For WUSTL Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
najumobi

Silver

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Post by najumobi » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:21 pm

Snickerdoodle wrote:Is April 1st a hard deadline for deposits?

I got a full tuition scholarship and they are suddenly looking more attractive than Vandy's 2/3rd scholarship ... but I need some time to decide.
when were you accepted? if after march 10th you have until april 15th to send in your deposit. if you were accepted earlier than you have a tough choice to make very soon. i envy your position. i would easily choose vandy if i were you.

Snickerdoodle

New

Post by Snickerdoodle » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:27 pm

theantiscalia wrote:You have to have the deposit in by April 1, but if you decide not to go there by May 1, they'll refund it to you. So you'll still have some time to decide on Vandy.

FWIW, I'd deff. choose WUSTL full tuition over Vandy partial tuition... unless you were wanting to go down South to work.
Thanks, didn't know their deposit was refundable!

I'm from Boston, and pretty much looking to live anywhere except New England and the Northeast. I know Vandy will open doors in the South, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how well WUSTL does... anywhere. I'm not sure Chicago is such good market for them, and I can't see myself living anywhere but Chicago (in the Midwest) after graduation.

Snickerdoodle

New

Post by Snickerdoodle » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:31 pm

najumobi wrote:
Snickerdoodle wrote:Is April 1st a hard deadline for deposits?

I got a full tuition scholarship and they are suddenly looking more attractive than Vandy's 2/3rd scholarship ... but I need some time to decide.
when were you accepted? if after march 10th you have until april 15th to send in your deposit. if you were accepted earlier than you have a tough choice to make very soon. i envy your position. i would easily choose vandy if i were you.

Yeah, Vandy's lay prestige and recent placement stats makes me think it's the winner.

aspettando

New

Post by aspettando » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:41 pm

webbylu87 wrote:are all the non-admitted lurkers on here 3/23ers?
My first/only status update was 3/11.

So, I've been following this thread since the beginning of March and decided it was finally time to participate. In my opinion, those of us waiting for a decision probably won't hear anything until the 5th or 6th. My reasoning is that if they've waited this long already, they are probably waiting to see what their class looks like based on who sends in the deposit by the 1st. After that, it will most likely take a couple of days for them to move people up off of the potential waitlist based on what they need to keep their average GPA/LSAT high, and then we will get the first big round of rejections.
Also, is there anyone else here interested in the Transnational Law Program? Honestly, I don't really give much credence to the whole U.S. News rankings thing, so the TLP is my main draw to WUSTL.

webbylu87

Silver

Post by webbylu87 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:42 pm

aspettando wrote:

So, I've been following this thread since the beginning of March and decided it was finally time to participate. In my opinion, those of us waiting for a decision probably won't hear anything until the 5th or 6th. My reasoning is that if they've waited this long already, they are probably waiting to see what their class looks like based on who sends in the deposit by the 1st. After that, it will most likely take a couple of days for them to move people up off of the potential waitlist based on what they need to keep their average GPA/LSAT high, and then we will get the first big round of rejections.
Also, is there anyone else here interested in the Transnational Law Program? Honestly, I don't really give much credence to the whole U.S. News rankings thing, so the TLP is my main draw to WUSTL.
i'd agree with you on that except that a lot of us received emails stating that they admissions office was looking to get decisions out by april 1st. did you get that email by any chance?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

aspettando

New

Post by aspettando » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:50 pm

webbylu87 wrote:
aspettando wrote:

i'd agree with you on that except that a lot of us received emails stating that they admissions office was looking to get decisions out by april 1st. did you get that email by any chance?
I didn't get that e-mail actually. I really have no idea what that means but I'm going to assume that it isn't good. As to its contents, if they wrote that they hope to have decisions by the 1st, maybe they will. But seeing as they already passed the March 15th deadline by a good margin, I'm guessing they would be willing to wait a couple more days for decisions if it means having more control over their numbers. Then again, at this point, who knows. As of now, I'm just praying that I at least get on the waitlist so I can apply to the TLP and maybe be admitted through that.
Last edited by aspettando on Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:53 pm

webbylu87 wrote:
aspettando wrote:

they said that they "hope" to have all the decisions by then. they actually used the word "hope" so i doubt that it will be done by end of this month. from people who have called in, they stated early april so i think they were just saying that to have us wait.

i agree in that i think they will wait until the 5th or the 6th, or even a week later.

servinDizzert

New

Post by servinDizzert » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:58 pm

Updated Complete 3/5. Is there a consensus on the 3/5 batch?

