For WUSTL Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Neil

Bronze

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Post by Neil » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:54 pm

joshlyman wrote:do people think the rest of the 1/26ers are screwed?
A bunch of us had updated complete dates on 1/13. Then, on 1/14, a good chunk of those were accepted. The following week there was another batch of acceptances. Some of us who had gone complete 1/13 were still not accepted. I was finally accepted, on 1/25, with a bunch of the others who had updated 1/13. I don't think not being accepted immediately after your new complete date is necessarily a bad sign, even if others have gotten in.

Before I finally did get the acceptance e-mail, I noticed that most of the people who had already been accepted on LSN had "Sent" dates a bit before mine, FWIW-- though some with the same "Sent" date as me were admitted on Friday, and I was not admitted until Monday.

Neil

Bronze

Post by Neil » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:55 pm

ec2xs wrote:Just received an admitted students day email and a bulletin board email....but no formal acceptance letter. Is that standard?

Oh, 3.2/167
Ha! Not standard, but I got mine all within 5 minutes. It's probably on its way, or in your Spam folder. CONGRATS!

Congrats to all the other new admits as well!

joshlyman

New

Post by joshlyman » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:06 pm

i just wonder if the 1/26 is still good i can only be a wide eyed optimist so long.

chicoalto0649

Silver

Post by chicoalto0649 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:09 pm

joshlyman wrote:i just wonder if the 1/26 is still good i can only be a wide eyed optimist so long.
Is your lsat >or =167? Is your gpa x < 3.00? Depends on your stats man. Plus someone just said that they got their acceptance a week or two after an earlier batch of acceptances was sent out ( had the same completion date as earlier)

Island Girl

Bronze

Post by Island Girl » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:10 pm

1/26 update. Haven't heard anything yet. *crosses fingers*. Maybe tomorrow? :?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Neil

Bronze

Post by Neil » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:12 pm

Neil wrote:
joshlyman wrote:do people think the rest of the 1/26ers are screwed?
A bunch of us had updated complete dates on 1/13. Then, on 1/14, a good chunk of those were accepted. The following week there was another batch of acceptances. Some of us who had gone complete 1/13 were still not accepted. I was finally accepted, on 1/25, with a bunch of the others who had updated 1/13. I don't think not being accepted immediately after your new complete date is necessarily a bad sign, even if others have gotten in.

Before I finally did get the acceptance e-mail, I noticed that most of the people who had already been accepted on LSN had "Sent" dates a bit before mine, FWIW-- though some with the same "Sent" date as me were admitted on Friday, and I was not admitted until Monday.
Just wanted to clarify/correct myself: I don't mean to suggest that if people who sent in there apps after you have been accepted already, you won't be. WUSTL's acceptances do not appear to be chronological down to the applicant. You can more or less disregard the bolded.

mytwocents

Bronze

Post by mytwocents » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:17 pm

I'm part of the 1/26 crew...you think they'd need higher GPAs to bring them up a little? To be totally honest, I can't imagine I'd get into WUSTL. My LSAT is 163, which hovers just over their 25%, but I'm slightly above their GPA 75%. I really think that could be the only way I'd get in. The general concensus seems to be that 1/26ers still have a reason to be positive, but I think I'm a long shot for sure so I don't know!

jks289

Silver

Post by jks289 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:19 pm

mytwocents wrote:I'm part of the 1/26 crew...you think they'd need higher GPAs to bring them up a little? To be totally honest, I can't imagine I'd get into WUSTL. My LSAT is 163, which hovers just over their 25%, but I'm slightly above their GPA 75%. I really think that could be the only way I'd get in. The general concensus seems to be that 1/26ers still have a reason to be positive, but I think I'm a long shot for sure so I don't know!
Having an LSAT above the 25% and a GPA above the 75% doesn't make you a long shot. It makes you a target.

mytwocents

Bronze

Post by mytwocents » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:21 pm

jks289 wrote:
mytwocents wrote:I'm part of the 1/26 crew...you think they'd need higher GPAs to bring them up a little? To be totally honest, I can't imagine I'd get into WUSTL. My LSAT is 163, which hovers just over their 25%, but I'm slightly above their GPA 75%. I really think that could be the only way I'd get in. The general concensus seems to be that 1/26ers still have a reason to be positive, but I think I'm a long shot for sure so I don't know!
Having an LSAT above the 25% and a GPA above the 75% doesn't make you a long shot. It makes you a target.
Eh...I'm like a point over the 25%, and JUST over the 75%, with a minimum of interesting softs and a PS that showed no real interest in WUSTL, so I will politely beg to differ :P Although "long shot" might have been an exaggeration, I still don't think I'm a "target" for them and will be surprised if I get in.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

stratocophic

Gold

Post by stratocophic » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:23 pm

WUSTL's been described as a "splitter refugee camp." If it wasn't for people like you, we wouldn't have this sort of haven in the T20. Reverse-splitter, I salute and thank you for your GPA.

terpette

Bronze

Post by terpette » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:28 pm

got the SIL mention in my acceptance letter but no stipend offer...should I e-mail and inquire about receiving it?

