For WUSTL Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
D. H2Oman
Posts: 7469
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:47 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby D. H2Oman » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:59 pm

I was thinking about driving from New England, if I ever get in.

User avatar
nyyankees
Posts: 484
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:50 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby nyyankees » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:01 pm

do you guys love driving that much? are you driving it all alone?

I dont want to drive the 4 hours to DC, i wouldnt even think about the trips some of you are looking at

User avatar
D. H2Oman
Posts: 7469
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:47 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby D. H2Oman » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:03 pm

nyyankees wrote:do you guys love driving that much? are you driving it all alone?

I dont want to drive the 4 hours to DC, i wouldnt even think about the trips some of you are looking at



I haven't done a long road trip in awhile and it kind of sounds like fun, but maybe it's just one of those things that looks better on paper....

User avatar
ec2xs
Posts: 346
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:05 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby ec2xs » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:04 pm

najumobi wrote:
ec2xs wrote:I just registered for the admitted students day. Long drive from Texas. Someone better have a drink with me when I get there.
omg...you're driving? why?

i thought about driving for the outerbanks of nc but i found out that it was a 15-hour drive. i think the max i could do in a day is probably 12.

I have family in Tulsa, so I can make it a two part trip. Only a 6.5 hour drive from Tulsa. I think I max out at about 10 hours in one day.

User avatar
nyyankees
Posts: 484
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:50 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby nyyankees » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:04 pm

Dwaterman86 wrote:
nyyankees wrote:do you guys love driving that much? are you driving it all alone?

I dont want to drive the 4 hours to DC, i wouldnt even think about the trips some of you are looking at



I haven't done a long road trip in awhile and it kind of sounds like fun, but maybe it's just one of those things that looks better on paper....


you wouldnt go nuts in a car by yourself for 15+ hours?

User avatar
D. H2Oman
Posts: 7469
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:47 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby D. H2Oman » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:07 pm

nyyankees wrote:
Dwaterman86 wrote:
nyyankees wrote:do you guys love driving that much? are you driving it all alone?

I dont want to drive the 4 hours to DC, i wouldnt even think about the trips some of you are looking at



I haven't done a long road trip in awhile and it kind of sounds like fun, but maybe it's just one of those things that looks better on paper....


you wouldnt go nuts in a car by yourself for 15+ hours?


Yeah.....the driving idea is starting to seem deeply flawed.

User avatar
nyyankees
Posts: 484
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:50 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby nyyankees » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:13 pm

Dwaterman86 wrote:
nyyankees wrote:
Dwaterman86 wrote:
nyyankees wrote:do you guys love driving that much? are you driving it all alone?

I dont want to drive the 4 hours to DC, i wouldnt even think about the trips some of you are looking at



I haven't done a long road trip in awhile and it kind of sounds like fun, but maybe it's just one of those things that looks better on paper....


you wouldnt go nuts in a car by yourself for 15+ hours?


Yeah.....the driving idea is starting to seem deeply flawed.


fwiw, im a huge fan of road trips. In college my two best friends and I drove from baltimore to texas and it was one of the best times of my life. We stopped at this pit beef place in memphis that was amazing, we almost ran out of gas in the middle of the night deep in the bayou, and we stopped at south by southwest on the way. It was awesome

but doing it alone seems a bit more lonely/boring. If you get someone to go with you though, it could be a great time

User avatar
Eruannon
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:29 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Eruannon » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:20 pm

Around what time of day it the last batch get sent out CST?

User avatar
stratocophic
Posts: 2207
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby stratocophic » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:21 pm

Eruannon wrote:Around what time of day it the last batch get sent out CST?


I think it would have gone out already. *sigh* Tomorrow, then. Or Tuesday, if they follow a pattern of doing it on certain days.

bakiewakies
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:32 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby bakiewakies » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:28 pm

My complete date just updated again to 2/4 from 1/29, which was from 1/15 or something.

What does all of this meannnnnnnnn?

User avatar
hiromoto45
Posts: 881
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:05 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby hiromoto45 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:29 pm

barrinmb wrote:
Eruannon wrote:Around what time of day it the last batch get sent out CST?


I think it would have gone out already. *sigh* Tomorrow, then. Or Tuesday, if they follow a pattern of doing it on certain days.



+1....Some of the 2/3 updates were only their second update and the majority of batch that got accepted this week had three updates, im guessing we will have to have another update before a decision.

Mattisgo
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:11 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Mattisgo » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:36 pm

IN at WUSTL!!
Just got the email 2 seconds ago, I was a 1/29 FWIW

Scholarship in Law consideration as well... first acceptance :D
Last edited by Mattisgo on Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bakiewakies
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:32 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby bakiewakies » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:36 pm

I'm IN!!!!!

Just got the e-mail two seconds ago!!!

User avatar
albusdumbledore
Posts: 1132
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:38 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby albusdumbledore » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:37 pm

I'm in tooo!!! First Acceptance!!!

User avatar
ruleser
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:41 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby ruleser » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:38 pm

bakiewakies wrote:I'm IN!!!!!

Just got the e-mail two seconds ago!!!

Congrats! What was your last update date?

User avatar
nyyankees
Posts: 484
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:50 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby nyyankees » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:38 pm

congrats to all!

cr073137
Posts: 233
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:14 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby cr073137 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:38 pm

Where is my email!!!!! C'mon!

User avatar
hiromoto45
Posts: 881
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:05 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby hiromoto45 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:40 pm

Are any of you 2/3 updates?

User avatar
albusdumbledore
Posts: 1132
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:38 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby albusdumbledore » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:41 pm

Last update was 1/29. Numbers are 167/3.85. Can't really believe it right now.

User avatar
stratocophic
Posts: 2207
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby stratocophic » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:41 pm

DAMMIT you people nearly gave me a heart attack. And gmail is still empty :x . Major congrats on the acceptances! Any of you update 2/3?

lawduder
Posts: 483
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:56 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby lawduder » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:42 pm

2/3 no emails :(

bakiewakies
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:32 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby bakiewakies » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:44 pm

ruleser wrote:
bakiewakies wrote:I'm IN!!!!!

Just got the e-mail two seconds ago!!!

Congrats! What was your last update date?


I had an update today, after one on 1/29 and 1/15(ish).
167/3.4

Oh yeah, and Scholars-in-Law mention.
I like how the person who posted immediately before me also wrote "two seconds ago" as to when they got their e-mail. :)
Last edited by bakiewakies on Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
84Sunbird2000
Posts: 756
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:39 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby 84Sunbird2000 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:44 pm

I hope it wasn't just one email batch at one exact moment of time. 1/29er here (1/29 was my second complete) *Fingers Crossed* *Just wants to know* :D

User avatar
Sauer Grapes
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:02 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Sauer Grapes » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:47 pm

....
Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
stratocophic
Posts: 2207
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby stratocophic » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:48 pm

barrinmb wrote:
Eruannon wrote:Around what time of day it the last batch get sent out CST?


I think it would have gone out already. *sigh* Tomorrow, then. Or Tuesday, if they follow a pattern of doing it on certain days.


They're screwing with me. They're on this board, they're reading my posts, and they're just screwing with me :evil: I called off the wait (for myself) literally 20 minutes ago, as shown above ^^^. What happens 20 minutes later? Flood gates open. Very funny, WUSTL.

Seriously though, congrats again. Especially you, albus, what's the first one like? :wink:




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], Ferrisjso, Google Adsense [Bot] and 6 guests