For WUSTL Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
missvik218

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby missvik218 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:37 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
missvik218 wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
vanstone22 wrote:Does WUSTL have any type of travel reimbursement?

I think they do for people travelling from over 100 miles. Not sure how you go about applying for it though.

Save travel info, it's up to $200 for those traveling over 100 miles. The e-mail for the admitted students bulletin board states "When you make your visit you will be given a form to complete to submit with your receipts."

200 isnt alot of monies- esp for a school that is UBER loaded

Im guessing there will be alot of booze at ASD, cause its free advertising for Anheuser Busch.

Edit:

Complete at 1/5, and still no update on my status.

Yep, it'll cover part of a flight or a hotel room for like one night ... I agree with what you imagine their ASD to be like, which is why I'm looking forward to this one. Anheuser Busch pretty much owns STL.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:42 pm

missvik218 wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:
missvik218 wrote:
romothesavior wrote:Does WUSTL have any type of travel reimbursement?

I think they do for people travelling from over 100 miles. Not sure how you go about applying for it though.

Save travel info, it's up to $200 for those traveling over 100 miles. The e-mail for the admitted students bulletin board states "When you make your visit you will be given a form to complete to submit with your receipts."

Im guessing there will be alot of booze at ASD, cause its free advertising for Anheuser Busch.

Edit:

Yep, it'll cover part of a flight or a hotel room for like one night ... I agree with what you imagine their ASD to be like, which is why I'm looking forward to this one. Anheuser Busch pretty much owns STL.[/quote]

I highly recommend taking a tour of the AB brewery while you're in STL. It is a lot of fun and I think it is still free. Free samples too :)

Which ASD are you guys planning on going to?

clwilson6

Postby clwilson6 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:50 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
missvik218 wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
vanstone22 wrote:Does WUSTL have any type of travel reimbursement?

Edit:

Was that your first Complete status update or second?

missvik218

Postby missvik218 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:53 pm

romothesavior wrote:I highly recommend taking a tour of the AB brewery while you're in STL. It is a lot of fun and I think it is still free. Free samples too :)

I'm actually in the process of looking up flights for the 2/26 ASD. You? Anyone else?

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:57 pm

missvik218 wrote:
romothesavior wrote:I highly recommend taking a tour of the AB brewery while you're in STL. It is a lot of fun and I think it is still free. Free samples too :)

I'm actually in the process of looking up flights for the 2/26 ASD. You? Anyone else?

Looks like I'll be doing the last one, unfortunately. I wanted to do the 2/26 one but I have a moot court competition that weekend. I've already visited the school once, but I want to meet some potential classmates and spend a weekend in STL.

fancifulthings

Postby fancifulthings » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:58 pm

romothesavior wrote:

The March one. Though that'll be cutting it pretty close to the first seat deposit...

ccourt14

Postby ccourt14 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:03 pm

Be aware that the travel stipend is not for all people traveling farther than 200 miles. I spoke with a lady in admissions and the stipend had to have been mentioned in your acceptance email if you did receive it.

empire84

Postby empire84 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:42 pm

missvik218 wrote:Yep, it'll cover part of a flight or a hotel room for like one night ... I agree with what you imagine their ASD to be like, which is why I'm looking forward to this one. Anheuser Busch pretty much owns STL.

I think you mean InBev...and being from STL I will tell you there has been quite a backlash toward AB of late. :-P

I am planning on going to the ASD in March.

luckyjd

Postby luckyjd » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:54 pm

Such a quiet day in here... maybe quiet week even... at least I know Friday will be UIUC decision so there's that to look forward to...

Neil

Postby Neil » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:59 pm

fancifulthings wrote:
romothesavior wrote:

The March one. Though that'll be cutting it pretty close to the first seat deposit...

I'll be going to the March ASD as well. One of my best friends grew up about two blocks from campus and agreed to make the trip home that weekend, so I'll be staying at his parents' place. :lol:

Here's hoping for some new admits tonight...

blurbz

Postby blurbz » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:01 pm

luckyjd wrote:Such a quiet day in here... maybe quiet week even... at least I know Friday will be UIUC decision so there's that to look forward to...

I really hope you get in at IL, with money. I know that I've been avoiding this thread and tempering my WUSTL anxiety with the Illinois and Minnesota admitted students pages. WUSTL is still the goal, but it certainly is nice to have other good options!

Oy. Tomorrow, maybe.

