In via email sent 1/08, complete 2/03

User avatar
camstant
Posts: 193
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:59 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby camstant » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:10 pm

Anyone else accepted in November not receive the USB mailing still?

User avatar
Encyclopedia Brown
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:25 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:11 pm

I got an e-mail about my auto insurance right in the middle of all these admissions. Why torture me, Progressive?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”