For WUSTL Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
missvik218
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:45 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby missvik218 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:37 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
missvik218 wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
vanstone22 wrote:Does WUSTL have any type of travel reimbursement?

I think they do for people travelling from over 100 miles. Not sure how you go about applying for it though.

Save travel info, it's up to $200 for those traveling over 100 miles. The e-mail for the admitted students bulletin board states "When you make your visit you will be given a form to complete to submit with your receipts."

200 isnt alot of monies- esp for a school that is UBER loaded

Im guessing there will be alot of booze at ASD, cause its free advertising for Anheuser Busch.

Edit:

Complete at 1/5, and still no update on my status.

Yep, it'll cover part of a flight or a hotel room for like one night ... I agree with what you imagine their ASD to be like, which is why I'm looking forward to this one. Anheuser Busch pretty much owns STL.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby romothesavior » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:42 pm

missvik218 wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:
missvik218 wrote:
romothesavior wrote:Does WUSTL have any type of travel reimbursement?

I think they do for people travelling from over 100 miles. Not sure how you go about applying for it though.

Save travel info, it's up to $200 for those traveling over 100 miles. The e-mail for the admitted students bulletin board states "When you make your visit you will be given a form to complete to submit with your receipts."

200 isnt alot of monies- esp for a school that is UBER loaded

Im guessing there will be alot of booze at ASD, cause its free advertising for Anheuser Busch.

Edit:

Complete at 1/5, and still no update on my status.

Yep, it'll cover part of a flight or a hotel room for like one night ... I agree with what you imagine their ASD to be like, which is why I'm looking forward to this one. Anheuser Busch pretty much owns STL.[/quote]

I highly recommend taking a tour of the AB brewery while you're in STL. It is a lot of fun and I think it is still free. Free samples too :)

Which ASD are you guys planning on going to?

clwilson6
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:31 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby clwilson6 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:50 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
missvik218 wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
vanstone22 wrote:Does WUSTL have any type of travel reimbursement?

I think they do for people travelling from over 100 miles. Not sure how you go about applying for it though.

Save travel info, it's up to $200 for those traveling over 100 miles. The e-mail for the admitted students bulletin board states "When you make your visit you will be given a form to complete to submit with your receipts."



200 isnt alot of monies- esp for a school that is UBER loaded

Im guessing there will be alot of booze at ASD, cause its free advertising for Anheuser Busch.

Edit:

Complete at 1/5, and still no update on my status.


Was that your first Complete status update or second?

User avatar
missvik218
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:45 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby missvik218 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:53 pm

romothesavior wrote:I highly recommend taking a tour of the AB brewery while you're in STL. It is a lot of fun and I think it is still free. Free samples too :)

Which ASD are you guys planning on going to?

I'm actually in the process of looking up flights for the 2/26 ASD. You? Anyone else?

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby romothesavior » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:57 pm

missvik218 wrote:
romothesavior wrote:I highly recommend taking a tour of the AB brewery while you're in STL. It is a lot of fun and I think it is still free. Free samples too :)

Which ASD are you guys planning on going to?

I'm actually in the process of looking up flights for the 2/26 ASD. You? Anyone else?


Looks like I'll be doing the last one, unfortunately. I wanted to do the 2/26 one but I have a moot court competition that weekend. I've already visited the school once, but I want to meet some potential classmates and spend a weekend in STL.

fancifulthings
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:40 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby fancifulthings » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:58 pm

romothesavior wrote:
Which ASD are you guys planning on going to?


The March one. Though that'll be cutting it pretty close to the first seat deposit...

ccourt14
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:33 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby ccourt14 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:03 pm

Be aware that the travel stipend is not for all people traveling farther than 200 miles. I spoke with a lady in admissions and the stipend had to have been mentioned in your acceptance email if you did receive it.

empire84
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:19 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby empire84 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:42 pm

missvik218 wrote:Yep, it'll cover part of a flight or a hotel room for like one night ... I agree with what you imagine their ASD to be like, which is why I'm looking forward to this one. Anheuser Busch pretty much owns STL.