nyyankees

Bronze

Post by nyyankees » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:32 pm

terpette wrote:got the SIL mention in my acceptance letter but no stipend offer...should I e-mail and inquire about receiving it?
i got accepted on friday, and then just got the email today

terpette

Bronze

Post by terpette » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:35 pm

nyyankees wrote:
terpette wrote:got the SIL mention in my acceptance letter but no stipend offer...should I e-mail and inquire about receiving it?
I was accepted almost 2 weeks ago :?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

nyyankees

Bronze

Post by nyyankees » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:41 pm

terpette wrote:
nyyankees wrote:
did you get the admitted students site password?

turkishangora

Bronze

Post by turkishangora » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:42 pm

sigh still no email :( any 1/29ers still out there?

orphanarium

Bronze

Post by orphanarium » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:44 pm

Last edited by orphanarium on Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joshlyman

New

Post by joshlyman » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:47 pm

is it possible for 1% of their accepted group to just be people they like with lower numbers that wouldnt vastly affect their medians?
in other words im around 25th for both lsat and gpa, a little above for lsat, but have what i think are decent softs or at least good experiences...
honestly the 1/26 update blew me away and its been driving me nuts.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

terpette

Bronze

Post by terpette » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:50 pm

nyyankees wrote:
terpette wrote:
nyyankees wrote:
did you get the admitted students site password?
yep but no mention of a stipend...so confused

mytwocents

Bronze

Post by mytwocents » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:54 pm

barrinmb wrote:
WUSTL's been described as a "splitter refugee camp." If it wasn't for people like you, we wouldn't have this sort of haven in the T20. Reverse-splitter, I salute and thank you for your GPA.
Haha, we'll see if it actually gets me in!

luckyjd

Bronze

Post by luckyjd » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:02 pm

travel stipend mention is in the Bulletin email, with this subject, "Washington University Law Admitted Students Bulletin Board". You really have to look for that mention. Someone mentioned that the admissions office told them that not everyone gets the travel stipend though. So if you didn't get something along these lines, then you probably didn't get it. You can try to request it I guess, though I'm not sure how that has worked out.
February 2, 2010

To: luckyjd

Hello luckyjd,

Congratulations on your admission to Washington U Law! blah blah blah...

Finally, based on your outstanding academic credentials, I am pleased to be able to offer you a travel stipend to use toward visiting the law school. When you visit the school between now and April 1, 2010, we will reimburse your expenses for transportation and/or lodging, up to $200, if you are traveling from more than 100 miles to St. Louis. (When you make your visit you will be given a form to complete to submit with your receipts.) As always, if we may provide any assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact our office. We look forward to helping you learn more about Washington U Law!

Best regards,

Mary Ann Clifford

Assistant Dean of Admissions

terpette

Bronze

Post by terpette » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:32 pm

luckyjd wrote:travel stipend mention is in the Bulletin email, with this subject, "Washington University Law Admitted Students Bulletin Board". You really have to look for that mention. Someone mentioned that the admissions office told them that not everyone gets the travel stipend though. So if you didn't get something along these lines, then you probably didn't get it. You can try to request it I guess, though I'm not sure how that has worked out.
February 2, 2010

To: luckyjd

Hello luckyjd,

Congratulations on your admission to Washington U Law! blah blah blah...

Finally, based on your outstanding academic credentials, I am pleased to be able to offer you a travel stipend to use toward visiting the law school. When you visit the school between now and April 1, 2010, we will reimburse your expenses for transportation and/or lodging, up to $200, if you are traveling from more than 100 miles to St. Louis. (When you make your visit you will be given a form to complete to submit with your receipts.) As always, if we may provide any assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact our office. We look forward to helping you learn more about Washington U Law!

Best regards,

Mary Ann Clifford

Assistant Dean of Admissions

Just re-read the bulletin e-mail for the 4th time...no mention of stipend. Ohhh well.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

missvik218

Silver

Post by missvik218 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:32 pm

Neil wrote:
missvik218 wrote:
jmaan wrote:just got the email with travel stipend offer..good sign of scholarship money??
Rumor has it only ppl who had the note about "SIL" in their initial e-mail were given the travel stipend. Nobody has been notified of $$ yet. It means they're considering you, but no one can tell how likely it is you'll be awarded $$ - better bet is to search last years admits with similar numbers on LSN and see what if anything they were offered.
Would just like to point out that I did receive the travel stipend in my e-mail but did not get the SIL mention. This has been a common misconception. Perhaps I am the only exception to the rule? Perhaps they are no longer considering me for the scholarship because they've already decided to offer me a full ride? Maybe if I say please???
:lol: Definitely that!

Or maybe I was just wrong about the whole only SIL ppl getting the stipend :?

mrm2083

Bronze

Post by mrm2083 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:55 pm

I'm a 1/29er and still nothing. Have most 1/29s gotten acceptances already? I think I should be an auto admit with a 171/3.4

lawduder

Bronze

Post by lawduder » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:58 pm

mrm2083 wrote:I'm a 1/29er and still nothing. Have most 1/29s gotten acceptances already? I think I should be an auto admit with a 171/3.4
I'm a 1/29 with nothing... :|

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:02 pm

Offered stipend + mention of SIL (once I figured out what the heck that abbrv meant...)

Went complete before 1/29.. sometime.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”