For WUSTL Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
najumobi

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby najumobi » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:30 pm

pappyjohnson wrote:I am complete since 9/15/2009. No movement since I received the email about status check availability. Is there anyone out there in even remotely the same boat, or am I right to feel like I'm in a strange situation here?

not to say you've been or will be rejected or waitlisted (it may be that they haven't decided on your app yet) ,but some people who submitted their apps just as early as you are bound to receive their decisions after april 1st since wustl seems to only send out admit decisions before april. just trying to say that there are probably lots of people who have approx. the same app date yet have not heard back yet.

fwilliamgreen

Postby fwilliamgreen » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:03 pm

stratocophic wrote:
sibley wrote:
stratocophic wrote:IN!!! 1/27 1/29 2/3 updates, I got the USB packet today, and I never received an accepted email. Pretty sure the package came Friday or Saturday and our worthless campus post office didn't process it on the day it came, since there's no mail running today. Don't lose hope if you haven't gotten an acceptance email fellow 2/3 updaters!

How about you make sure that doesn't have my name on it? Got the accepted email but still waiting for my flash drive...

Very strange... must be a result of snowpocalypse in your case. Maybe call and ask if it's been sent? WUSTL's admissions officers are extremely nice.

Snowpocalypse doesn't explain why I never got the email, and I'm pretty sure the last two solid weeks of worrying have cost me a year off of my life. Oh well, first decision FTW!

Did you go decision rendered on the 3rd or simply go complete a third time. I went complete 3 times around those dates, the last being the third, but have not gone decision rendered.

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:08 pm

fwilliamgreen wrote:
stratocophic wrote:
sibley wrote:
stratocophic wrote:IN!!! 1/27 1/29 2/3 updates, I got the USB packet today, and I never received an accepted email. Pretty sure the package came Friday or Saturday and our worthless campus post office didn't process it on the day it came, since there's no mail running today. Don't lose hope if you haven't gotten an acceptance email fellow 2/3 updaters!

How about you make sure that doesn't have my name on it? Got the accepted email but still waiting for my flash drive...

Very strange... must be a result of snowpocalypse in your case. Maybe call and ask if it's been sent? WUSTL's admissions officers are extremely nice.

Snowpocalypse doesn't explain why I never got the email, and I'm pretty sure the last two solid weeks of worrying have cost me a year off of my life. Oh well, first decision FTW!

Did you go decision rendered on the 3rd or simply go complete a third time. I went complete 3 times around those dates, the last being the third, but have not gone decision rendered.

Complete a 3rd time on the 3rd, there's no DR status for WUSTL. That's why I've been one cheeseburger short of a stress-induced heart attack for the last 2 weeks, I've been waiting for the email nonstop after all of the TLSers with 2/1 and 2/2 updates were admitted the day of or after going complete. If the numbers on your profile aren't fudged, you may have a package coming in the mail very soon as well :wink:

sandiecohen47

Postby sandiecohen47 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:11 pm

webbylu87 wrote:
sandiecohen47 wrote:
sibley wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:Am I the only god dammed person without a status update?? Still complete at 1/5...not a peep since I went complete

looks like it! =D

Um, try no status update since 12/16. I think I win.

No, I win. Complete since 12/10 and I was told I probably won't hear until mid to late March. Below median LSAT and no GPA, FTW.

Man, I'm sorry (Pappy, too). Did you get the mid-to-late March estimate by calling them? Through an e-mail?

Yellowcard

Postby Yellowcard » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:45 am

I went complete for the second time on 2/4. Has anyone else that has gone complete on this date had success? I'm just trying to figure out if this is a good sign or a bad sign.

DoctorNick189

Postby DoctorNick189 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:52 am

Anyone else fill out the fin. aid form on the WUSTL website?

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:33 am

DoctorNick189 wrote:Anyone else fill out the fin. aid form on the WUSTL website?

I did and sent it in as a PDF. Never got a response, so I'll probably have to make sure they got it at some point.

bakiewakies

Postby bakiewakies » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:48 am

Yellowcard wrote:I went complete for the second time on 2/4. Has anyone else that has gone complete on this date had success? I'm just trying to figure out if this is a good sign or a bad sign.

I went complete a third time on 2/4 and got the email that day. So I don't know about only having gone complete a second time.

utcris410

Postby utcris410 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:21 pm

Yellowcard wrote:I went complete for the second time on 2/4. Has anyone else that has gone complete on this date had success? I'm just trying to figure out if this is a good sign or a bad sign.

I haven't heard anything...went complete for the second time 2/4.

JayCole

Postby JayCole » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:44 pm

So..I've been off this for a bit. Have any of the 2/3 complete update people heard any decisions?

cardinalandgold

Postby cardinalandgold » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:45 pm

JayCole wrote:So..I've been off this for a bit. Have any of the 2/3 complete update people heard any decisions?