I think you mean InBev...and being from STL I will tell you there has been quite a backlash toward AB of late. :-P

I am planning on going to the ASD in March.

luckyjd
Posts: 239
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby luckyjd » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:54 pm

Such a quiet day in here... maybe quiet week even... at least I know Friday will be UIUC decision so there's that to look forward to...

User avatar
Neil
Posts: 178
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:09 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Neil » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:59 pm

fancifulthings wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
Which ASD are you guys planning on going to?


The March one. Though that'll be cutting it pretty close to the first seat deposit...


I'll be going to the March ASD as well. One of my best friends grew up about two blocks from campus and agreed to make the trip home that weekend, so I'll be staying at his parents' place. :lol:

Here's hoping for some new admits tonight...

User avatar
blurbz
Posts: 1229
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:43 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby blurbz » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:01 pm

luckyjd wrote:Such a quiet day in here... maybe quiet week even... at least I know Friday will be UIUC decision so there's that to look forward to...



I really hope you get in at IL, with money. I know that I've been avoiding this thread and tempering my WUSTL anxiety with the Illinois and Minnesota admitted students pages. WUSTL is still the goal, but it certainly is nice to have other good options!

Oy. Tomorrow, maybe.

User avatar
chicoalto0649
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby chicoalto0649 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:16 pm

./quote]

Was that your first Complete status update or second?[/quote]

Havent been updated since I sent in my stuff on the 5th

User avatar
chicoalto0649
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby chicoalto0649 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:18 pm

[/quote]

I highly recommend taking a tour of the AB brewery while you're in STL. It is a lot of fun and I think it is still free. Free samples too :)

Which ASD are you guys planning on going to?[/quote]

Need to get in first :lol:

clwilson6
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:31 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby clwilson6 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:24 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:./quote]

Was that your first Complete status update or second?


Havent been updated since I sent in my stuff on the 5th[/quote]

OK, worried me for a second. I got a Complete status update when my application was complete then it updated to 1/26 as File Complete again. From what I can tell, the consensus is that the second File Complete update means that a decision has been made and there'll be another File Complete update the day the acceptance e-mail goes out. Since WUSTL hadn't made any reject or waitlist decisions until April of last year that a File Complete update this early in the game is a good sign.

User avatar
chicoalto0649
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby chicoalto0649 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:29 pm

clwilson6 wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:./quote]

Was that your first Complete status update or second?


Havent been updated since I sent in my stuff on the 5th


OK, worried me for a second. I got a Complete status update when my application was complete then it updated to 1/26 as File Complete again. From what I can tell, the consensus is that the second File Complete update means that a decision has been made and there'll be another File Complete update the day the acceptance e-mail goes out. Since WUSTL hadn't made any reject or waitlist decisions until April of last year that a File Complete update this early in the game is a good sign.[/quote]


When did you send in your stuff?

clwilson6
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:31 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby clwilson6 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:31 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
clwilson6 wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:./quote]

Was that your first Complete status update or second?


Havent been updated since I sent in my stuff on the 5th


OK, worried me for a second. I got a Complete status update when my application was complete then it updated to 1/26 as File Complete again. From what I can tell, the consensus is that the second File Complete update means that a decision has been made and there'll be another File Complete update the day the acceptance e-mail goes out. Since WUSTL hadn't made any reject or waitlist decisions until April of last year that a File Complete update this early in the game is a good sign.



When did you send in your stuff?[/quote]

Sent my applicatoin 10/30 and went complete 11/13.

User avatar
Great Expectations
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:42 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Great Expectations » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:37 pm

Submitted 1/27. Complete 2/1. Any thoughts on a timeline for my app? Mid March perhaps?

User avatar
chicoalto0649
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby chicoalto0649 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:39 pm

clwilson6 wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:
clwilson6 wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:./quote]

Was that your first Complete status update or second?


