For WUSTL Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Encyclopedia Brown

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:07 pm

mrm2083 wrote:Encyclopedia Brown: I see your in florida? Hopefully we'll be getting something in the next few days.

Yep, I'm in FL. No law-related mail for me today, I just checked.

bakiewakies

Postby bakiewakies » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:36 pm

So my little package finally came in the mail today, and there was no USB inside! :(
Only a letter reiterating my acceptance and a little slip talking about the USB. How sad.

Sauer Grapes

Postby Sauer Grapes » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:37 pm

Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bakiewakies

Postby bakiewakies » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:39 pm

Sauer Grapes wrote:
bakiewakies wrote:So my little package finally came in the mail today, and there was no USB inside! :(
Only a letter reiterating my acceptance and a little slip talking about the USB. How sad.

When did you get your acceptance?

I got the acceptance email February 4th. So it took a while. And it wasn't even in there!

missvik218

Postby missvik218 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:40 pm

bakiewakies wrote:
Sauer Grapes wrote:
bakiewakies wrote:So my little package finally came in the mail today, and there was no USB inside! :(

I got the acceptance email February 4th. So it took a while. And it wasn't even in there!

Haha, call them I'm sure it's a mistake.

sibley

Postby sibley » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:49 pm

bakiewakies wrote:
Sauer Grapes wrote:

this is a huge tragedy. if that happened to me I'd be very upset and drown my sorrows in b&j

Zinn Man

Postby Zinn Man » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:59 pm

What is USB? I'm sorry. I am horrible with all these abbreviations. Also, I got a second application complete on 2/4. Any good news with this?? I'm in California. So, if by snail mail, I probably got a wait!!

Sauer Grapes

Postby Sauer Grapes » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:01 pm

Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fl0w

Postby fl0w » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:03 pm

Sauer Grapes wrote:
Zinn Man wrote:What is USB? I'm sorry. I am horrible with all these abbreviations. Also, I got a second application complete on 2/4. Any good news with this?? I'm in California. So, if by snail mail, I probably got a wait!!

I think it stands for universal serial bus, but I could be mistaken.

link: USB

I feel like there should be a standard proficiency test for computing that is required to graduate high school / undergrad.

sibley

Postby sibley » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:04 pm

Sauer Grapes wrote:
Zinn Man wrote:What is USB? I'm sorry. I am horrible with all these abbreviations. Also, I got a second application complete on 2/4. Any good news with this?? I'm in California. So, if by snail mail, I probably got a wait!!

I think it stands for universal serial bus, but I could be mistaken.

Lol... I think that's right. And Zinn you silly goose that's not one of the many TLS code-words. It's a flash drive!

(fl0w I'm pretty sure he just thought we were making up acronyms again)

Zinn Man

Postby Zinn Man » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:04 pm

Oh!! A literal USB!!! I didn't know they sent those out. Cool. I feel dumb.

Sauer Grapes

Postby Sauer Grapes » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:06 pm

Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zinn Man

Postby Zinn Man » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:06 pm

Thank you sibley for understanding how one can get confused with all these TLS abbreviations in every other message!

fl0w

Postby fl0w » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:07 pm

Zinn Man wrote:Oh!! A literal USB!!! I didn't know they sent those out. Cool. I feel dumb.

Well LITERALLY what they are sending is a USB Mass Storage Device

sibley

Postby sibley » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:08 pm

fl0w wrote:
Zinn Man wrote:Oh!! A literal USB!!! I didn't know they sent those out. Cool. I feel dumb.

what's the matter, fl0w? Wake up on the wrong side of the adcomm decisions today?

Zinn Man

Postby Zinn Man » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:08 pm

Well, I have just represented myself horribly. I have earned my rejection letter from WUSTL. :cry:

sibley

Postby sibley » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:10 pm

Zinn Man wrote:Well, I have just represented myself horribly. I have earned my rejection letter from WUSTL. :cry:

I think it was a reasonable assumption. The only thing that anyone could possibly penalize you for is not reading back a few pages to make sure you got a thorough understanding before posting.

Snoopy1216

Postby Snoopy1216 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:10 pm

Hahaha, that was hysterical! I never know what half of the acronyms mean. And don't even get me started on when ppl started to make uo "school specific ones" (ex. JR1/2, VCE, what a mess)...

fl0w

Postby fl0w » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:15 pm

sibley wrote:
fl0w wrote:

what's the matter, fl0w? Wake up on the wrong side of the adcomm decisions today?

i've yet to hear anything from WUSTL (as in i went complete 12/21 and have not gotten ANY update since then), so i guess they aren't why i'm so disgruntled (edit: although they may be contributing).

Long story short I worked a 19 hour day yesterday.

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:18 pm

fl0w wrote:
sibley wrote:
fl0w wrote:

i've yet to hear anything from WUSTL (as in i went complete 12/21 and have not gotten ANY update since then), so i guess they aren't why i'm so disgruntled (edit: although they may be contributing).

Could be because you're a URM... I've heard that URM decisions can tend to come out late. Hopefully that won't be the case for you

19 hours? Ouch.

luckyjd

Postby luckyjd » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:25 pm

haha maybe your mailman stole it :shock:
i'm a 2/2 acceptance and haven't gotten anything in the mail. hum dee dum.

poprox

Postby poprox » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:35 pm

fl0w wrote:
sibley wrote:
fl0w wrote:

Still a good point you made. If nothing else, the standard level of computer proficiency test should be used to screen for any potential new-hires at law firms (staff, attorneys, etc). You'd be SHOCKED at how poorly some ppl at large firms understand basic computer functions. I'm not talking about simple mistakes like saying "let me get your email" when that's nonsense and they mean to ask for someone's email address (you wouldn't ever ask "hey, what's your street?" right?). No, I'm talking about ppl not knowing how to create a slide in powerpoint or open "my computer" in windows. Blows me away every day.

But lol, you cannot send someone a universal serial bus, that was pretty funny :lol:

GoogleScholar

Postby GoogleScholar » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:35 pm

Declined my offer of admission. Good luck all!

fl0w

Postby fl0w » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:40 pm

stratocophic wrote:Could be because you're a URM... I've heard that URM decisions can tend to come out late. Hopefully that won't be the case for you

19 hours? Ouch.

Right. I agree, for the most part, with the theory that URM applications get tossed into a pile and don't get looked at until later (unless they were SUPER early in the cycle - like sept-oct). It would certainly explain a lot of things.

And I think the worst part of the 19 hour day was that it started at 3am. But I guess there's not a lot of options as to when you start your 19 hour day, since it has to start at 5am at the latest to actually all happen within the same day.

While i completely understand that law school is the real deal and I'm going to work my butt off, frankly it's going to be like a vacation.

Snoopy1216

Postby Snoopy1216 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:40 pm

GoogleScholar wrote:Declined my offer of admission. Good luck all!

wait whaaat?? i thought they dont give those things out till April? Were you ED or something?? Do they even have ED?

Okay, lemme recoup....

Def. sorry to hear that. When did you go complete if you dont mind?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”