For WUSTL Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
badwithpseudonyms
Posts: 815
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:51 pm

sandiecohen47 wrote:
badwithpseudonyms wrote:
NayBoer wrote:Just got in via email. Awesome.

Congrats! It is my first decision (and admission) of the cycle. So I'm pretty happy.


Congrats to both of you! I've been "Complete" since December 2...and hoping and praying to the law school gods that I receive good news soon.


Sandie! This is the first time I've seen you on TLS. Thank you. I credit my acceptance to your good vibes.

krispykitten
Posts: 441
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:44 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby krispykitten » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:51 pm

Congrats guys!

User avatar
panadera
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:36 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby panadera » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:51 pm

Helmholtz wrote:Does anybody know when scholarship decisions are made?


Nice woman in the admissions office says they send those out around March.
Last edited by panadera on Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wired
Posts: 472
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:29 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby wired » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:52 pm

dakatz wrote:Cool, just got an acceptance email.


When you say, "Just," do you mean you had your inbox open and it came in within the past three mins or you just checked it and there was an email? </neuroticism>

arb44
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:53 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby arb44 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:52 pm

In as well!
172
3.4x
Had the same sentence about scholarships.

krispykitten
Posts: 441
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:44 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby krispykitten » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:53 pm

If you guys could mention when you went complete, I'd really appreciate it.

Complete 12/2 and no word, but congrats guys, that's freaking awesome!

wired
Posts: 472
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:29 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby wired » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:54 pm

krispykitten wrote:If you guys could mention when you went complete, I'd really appreciate it.

Complete 12/2 and no word, but congrats guys, that's freaking awesome!


+1. Congrats to everybody (especially the splitters who are banking on WUSTL schollies!)

Baylan
Posts: 356
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:26 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Baylan » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:54 pm

When, if at all, did you guys get your updated complete status? And LSAC complete days would be appreciated too!

Thanks

User avatar
TruckerD
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby TruckerD » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:54 pm

krispykitten wrote:If you guys could mention when you went complete, I'd really appreciate it.

Complete 12/2 and no word, but congrats guys, that's freaking awesome!


MrsTrucker: Complete 10/21... Good luck, hun! :D

dakatz
Posts: 2460
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby dakatz » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:54 pm

wired wrote:
dakatz wrote:Cool, just got an acceptance email.


When you say, "Just," do you mean you had your inbox open and it came in within the past three mins or you just checked it and there was an email? </neuroticism>


It arrived about 20 minutes ago. Btw, stats are 167, 3.5x URM

User avatar
sandiecohen47
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby sandiecohen47 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:55 pm

badwithpseudonyms wrote:
sandiecohen47 wrote:
badwithpseudonyms wrote:
NayBoer wrote:Just got in via email. Awesome.

Congrats! It is my first decision (and admission) of the cycle. So I'm pretty happy.


Congrats to both of you! I've been "Complete" since December 2...and hoping and praying to the law school gods that I receive good news soon.


Sandie! This is the first time I've seen you on TLS. Thank you. I credit my acceptance to your good vibes.


Haha! No way. It's due to your stellar stats and softs. I'm still waiting not too patiently.

wired
Posts: 472
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:29 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby wired » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:55 pm

dakatz wrote:
wired wrote:
dakatz wrote:Cool, just got an acceptance email.


When you say, "Just," do you mean you had your inbox open and it came in within the past three mins or you just checked it and there was an email? </neuroticism>


It arrived about 20 minutes ago. Btw, stats are 167, 3.5x URM


Thanks.

User avatar
JordynAsh
Posts: 370
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:20 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby JordynAsh » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:55 pm

arb44 wrote:In as well!
172
3.4x
Had the same sentence about scholarships.


Re-reading my email and I don't see the sentence about scholarship info. Where does it refer to $$? I think I'm going stir-crazy from finals.

User avatar
badwithpseudonyms
Posts: 815
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:56 pm

Sent/Received: 11/02
Complete: 11/23
Complete date updated to 12/9

User avatar
moonshine
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 10:35 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby moonshine » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:57 pm

just got the email - my status didn't change to complete until 12/4, but i submitted on 9/27

User avatar
jc631
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:02 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby jc631 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:57 pm

In via email :) Did everyone else's letter mention the Scholars in Law scholarships?

User avatar
NayBoer
Posts: 1013
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:24 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby NayBoer » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:57 pm

I did not get a mention for the scholar program thingy. Assume this is due to my craptastic GPA.

Email tries to sell me on living in STL. I lived there from the age of two until undergrad. Used to deliver pizzas to the dorm.

This is great news.

dakatz
Posts: 2460
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby dakatz » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:58 pm

JordynAsh wrote:
arb44 wrote:In as well!
172
3.4x
Had the same sentence about scholarships.


Re-reading my email and I don't see the sentence about scholarship info. Where does it refer to $$? I think I'm going stir-crazy from finals.


"Based on your excellent record, the Scholarship Committee is considering your file for one of our Scholars in Law Awards."

It was the last sentence of the first paragraph in my email.

I'm pretty excited about this. While I'm an east-coaster and most likely want to go to school in this region, I had the chance to visit St. Louis during the summer and LOVED it. I could totally see myself there for 3 years.
Last edited by dakatz on Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
JordynAsh
Posts: 370
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:20 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby JordynAsh » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:58 pm

jc631 wrote:In via email :) Did everyone else's letter mention the Scholars in Law scholarships?


Mine did. Anyone know much about these?

arb44
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:53 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby arb44 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:00 pm

krispykitten wrote:If you guys could mention when you went complete, I'd really appreciate it.

Complete 12/2 and no word, but congrats guys, that's freaking awesome!


Received the email saying I was complete on 10/21.
Sorry, had to go digging through my archived emails to find it.

User avatar
JordynAsh
Posts: 370
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:20 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby JordynAsh » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:00 pm

dakatz wrote:
JordynAsh wrote:
arb44 wrote:In as well!
172
3.4x
Had the same sentence about scholarships.


Re-reading my email and I don't see the sentence about scholarship info. Where does it refer to $$? I think I'm going stir-crazy from finals.


"Based on your excellent record, the Scholarship Committee is considering your file for one of our Scholars in Law Awards."

It was the last sentence of the first paragraph in my email.

I'm pretty excited about this. While I'm an east-coaster and most likely want to go to school in this region, I had the chance to visit St. Louis during the summer and LOVED it. I could totally see myself there for 3 years.


Oh sorry, I meant the part about them coming out in March?

wired
Posts: 472
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:29 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby wired » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:01 pm

Anyone who was accepted: what does your status checker say?

User avatar
MirandaHobbes
Posts: 305
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:23 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby MirandaHobbes » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:01 pm

anyone know if they send rejections via snail mail. i updated complete on 12/1, but didn't get an e-mail. thinking it may be a ding for me.

EDIT: initially went complete nov. 17.
Last edited by MirandaHobbes on Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

krispykitten
Posts: 441
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:44 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby krispykitten » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:02 pm

MirandaHobbes wrote:anyone know if they send rejections via snail mail. i updated complete on 12/1, but didn't get an e-mail. thinking it may be a ding for me.


+1. Complete 12/2, no email.

User avatar
S de Garmeaux
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:00 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby S de Garmeaux » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:03 pm

krispykitten wrote:
MirandaHobbes wrote:anyone know if they send rejections via snail mail. i updated complete on 12/1, but didn't get an e-mail. thinking it may be a ding for me.


+1. Complete 12/2, no email.


complete 11/20 no email




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Houzy, joezze, reydingo, Smc1994, tinafeyclone and 16 guests