I haven't heard anything :(

missvik218

Postby missvik218 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:07 pm

DoctorNick189 wrote:Anyone else fill out the fin. aid form on the WUSTL website?

Yep!

cardinalandgold wrote:
JayCole wrote:So..I've been off this for a bit. Have any of the 2/3 complete update people heard any decisions?

I'll trade you for your Vandy acceptance! :wink:

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:10 pm

cardinalandgold wrote:

You guys must have missed it, I got in yesterday via the USB packet. Check the past page or two for info. Yours may be in transit :wink:

Edit: Page 78. 2/3 updaters, there is hope!
Last edited by stratocophic on Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kentee15

Postby kentee15 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:10 pm

what do you guys think of the school, do the rumors about it's lack of portability scare you at all?

missvik218

Postby missvik218 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:12 pm

kentee15 wrote:what do you guys think of the school, do the rumors about it's lack of portability scare you at all?

Very much.

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:13 pm

kentee15 wrote:what do you guys think of the school, do the rumors about it's lack of portability scare you at all?

TLS anti-non-T14 hype. Less than 1/3 stay in St. Louis. If WUSTL truly wasn't portable, that number would be higher. It's not going to give you the same options as Duke, Michigan, or maybe even Vandy/Texas, but it's probably not as bad as you've heard here.

cardinalandgold

Postby cardinalandgold » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:28 pm

stratocophic wrote:
cardinalandgold wrote:

You guys must have missed it, I got in yesterday via the USB packet. Check the past page or two for info. Yours may be in transit :wink:

Huh, that's crazy! Hopefully the rest of us 2/3'ers will get something in the mail soon.

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:32 pm

cardinalandgold wrote:
stratocophic wrote:
cardinalandgold wrote:

Huh, that's crazy! Hopefully the rest of us 2/3'ers will get something in the mail soon.

I have a feeling you will. As I said, I was informed that me not receiving the email is simply a problem with their system when I called. Rough 2 weeks, but it did make getting it even more exciting since it I didn't think it would or even could come without the email. I think the packet was here Saturday, and I'm only about 5 hours from St. Louis. If you're further away, it may be sometime over the next few days.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:35 pm

missvik218 wrote:

Very much.

transfer. i know its not something you can rely on, but you can work your ass off and transfer.

narkizopoint

Postby narkizopoint » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:37 pm

finalaspects wrote:
missvik218 wrote:

Very much.

transfer. i know its not something you can rely on, but you can work your ass off and transfer.

hehe, isn't that the attitude that makes stl firms fear wustl graduates...?

cardinalandgold

Postby cardinalandgold » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:42 pm

stratocophic wrote:
cardinalandgold wrote:
stratocophic wrote:You guys must have missed it, I got in yesterday via the USB packet. Check the past page or two for info. Yours may be in transit :wink:

I have a feeling you will. As I said, I was informed that me not receiving the email is simply a problem with their system when I called. Rough 2 weeks, but it did make getting it even more exciting since it I didn't think it would or even could come without the email. I think the packet was here Saturday, and I'm only about 5 hours from St. Louis. If you're further away, it may be sometime over the next few days.

That's good to know. I hope that's the case for me. I'm out in California so hopefully in a couple days I'll find a surprise in the mailbox.

daagermy1

Postby daagermy1 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:44 pm

cardinalandgold wrote:
stratocophic wrote:
cardinalandgold wrote:
stratocophic wrote:You guys must have missed it, I got in yesterday via the USB packet. Check the past page or two for info. Yours may be in transit :wink:

That's good to know. I hope that's the case for me. I'm out in California so hopefully in a couple days I'll find a surprise in the mailbox.

+1 fellow 2/3er hoping for the highly hyped USB in my mailbox this week!

Encyclopedia Brown

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:55 pm

daagermy1 wrote:+1 fellow 2/3er hoping for the highly hyped USB in my mailbox this week!

+314 (St. Louis area code). Way to get everybody's hopes up, strat.

But seriously, congratulations!

mrm2083

Postby mrm2083 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:59 pm

Encyclopedia Brown: I see your in florida? Hopefully we'll be getting something in the next few days.

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:04 pm

Encyclopedia Brown wrote:
daagermy1 wrote:+1 fellow 2/3er hoping for the highly hyped USB in my mailbox this week!

+314 (St. Louis area code). Way to get everybody's hopes up, strat.

But seriously, congratulations!

Much thanks. I'm still convinced I got it first because of my proximity... glad to be the bearer of good tidings to come though! Time to start obsessing over the mailbox rather than your email, guys :D

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”