Havent been updated since I sent in my stuff on the 5th


OK, worried me for a second. I got a Complete status update when my application was complete then it updated to 1/26 as File Complete again. From what I can tell, the consensus is that the second File Complete update means that a decision has been made and there'll be another File Complete update the day the acceptance e-mail goes out. Since WUSTL hadn't made any reject or waitlist decisions until April of last year that a File Complete update this early in the game is a good sign.



When did you send in your stuff?


Sent my applicatoin 10/30 and went complete 11/13.[/quote]


And still no second update? Woooo, werent a lot of kids accepted who applied at later dates than you?

clwilson6
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:31 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby clwilson6 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:43 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:./quote]

Was that your first Complete status update or second?


Havent been updated since I sent in my stuff on the 5th[/quote]

OK, worried me for a second. I got a Complete status update when my application was complete then it updated to 1/26 as File Complete again. From what I can tell, the consensus is that the second File Complete update means that a decision has been made and there'll be another File Complete update the day the acceptance e-mail goes out. Since WUSTL hadn't made any reject or waitlist decisions until April of last year that a File Complete update this early in the game is a good sign.[/quote]

When did you send in your stuff?[/quote]

Sent my applicatoin 10/30 and went complete 11/13.[/quote]

And still no second update? Woooo, werent a lot of kids accepted who applied at later dates than you?[/quote]

Yup, but my numbers aren't WUSTL material. I kind of figured that I'd never hear anything back from them until they sent ou their mass of rejects or waitlists but I got update with the 1/26 crowd.

luckyjd
Posts: 239
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby luckyjd » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:48 pm

blurbz wrote:
luckyjd wrote:Such a quiet day in here... maybe quiet week even... at least I know Friday will be UIUC decision so there's that to look forward to...



I really hope you get in at IL, with money. I know that I've been avoiding this thread and tempering my WUSTL anxiety with the Illinois and Minnesota admitted students pages. WUSTL is still the goal, but it certainly is nice to have other good options!

Oy. Tomorrow, maybe.


Thanks! Hopefully the good Karma will flow my way :) Tomorrow it is.

p.s. improper "quotes" are driving me nuts! fix your post guys!

luckyjd
Posts: 239
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby luckyjd » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:50 pm

Great Expectations wrote:Submitted 1/27. Complete 2/1. Any thoughts on a timeline for my app? Mid March perhaps?


Depends on your numbers. :) Seems like they handpicked their acceptances. The more they like your numbers, the quicker the turnaround..? Maybe? I've been waiting since end of December with numbers in their ball park.

User avatar
chicoalto0649
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby chicoalto0649 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:58 pm

clwilson6 wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:./quote]

Yup, but my numbers aren't WUSTL material. I kind of figured that I'd never hear anything back from them until they sent ou their mass of rejects or waitlists but I got update with the 1/26 crowd.



So are YOU the reason why all the people who updated on 1/26 freaked out?

clwilson6
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:31 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby clwilson6 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:23 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
clwilson6 wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:./quote]

Yup, but my numbers aren't WUSTL material. I kind of figured that I'd never hear anything back from them until they sent ou their mass of rejects or waitlists but I got update with the 1/26 crowd.



So are YOU the reason why all the people who updated on 1/26 freaked out?


Don't know what you mean. I freaked out right along with everybody else.

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby robin600 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:35 pm

clwilson6 wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:
clwilson6 wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:./quote]

Yup, but my numbers aren't WUSTL material. I kind of figured that I'd never hear anything back from them until they sent ou their mass of rejects or waitlists but I got update with the 1/26 crowd.



So are YOU the reason why all the people who updated on 1/26 freaked out?


Don't know what you mean. I freaked out right along with everybody else.

I'm just freaking out every time a status checker changes, it's burnt into my brain, status checker updates = OCD behavior.

joshlyman
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby joshlyman » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:43 pm

the fate of the 1/26ers = better drama than monday night tv




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Christinabruin, jjcorvino, Keilz and 10 guests