For WUSTL Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
nyyankees

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby nyyankees » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:53 pm

what schools offers do we think will give us leverage to negotiate with wustl?

turkishangora

Postby turkishangora » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:56 pm

nyyankees wrote:what schools offers do we think will give us leverage to negotiate with wustl?

Vanderbilt and UCLA? maybe Emory? pure conjecture here.

Also, what's so cool about this USB?

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:09 pm

turkishangora wrote:
nyyankees wrote:what schools offers do we think will give us leverage to negotiate with wustl?

it's a usb. AND it says washu on it. eeeeeepppp!!

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:15 pm

turkishangora wrote:

I just want something to tide me over until I get more decisions/hear about $$$!

daagermy1

Postby daagermy1 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:23 pm

Another 2/3er here. Nothing so far. Chalking it up (probably in vein) to the DC snowpocalypse.

turkishangora

Postby turkishangora » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:23 pm

Is the travel stipend mentioned int eh acceptance email or a separate follow-up?

hiromoto45

Postby hiromoto45 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:24 pm

daagermy1 wrote:Another 2/3er here. Nothing so far. Chalking it up (probably in vein) to the DC snowpocalypse.

:?:

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:24 pm

daagermy1 wrote:Another 2/3er here. Nothing so far. Chalking it up (probably in vein) to the DC snowpocalypse.

teehee vein!

daagermy1

Postby daagermy1 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:27 pm

hiromoto45 wrote:

Blah! "in vain" of course. Please don't judge too harshly, all you WUSTL admin officers...

Translation: hoping a letter and USB are being held up by the snow, but doesn't sound like that's the case so far.

hiromoto45

Postby hiromoto45 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:29 pm

daagermy1 wrote:
hiromoto45 wrote:

Blah! "in vain" of course. Please don't judge too harshly, all you WUSTL admin officers...

Translation: hoping a letter and USB are being held up by the snow, but doesn't sound like that's the case so far.

Notified by email first...unless they changed their process for this week.

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:30 pm

hiromoto45 wrote:
daagermy1 wrote:
hiromoto45 wrote:

Notified by email first...unless they changed their process for this week.

yep+1

forty-two

Postby forty-two » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:34 pm

turkishangora wrote:Is the travel stipend mentioned int eh acceptance email or a separate follow-up?

Follow-up email...not everyone gets it though, and it seems kind of random. Some people who got the scholarship consideration mention didn't and some who didn't get that mention got the stipend. It also doesn't seem to be correlated to distance from the school.

I'm still kind of bummed about not getting a stipend (I know I know, some people have real problems...at least I got in). I'd love to visit, but it's hard to justify at full cost because it's so far away from where I live and from all the other schools I'm traveling to. I imagine I'd be able to justify it with a scholarship though.

turkishangora

Postby turkishangora » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:39 pm

forty-two wrote:
turkishangora wrote:Is the travel stipend mentioned int eh acceptance email or a separate follow-up?

Follow-up email...not everyone gets it though, and it seems kind of random. Some people who got the scholarship consideration mention didn't and some who didn't get that mention got the stipend. It also doesn't seem to be correlated to distance from the school.

I'm still kind of bummed about not getting a stipend (I know I know, some people have real problems...at least I got in). I'd love to visit, but it's hard to justify at full cost because it's so far away from where I live and from all the other schools I'm traveling to. I imagine I'd be able to justify it with a scholarship though.

Yeah I know the full price of a visit is kind of steep, esp. as it's out of the way from all the other schools. Maybe it's in the mail packet?

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:44 pm

turkishangora wrote:
forty-two wrote:

Yeah I know the full price of a visit is kind of steep, esp. as it's out of the way from all the other schools. Maybe it's in the mail packet?

it's be even stranger than it already seems if they emailed it to some kids and mailed it to others.

mine was inthe admitted students bulletin board email:
Finally, based on your outstanding academic credentials, I am pleased to be able to offer you a travel stipend to use toward visiting the law school. When you visit the school between now and April 1, 2010, we will reimburse your expenses for transportation and/or lodging, up to $200, if you are traveling from more than 100 miles to St. Louis. (When you make your visit you will be given a form to complete to submit with your receipts.) As always, if we may provide any assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact our office. We look forward to helping you learn more about Washington U Law!

BlankC

Postby BlankC » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:44 pm

finalaspects wrote:
BlankC wrote:Application Sent: Feb 1, 2010.

radio silence until Feb 8, 2010.

ACCEPTANCE! :shock:

First decision of my cycle, woooooo! I'm so freakin happy.

P.S. I guess wustl doesn't believe in Application Received/Completed/Under Review emails?

Edit: In case people are wondering, I did write a Why WUSTL in the four lines offered on the application body. Maybe that makes a difference.

did you ever see your complete date change? or did you not check at all?

Like I said in first post, I didn't receive any emails until the acceptance. I never had a status checker, notification of receipt, or notification of completion.

I think I might call to see if something went wrong. The last thing I want to do is ask where I should send my seat deposit and have WUSTL tell me she has no idea what I'm talking about. :|
Last edited by BlankC on Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

forty-two

Postby forty-two » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:51 pm

turkishangora wrote:
forty-two wrote:

Nope, I just got the awesome USB (it really is cool) and a note congratulating me on my acceptance again. I know it's not that much money in the grand scheme of things, but it would be nice. I might ask about it when scholarship info comes out though. Sigh.

hiromoto45

Postby hiromoto45 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:59 pm

Any status checker updates today?

ruleser

Postby ruleser » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:01 pm

hiromoto45 wrote:Any status checker updates today?

Is there an official name for thread bumps that are not actually bumps but bumps asking if there is any reason someone might bump soon?

fl0w

Postby fl0w » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:04 pm

ruleser wrote:

Is there an official name for thread bumps that are not actually bumps but bumps asking if there is any reason someone might bump soon?

pseudo-bump
bump-check
pre-bump

i like pseudo-bump

sibley

Postby sibley » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:05 pm

fl0w wrote:
ruleser wrote:

pseudo-bump
bump-check
pre-bump

i like pseudo-bump

lol.
I actually went to check my status checker for you, hiromoto, but then I realized I already was admitted and wouldn't be any help at all to you.

hiromoto45

Postby hiromoto45 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:10 pm

sibley wrote:
fl0w wrote:
ruleser wrote:

pseudo-bump
bump-check
pre-bump

i like pseudo-bump

lol.
I actually went to check my status checker for you, hiromoto, but then I realized I already was admitted and wouldn't be any help at all to you.

Haha...ok.

cheesus

Postby cheesus » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:13 pm

Just emailed admissions about a visiting, and also checked in regarding the Scholars in Law.

They said "Scholar In Law recipients should be notified of their awards within the next 2 weeks."

sibley

Postby sibley » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:14 pm

cheesus wrote:Just emailed admissions about a visiting, and also checked in regarding the Scholars in Law.

They said "Scholar In Law recipients should be notified of their awards within the next 2 weeks."

yay =)

llfurby

Postby llfurby » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:19 pm

Does anyone know how long it takes to get info/ be able to get into the admitted students website?
My status checker was not working, and then I received an email saying I had been admitted. Now, through the WUSTL website(rather than the email), my status checker is working but shows no updates and I can't access the admitted students website.

jks289

Postby jks289 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:23 pm

llfurby wrote:Does anyone know how long it takes to get info/ be able to get into the admitted students website?
My status checker was not working, and then I received an email saying I had been admitted. Now, through the WUSTL website(rather than the email), my status checker is working but shows no updates and I can't access the admitted students website.

They send an email with the password and login.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”