For WUSTL Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
chicoalto0649
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby chicoalto0649 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:19 am

najumobi wrote:
mrm2083 wrote:I don't get why I haven't gotten an email, I should be a lock. What is the sender for the email?

are you hispanic? though hispanics are URM, i get the impression that they're treated like ORM when it comes to admissions at Wustl. hispanics make up less than 1% of Wustl's student body (though 25% declined to report their race/ethnicity). of course if you're a splitter none of that matters, however if you're not...



If theyre less than 1 percent of wustl's student body, why would you say they get treated like ORMs? In fact hispanics should have a greater boost because I heard they just cant attract qualified hispanics to even apply in the first place (coming straight from one of the deans of admissions mouth)

User avatar
najumobi
Posts: 1111
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:36 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby najumobi » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:21 am

chicoalto0649 wrote:
najumobi wrote:
mrm2083 wrote:I don't get why I haven't gotten an email, I should be a lock. What is the sender for the email?

are you hispanic? though hispanics are URM, i get the impression that they're treated like ORM when it comes to admissions at Wustl. hispanics make up less than 1% of Wustl's student body (though 25% declined to report their race/ethnicity). of course if you're a splitter none of that matters, however if you're not...



If theyre less than 1 percent of wustl's student body, why would you say they get treated like ORMs? In fact hispanics should have a greater boost because I heard they just cant attract qualified hispanics to even apply in the first place (coming straight from one of the deans of admissions mouth)
good point. i wonder why it's hard for them to attract qualified hispanics.

User avatar
najumobi
Posts: 1111
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:36 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby najumobi » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:22 am

mrm2083 wrote:ya I'm hispanic but with a 171/3.43 I thought I would be an auto admit

yeah you're an auto-admit. i think you'll be fine. also, you'll get into much better schools anyway (may have already? :) )

User avatar
chicoalto0649
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby chicoalto0649 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:23 am

najumobi wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:
najumobi wrote:
mrm2083 wrote:I don't get why I haven't gotten an email, I should be a lock. What is the sender for the email?

are you hispanic? though hispanics are URM, i get the impression that they're treated like ORM when it comes to admissions at Wustl. hispanics make up less than 1% of Wustl's student body (though 25% declined to report their race/ethnicity). of course if you're a splitter none of that matters, however if you're not...



If theyre less than 1 percent of wustl's student body, why would you say they get treated like ORMs? In fact hispanics should have a greater boost because I heard they just cant attract qualified hispanics to even apply in the first place (coming straight from one of the deans of admissions mouth)
good point. i wonder why it's hard for them to attract qualified hispanics.



I asked the dean herself and she was miffed. She said last year there might have been 6 (six STUDENTS) who were hispanic....she was kind of pumped I was Mexican and she said they are trying harder to get more hispanics (whatever that means)

User avatar
cendien
Posts: 150
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:24 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby cendien » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:31 am

Mattisgo wrote:I'm joining the 1/29 crowd. Still waiting.


Jumping into this group as well.

Applied 1/19, complete 1/29. I'd be quite excited to have this acceptance soon. I feel like I've got a good shot with my numbers, but it also seems really fast to hear back from them.

User avatar
sarlis
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby sarlis » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:35 am

were all the 1/26 decisions today acceptances?

I am part of the 1/26 people, but didn't get any decision today...

User avatar
nyyankees
Posts: 484
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:50 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby nyyankees » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:39 am

najumobi wrote:which admitted students day is everyone going to? 2/26 or 3/26?


2/26. Anyone else?

autao
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:20 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby autao » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:42 am

I am. Where are you guys staying? The conference center is booked on that Thursday.

User avatar
chicoalto0649
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby chicoalto0649 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:44 am

autao wrote:I am. Where are you guys staying? The conference center is booked on that Thursday.



I liked the Sheraton in Clayton- close to campus plus free shuttle service to campus, and you also get a wustl visitor discount

User avatar
Lonagan
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:03 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Lonagan » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:45 am

In today via e-mail. Applied January 4.

autao
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:20 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby autao » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:50 am

chicoalto0649 wrote:
autao wrote:I am. Where are you guys staying? The conference center is booked on that Thursday.



I liked the Sheraton in Clayton- close to campus plus free shuttle service to campus, and you also get a wustl visitor discount


What's the discount? I liked the Sheraton as well as the Crowne Plaza.

User avatar
chicoalto0649
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby chicoalto0649 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:50 am

autao wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:
autao wrote:I am. Where are you guys staying? The conference center is booked on that Thursday.



I liked the Sheraton in Clayton- close to campus plus free shuttle service to campus, and you also get a wustl visitor discount


What's the discount? I liked the Sheraton as well as the Crowne Plaza.


I forget. I know if u mention ur visiting theyll discount you.

jockinjay-z
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:27 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby jockinjay-z » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:51 am

nyyankees wrote:
najumobi wrote:which admitted students day is everyone going to? 2/26 or 3/26?


2/26. Anyone else?



me too. is anyone bringing anybody with them??

autao
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:20 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby autao » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:51 am

thanks.

User avatar
camstant
Posts: 193
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:59 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby camstant » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:03 am

Check the moonrise hotel... about a 30 second drive from campus, surprisingly nice, in the middle of the loop, not too expensive

clwilson6
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:31 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby clwilson6 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:49 am

cendien wrote:
Mattisgo wrote:I'm joining the 1/29 crowd. Still waiting.


Jumping into this group as well.

Applied 1/19, complete 1/29. I'd be quite excited to have this acceptance soon. I feel like I've got a good shot with my numbers, but it also seems really fast to hear back from them.


Sorry bud, it seems like you might still have some time to wait. Your 1/29 complete is your first update which just means your file is just that, complete, and is ready for review. It seems that on your second complete update, that's when most people have been given decisions.

User avatar
Sauer Grapes
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:02 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Sauer Grapes » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:11 am

....
Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ryguy
Posts: 328
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:13 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby ryguy » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:38 am

What would be the closest airport to fly into from NYC.

User avatar
Sauer Grapes
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:02 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Sauer Grapes » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:39 am

....
Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mrm2083
Posts: 238
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:16 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby mrm2083 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:42 am

damn saur grapes you heard quick from UVA and Duke, congrats. Where you priority track at Duke?

User avatar
Sauer Grapes
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:02 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Sauer Grapes » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:55 am

....
Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lawduder
Posts: 483
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:56 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby lawduder » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:50 pm

complete update again, 2/3

first complete - 1/06
second complete - 1/29
third complete - 2/3

hmmm?

User avatar
cardinalandgold
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby cardinalandgold » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:51 pm

I got my first complete late January, I got a second complete on 1/29. This morning I check my status checker and it has changed yet again to 2/3. Stop messing with me WUSTL!

User avatar
chicoalto0649
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby chicoalto0649 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:52 pm

cardinalandgold wrote:I got my first complete late January, I got a second complete on 1/29. This morning I check my status checker and it has changed yet again to 2/3. Stop messing with me WUSTL!



Yo dawg, yo. I would say, stay glued to your mailbox today. A third status change means this is the day they email you your acceptance. Congrats.

User avatar
chicoalto0649
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby chicoalto0649 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:53 pm

lawduder wrote:complete update again, 2/3

first complete - 1/06
second complete - 1/29
third complete - 2/3

hmmm?


See my response to cardinal.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”