For WUSTL Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
najumobi

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby najumobi » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:10 pm

missvik218 wrote:I know it stinks, who only has ONE ASD?! Either way, I don't really know how I feel about anything right now - I wish I had the funds to visit every place but I'm going to need to be picky. I want to end up somewhere from DC to ATL though so I feel like it's foolish to ignore UGA. I really like the thought of WUSTL but I'm worried about their ability to place in the mid-Atlantic. My fingers are still crossed that a giant reach takes me and makes my decision really easy, haha.

vandy? duke?
i'm actually hoping to get off the vandy waitlist. i wouldn't have to make a tough choice between smu and wustl.

nyyankees

Postby nyyankees » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:12 pm

Neil wrote:
missvik218 wrote:
Edit: Looked at this, definitely think I might go for it. Multi-city flight costs about the same as just the one to STL, so this way WUSTL can help me pay for my flight to ATL too!

Yeah, I probably would have if I had looked into UGA's ASD before buying my STL ticket. Probably won't seriously consider UGA if no scholarship money comes, but will definitely need to visit the campus on my own if it does come.

There seems to be a 90/10 split on TLS in favor of the March ASD... I like this...

yeah i think im the only one who is going on 2/26 :( It sounds like a great time though, im jealous

jockinjay-z

Postby jockinjay-z » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:12 pm

Hey this is kinda random but is anyone bringing anyone else with this to ASW?? Like would it be out of line to bring a non-spouse/family member with you for the day?

ccourt14

Postby ccourt14 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:13 pm

So I looked around for a little, but was unable to find an answer. Has anyone who received the acceptance email but NOT a mention of the travel stipend actually called the admissions to request the stipend? If so, what did they say?

missvik218

Postby missvik218 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:14 pm

najumobi wrote:vandy? duke?
i'm actually hoping to get off the vandy waitlist. i wouldn't have to make a tough choice between smu and wustl.

Sorry didn't realize, I haven't heard anything from either of them yet. But for Vandy or Duke I don't think I'd be bitching about only having one ASD, I'd just book my flight.

najumobi

Postby najumobi » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:14 pm

jockinjay-z wrote:Hey this is kinda random but is anyone bringing anyone else with this to ASW?? Like would it be out of line to bring a non-spouse/family member with you for the day?
i don't think so....i have friends who have gone to various asd's with parents.

Neil

Postby Neil » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:16 pm

jockinjay-z wrote:Hey this is kinda random but is anyone bringing anyone else with this to ASW?? Like would it be out of line to bring a non-spouse/family member with you for the day?

I hope not. I am probably bringing a friend who grew up about two blocks from WUSTL's campus...

nyyankees

Postby nyyankees » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:20 pm

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but am i the only one excited at the idea of a school of splitters? Typically splitters are the smart kids who didnt try too hard in UG. In some ways being a splitter means you are smart but you like to have a good time (maybe too good of a time). I like to know that people at least know how to have fun, whether or not they can still afford to. Though in some ways maybe this is like sex addicts anonymous for splitters where we all promise to work harder, though we are in a school full of similar minded people and temptation to relapse is strong.

missvik218

Postby missvik218 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:22 pm

nyyankees wrote:Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but am i the only one excited at the idea of a school of splitters? Typically splitters are the smart kids who didnt try too hard in UG. In some ways being a splitter means you are smart but you like to have a good time (maybe too good of a time). I like to know that people at least know how to have fun, whether or not they can still afford to. Though in some ways maybe this is like sex addicts anonymous for splitters where we all promise to work harder, though we are in a school full of similar minded people and temptation to relapse is strong.

:lol: And a town owned by Anheuser Busch seems to be the perfect backdrop.

D. H2Oman

Postby D. H2Oman » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:24 pm

nyyankees wrote:Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but am i the only one excited at the idea of a school of splitters? Typically splitters are the smart kids who didnt try too hard in UG. In some ways being a splitter means you are smart but you like to have a good time (maybe too good of a time). I like to know that people at least know how to have fun, whether or not they can still afford to. Though in some ways maybe this is like sex addicts anonymous for splitters where we all promise to work harder, though we are in a school full of similar minded people and temptation to relapse is strong.

This does sound great. Damn WUSTL let me already.

najumobi

Postby najumobi » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:28 pm

Dwaterman86 wrote:
This does sound great. Damn WUSTL let me already.
haha....you'll get in soon enough....are you applying to/waiting on any other highly ranked schools? like northwestern or georgetown?

DoctorNick189

Postby DoctorNick189 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:29 pm

missvik218 wrote:

+1

I am becoming more excited by the day.

D. H2Oman

Postby D. H2Oman » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:29 pm

najumobi wrote:haha....you'll get in soon enough....are you applying to/waiting on any other highly ranked schools? like northwestern or georgetown?

Double yes. Though no w/e so Northwestern is not going to happen.

nyyankees

Postby nyyankees » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:40 pm

Dwaterman86 wrote:
najumobi wrote:haha....you'll get in soon enough....are you applying to/waiting on any other highly ranked schools? like northwestern or georgetown?

someone will need that LSAT

shadu

Postby shadu » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:43 pm

get out of my head!

nyyankees

Postby nyyankees » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:44 pm

DoctorNick189 wrote:
missvik218 wrote:

+1

ugh this makes going on 2/26 even worse.

Typical of slacker splitters, going to the last available ASW prob makes for a great weekend. I would assume the later acceptances are the later applicants which are probably even more stereotypical splitters.

najumobi

Postby najumobi » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:46 pm

Dwaterman86 wrote:

yeah...they're pretty strict about that.

nyyankees

Postby nyyankees » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:47 pm

shadu wrote:

get out of my head!

hahah i love that this is your comeback to tls with your first post in months. It only adds to the legend of splitters...

kentee15

Postby kentee15 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:47 pm

any 1/29 updates still not hear anything?

missvik218

Postby missvik218 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:48 pm

nyyankees wrote:
DoctorNick189 wrote:
missvik218 wrote:

+1

ugh this makes going on 2/26 even worse.

Typical of slacker splitters, going to the last available ASW prob makes for a great weekend. I would assume the later acceptances are the later applicants which are probably even more stereotypical splitters.

Meh, I'm about as typical as they get assuming the above are the qualifications for that ... there is still hope for your 2/26 date!!

ec2xs

Postby ec2xs » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:49 pm

I just registered for the admitted students day. Long drive from Texas. Someone better have a drink with me when I get there.

Mattisgo

Postby Mattisgo » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:51 pm

kentee15 wrote:any 1/29 updates still not hear anything?

Yep.

MBZags

Postby MBZags » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:55 pm

ec2xs wrote:I just registered for the admitted students day. Long drive from Texas. Someone better have a drink with me when I get there.

Driving in from WA. Long-distance travelers unite!

najumobi

Postby najumobi » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:58 pm

ec2xs wrote:I just registered for the admitted students day. Long drive from Texas. Someone better have a drink with me when I get there.
omg...you're driving? why?

i thought about driving for the outerbanks of nc but i found out that it was a 15-hour drive. i think the max i could do in a day is probably 12.

JayCole

Postby JayCole » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:58 pm

Heck, I might even go to the ASW even if I don't get in, haha. I have taht much love for this place. I grew up in the neighborhood and I can't say enough good things about not only the school but also the people that go there. Man, if you alll get in and DON'T go...there's something wrong with you :)

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”