For WUSTL Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
BlankC

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby BlankC » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:52 pm

Application Sent: Feb 1, 2010.

radio silence until Feb 8, 2010.

ACCEPTANCE! :shock:

First decision of my cycle, woooooo! I'm so freakin happy.

P.S. I guess wustl doesn't believe in Application Received/Completed/Under Review emails?

Edit: In case people are wondering, I did write a Why WUSTL in the four lines offered on the application body. Maybe that makes a difference.
Last edited by BlankC on Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cardinalandgold

Postby cardinalandgold » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:54 pm

BlankC wrote:Application Sent: Feb 1, 2010.

P.S. I guess wustl doesn't believe in Application Received/Completed/Under Review emails?

Wow, that was a super fast turnaround for you.

D Brooks

Postby D Brooks » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:54 pm

Anyone look through the faculty guide on the USB? Most of the faculty have pretty impressive pedigrees.

84Sunbird2000

Postby 84Sunbird2000 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:54 pm

No, WUSTL believes in Chaos! Some people have 2 completes, others 3 completes, now NO COMPLETES, and there is no rhyme or reason discernible as of yet.

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:00 pm

kwhitegocubs wrote:

No, WUSTL believes in Chaos! Some people have 2 completes, others 3 completes, now NO COMPLETES, and there is no rhyme or reason discernible as of yet.

Seriously. They update mass amounts of people on three different days in February, then let in a few people from two of those days. All the while, they're ignoring people complete in December and even November... and admitting at least one person who applied a week ago. Absolutely nuts. I give up. Maybe Emory/Vandy/UIUC will be feeling more charitable this week.

Congrats on the in!

MBZags

Postby MBZags » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:26 pm

Rawlsian wrote:Can someone give me a link to WUSTL's 2009-10 view book, that is, if it exists.

It does come on the flash drive, but I can e-mail it to you if you want.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's the 2008-09 viewbook.

JayCole

Postby JayCole » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:31 pm

Really? Dang.

JayCole

Postby JayCole » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:32 pm

D Brooks wrote:Anyone look through the faculty guide on the USB? Most of the faculty have pretty impressive pedigrees.

You make them sound like dogs.

clwilson6

Postby clwilson6 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:46 pm

WTF!!!! They couldn't have even bothered to review your package before stamping accept on it.

D Brooks

Postby D Brooks » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:47 pm

JayCole wrote:
D Brooks wrote:Anyone look through the faculty guide on the USB? Most of the faculty have pretty impressive pedigrees.

You make them sound like dogs.

:roll: Because that's the definition of pedigree that I'm referring to in a forum about law school admissions. Grab a dictionary.

BlankC

Postby BlankC » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:24 pm

clwilson6 wrote:

WTF!!!! They couldn't have even bothered to review your package before stamping accept on it.

Do they have a status checker, because I never got one? I just assumed they didn't send any notifications until they made a decision, since that's what happened for me. I was pretty mad until now because I thought they just lol'd off my application and weren't bothering to acknowledge its receipt.

I also have no advisory in the email I got about by when I need to give a seat deposit or officially withdraw. Will I get one later?

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:33 pm

BlankC wrote:
clwilson6 wrote:

Do they have a status checker, because I never got one? I just assumed they didn't send any notifications until they made a decision, since that's what happened for me. I was pretty mad until now because I thought they just lol'd off my application and weren't bothering to acknowledge its receipt.

I also have no advisory in the email I got about by when I need to give a seat deposit or officially withdraw. Will I get one later?

wow how did you get notified? email? also do you mind sharing your GPA? great lsat btw and congrats!

nyyankees

Postby nyyankees » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:35 pm

BlankC wrote:
clwilson6 wrote:

Thats pretty great for you, though there are a lot of people in this thread that will be less than ecstatic to hear that. Im assuming you were just an auto-admit the entire way so it was a bit of a no-brainer.

Youll get the info in the next week or two in a letter from them with a USB

sibley

Postby sibley » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:51 pm

Still waiting for my acceptance package =(

BlankC

Postby BlankC » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:52 pm

nyyankees wrote:Thats pretty great for you, though there are a lot of people in this thread that will be less than ecstatic to hear that. Im assuming you were just an auto-admit the entire way so it was a bit of a no-brainer.

Thanks, I was a bit worried they just sent the email by mistake (still am, TBH). My GPA is rather poor, so I would never consider myself an auto-admit anywhere. Guess I'll know in a week or two if it's for real.

I think they must just be applying review techniques from the Random As F-Word school of admissions reviewing because I have almost no softs either. I can't think of any reason for them to do that.

84Sunbird2000

Postby 84Sunbird2000 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:45 pm

BlankC wrote:
nyyankees wrote:Thats pretty great for you, though there are a lot of people in this thread that will be less than ecstatic to hear that. Im assuming you were just an auto-admit the entire way so it was a bit of a no-brainer.

Thanks, I was a bit worried they just sent the email by mistake (still am, TBH). My GPA is rather poor, so I would never consider myself an auto-admit anywhere. Guess I'll know in a week or two if it's for real.

I think they must just be applying review techniques from the Random As F-Word school of admissions reviewing because I have almost no softs either. I can't think of any reason for them to do that.

Nah, if you have over a 167 LSAT, they will bend over backwards regardless of GPA. Seriously, they seem to be accepting 167/3.0 before they are accepting 166/3.6. But, once you get to a 169-170, I'd guess you might have to have a 2.3 or something to scare them off. NUMBERS GAMES!

I still really like the school...despite my complaints. It's just the three separate complete dates I've gotten (status checker) that have me on pins and needles.

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:37 pm

this year: 167+----> wustl acceptance

I thought there was more to law school admissions....

Eruannon

Postby Eruannon » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:40 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:this year: 167+----> wustl acceptance

169 still waiting here... :|

Chupavida

Postby Chupavida » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:47 pm

Last edited by Chupavida on Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

killuminati

Postby killuminati » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:24 am

got my package today with the fancy little usb. Very nice/sleek, thanks WUSTL but where is the money? Please?

najumobi

Postby najumobi » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:30 am

Got the WUSTL usb key in the mail today. however it wasn't incredibly informing for me since i had viewed and read many of the items on the key previously through their website. it's a good looking key though :).

floppymex

Postby floppymex » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:21 am

chicoalto0649 wrote:this year: 167+----> wustl acceptance

170+, 2/3. It's 10pm, do you know where your WUSTL decision is?

jockinjay-z

Postby jockinjay-z » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:24 am

Anybody here gonna apply for the transnational program or know how too for that matter??

taw856

Postby taw856 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:12 am

floppymex wrote:170+, 2/3. It's 10pm, do you know where your WUSTL decision is?

New complete dates? In my Status Checker? It's more likely than you think...

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:18 am

jockinjay-z wrote:Anybody here gonna apply for the transnational program or know how too for that matter??

The Transational Program is one of the things that draws me to Wash U. From everything I've seen, it looks like you apply in your first year.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”