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:16 pm

./quote]

Was that your first Complete status update or second?[/quote]

Havent been updated since I sent in my stuff on the 5th

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:18 pm

[/quote]

I highly recommend taking a tour of the AB brewery while you're in STL. It is a lot of fun and I think it is still free. Free samples too :)

Which ASD are you guys planning on going to?[/quote]

Need to get in first :lol:

clwilson6

Postby clwilson6 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:24 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:./quote]

Havent been updated since I sent in my stuff on the 5th[/quote]

OK, worried me for a second. I got a Complete status update when my application was complete then it updated to 1/26 as File Complete again. From what I can tell, the consensus is that the second File Complete update means that a decision has been made and there'll be another File Complete update the day the acceptance e-mail goes out. Since WUSTL hadn't made any reject or waitlist decisions until April of last year that a File Complete update this early in the game is a good sign.

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:29 pm

clwilson6 wrote:

OK, worried me for a second. I got a Complete status update when my application was complete then it updated to 1/26 as File Complete again. From what I can tell, the consensus is that the second File Complete update means that a decision has been made and there'll be another File Complete update the day the acceptance e-mail goes out. Since WUSTL hadn't made any reject or waitlist decisions until April of last year that a File Complete update this early in the game is a good sign.[/quote]

When did you send in your stuff?

clwilson6

Postby clwilson6 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:31 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
clwilson6 wrote:

OK, worried me for a second. I got a Complete status update when my application was complete then it updated to 1/26 as File Complete again. From what I can tell, the consensus is that the second File Complete update means that a decision has been made and there'll be another File Complete update the day the acceptance e-mail goes out. Since WUSTL hadn't made any reject or waitlist decisions until April of last year that a File Complete update this early in the game is a good sign.

When did you send in your stuff?[/quote]

Sent my applicatoin 10/30 and went complete 11/13.

Great Expectations

Postby Great Expectations » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:37 pm

Submitted 1/27. Complete 2/1. Any thoughts on a timeline for my app? Mid March perhaps?

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:39 pm

clwilson6 wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:
clwilson6 wrote:

When did you send in your stuff?

Sent my applicatoin 10/30 and went complete 11/13.[/quote]

And still no second update? Woooo, werent a lot of kids accepted who applied at later dates than you?

clwilson6

Postby clwilson6 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:43 pm

Havent been updated since I sent in my stuff on the 5th[/quote]

OK, worried me for a second. I got a Complete status update when my application was complete then it updated to 1/26 as File Complete again. From what I can tell, the consensus is that the second File Complete update means that a decision has been made and there'll be another File Complete update the day the acceptance e-mail goes out. Since WUSTL hadn't made any reject or waitlist decisions until April of last year that a File Complete update this early in the game is a good sign.[/quote]

When did you send in your stuff?[/quote]

Sent my applicatoin 10/30 and went complete 11/13.[/quote]

And still no second update? Woooo, werent a lot of kids accepted who applied at later dates than you?[/quote]

Yup, but my numbers aren't WUSTL material. I kind of figured that I'd never hear anything back from them until they sent ou their mass of rejects or waitlists but I got update with the 1/26 crowd.

luckyjd

Postby luckyjd » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:48 pm

blurbz wrote:
luckyjd wrote:Such a quiet day in here... maybe quiet week even... at least I know Friday will be UIUC decision so there's that to look forward to...

I really hope you get in at IL, with money. I know that I've been avoiding this thread and tempering my WUSTL anxiety with the Illinois and Minnesota admitted students pages. WUSTL is still the goal, but it certainly is nice to have other good options!

Oy. Tomorrow, maybe.

Thanks! Hopefully the good Karma will flow my way :) Tomorrow it is.

p.s. improper "quotes" are driving me nuts! fix your post guys!

luckyjd

Postby luckyjd » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:50 pm

Great Expectations wrote:Submitted 1/27. Complete 2/1. Any thoughts on a timeline for my app? Mid March perhaps?

Depends on your numbers. :) Seems like they handpicked their acceptances. The more they like your numbers, the quicker the turnaround..? Maybe? I've been waiting since end of December with numbers in their ball park.

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:58 pm

clwilson6 wrote:

Yup, but my numbers aren't WUSTL material. I kind of figured that I'd never hear anything back from them until they sent ou their mass of rejects or waitlists but I got update with the 1/26 crowd.

So are YOU the reason why all the people who updated on 1/26 freaked out?

clwilson6

Postby clwilson6 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:23 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
clwilson6 wrote:

Don't know what you mean. I freaked out right along with everybody else.

robin600

Postby robin600 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:35 pm

clwilson6 wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:
clwilson6 wrote:

Don't know what you mean. I freaked out right along with everybody else.

I'm just freaking out every time a status checker changes, it's burnt into my brain, status checker updates = OCD behavior.

joshlyman

Postby joshlyman » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:43 pm

the fate of the 1/26ers = better drama than monday night tv

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”