Rock Chalk

Silver

Post by Rock Chalk » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:03 pm

Last edited by Rock Chalk on Wed May 16, 2012 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

KellyD09

New

Post by KellyD09 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:17 pm

Rock Chalk wrote:
najumobi wrote:when were you accepted? if after march 10th you have until april 15th to send in your deposit. if you were accepted earlier than you have a tough choice to make very soon.
I saw that on their admitted students site, but after getting an email reminder to deposit by the 1st I called to double check and was told that the 1st is indeed the deadline despite what the site says. Anyone else have this same experience. I think we should be absolutely certain before ignoring the April 1st deadline.
I was also notified after MArch 10th... called... and was told the mydeadline is April 1st also. The person on the phone did remind me that the deposit is fully refundable by a certain date however.

meddlingkid

Bronze

Post by meddlingkid » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:24 pm

It's refundable as long as you withdraw before May 1.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:26 pm

meddlingkid wrote:It's refundable as long as you withdraw before May 1.
how does this work in line with the scholarship thing? if you pay the deposit and have a scholarship you have to withdraw if you accept a seat somewhere else?

meddlingkid

Bronze

Post by meddlingkid » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:31 pm

I know some other schools make you, but not sure about WUSTL.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

D-hops

Silver

Post by D-hops » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:40 pm

Withdrew today. Should free up some money.

fl0w

Silver

Post by fl0w » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:42 pm

sibley wrote:
meddlingkid wrote:It's refundable as long as you withdraw before May 1.
how does this work in line with the scholarship thing? if you pay the deposit and have a scholarship you have to withdraw if you accept a seat somewhere else?
you lose your scholly if you have multiple deposits after like June 1 or something. I don't remember the date.

richardhelms

New

Post by richardhelms » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:46 pm

Hey folks - just curious, did anyone who has NOT been admitted yetreceive an E-mail from Dean Bolin today, regarding your acceptance and scholarship award? It was a short form letter, but mentioned that the seat deposit is refundable if WUSTL is contacted before May 1. I called and they said it was a mistake, but man, talk about my heart dropping to the floor. ::sigh::

Encyclopedia Brown

Silver

Post by Encyclopedia Brown » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:04 pm

richardhelms wrote:Hey folks - just curious, did anyone who has NOT been admitted yetreceive an E-mail from Dean Bolin today, regarding your acceptance and scholarship award? It was a short form letter, but mentioned that the seat deposit is refundable if WUSTL is contacted before May 1. I called and they said it was a mistake, but man, talk about my heart dropping to the floor. ::sigh::
Ouch, man, I'm sorry. And I thought the rest of us had it rough. Hopefully you'll get that e-mail for real soon.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:05 pm

richardhelms wrote:Hey folks - just curious, did anyone who has NOT been admitted yetreceive an E-mail from Dean Bolin today, regarding your acceptance and scholarship award? It was a short form letter, but mentioned that the seat deposit is refundable if WUSTL is contacted before May 1. I called and they said it was a mistake, but man, talk about my heart dropping to the floor. ::sigh::
What did it say?

richardhelms

New

Post by richardhelms » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:07 pm

Encyclopedia Brown wrote:
Ouch, man, I'm sorry. And I thought the rest of us had it rough. Hopefully you'll get that e-mail for real soon.
Thanks man. Hoping for the best, but expecting the worst. Crossing my fingers for ya buddy. Wishing everyone the best as the 31st approaches.

chicoalto0649

Silver

Post by chicoalto0649 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:48 pm

Still nothing....man this is some bullllllshit

texaspecial88

Bronze

Post by texaspecial88 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:51 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:Still nothing....man this is some bullllllshit
+1. By the way, your little icon scares me.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

chicoalto0649

Silver

Post by chicoalto0649 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:55 pm

texaspecial88 wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:Still nothing....man this is some bullllllshit
+1. By the way, your little icon scares me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0hRfGe- ... re=related

its dr rockzo the rock and roll clown!

JayCole

New

Post by JayCole » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:52 pm

[Unofficial] Class of 2013 Facebook group for those of you that are interested.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=inf ... 6306047693

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:13 pm

Anyone know how law review works at WUSTL? Is it grades-based, purely a write-on, or some combination of the two?

Llewellyn

New

Post by Llewellyn » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:17 pm

romothesavior wrote:Anyone know how law review works at WUSTL? Is it grades-based, purely a write-on, or some combination of the two?
Top 10% after 1L is complete grades on given a good-faith effort at the writing competition.
The rest get in purely based on the writing competition, ~33% of the class does one of the three journals, I believe.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”