For WUSTL Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
cubswin

Silver

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Post by cubswin » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:27 pm

jks289 wrote:
stratocophic wrote:
Thomas Jefferson wrote:I got a response to my email inquiring about a travel stipend for ASW and was told that I will not be getting one. I also was never told about any consideration for SIL in any correspondence from them. Am I screwed for scholarship money? I got money from Minnesota, so I thought I would get something from WUSTL.
I think the SIL refers to all scholarships, and anyone under consideration had it in the acceptance email. That being said, I would definitely try and use the Minnesota $ to leverage them. You never know.
Yes, I think SIL is a general way of saying "We are thinking about giving you money." I don't think you should assume you aren't getting anything though. You should write them a polite letter explaining the importance of financial considerations and saying you have x amount from Minnesota. You may have to wait until they see who is accepting money offers first though. Good luck.
I was digging through a WUSTL thread from a couple years ago and found the following conversation:
just a girl wrote:Did you get the Scholars in Law award, egrubs?
egrubs wrote:Yeah, I did. I think that's the name they're giving to all of their $25,000; $30,000; and $39,700 scholarships. It's at least the name they give to their $30,000 and $39,700 scholarships.
Nobody confirmed his idea, so it could have been pure conjecture. And even if he was correct then, they could have begun using that name for all scholarships since then.

Thomas Jefferson

Bronze

Post by Thomas Jefferson » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:32 pm

cubswin wrote:
jks289 wrote:
stratocophic wrote:
Thomas Jefferson wrote:I got a response to my email inquiring about a travel stipend for ASW and was told that I will not be getting one. I also was never told about any consideration for SIL in any correspondence from them. Am I screwed for scholarship money? I got money from Minnesota, so I thought I would get something from WUSTL.
I think the SIL refers to all scholarships, and anyone under consideration had it in the acceptance email. That being said, I would definitely try and use the Minnesota $ to leverage them. You never know.
Yes, I think SIL is a general way of saying "We are thinking about giving you money." I don't think you should assume you aren't getting anything though. You should write them a polite letter explaining the importance of financial considerations and saying you have x amount from Minnesota. You may have to wait until they see who is accepting money offers first though. Good luck.
I was digging through a WUSTL thread from a couple years ago and found the following conversation:
just a girl wrote:Did you get the Scholars in Law award, egrubs?
egrubs wrote:Yeah, I did. I think that's the name they're giving to all of their $25,000; $30,000; and $39,700 scholarships. It's at least the name they give to their $30,000 and $39,700 scholarships.
Nobody confirmed his idea, so it could have been pure conjecture. And even if he was correct then, they could have begun using that name for all scholarships since then.
Thanks cubswin. Perhaps there is hope I get some type of money.

lifeaway1985

Bronze

Post by lifeaway1985 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:08 am

My status checker shows that I got completed "again" on 2/4...I got my "first" completion on 12/1... What does it mean???

ndirish2010

Gold

Post by ndirish2010 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:57 am

I was complete on 2/8 and again on 2/10, any chance tomorrow will be decision day? I know they have been releasing decisions on Tuesday afternoons lately...

najumobi

Silver

Post by najumobi » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:34 am

anyone know how far away from st. louis admits have to live in order to the get the $200 asd reimbursement?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

missvik218

Silver

Post by missvik218 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:41 am

For some people updated complete dates means a decision is on its way for others it hasn't meant anything.

Edited: Deleted info on stipend, better answers below.
Last edited by missvik218 on Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sauer Grapes

Silver

Post by Sauer Grapes » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:45 am

Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:47 am

Sauer Grapes wrote:
najumobi wrote:anyone know how far away from st. louis admits have to live in order to the get the $200 asd reimbursement?
IIRC, it was 100 miles or so. You CAN live in MO and still get reimbursed as long as you don't live that close.
+1 on the 100 miles

onetimeonly95

New

Post by onetimeonly95 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:51 am

I remember reading somewhere on this thread that it has to be at least 100 miles. I wish I could verify this. Hth

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

crombot

Bronze

Post by crombot » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:53 am

UGH i hate waiting for the SIL determination! I wonder if they will send it out all at once or not. I already sent them my UIUC offer .....my decision is pretty much hanging on an offer from WUSTL....

missvik218

Silver

Post by missvik218 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:55 am

crombot wrote:UGH i hate waiting for the SIL determination! I wonder if they will send it out all at once or not. I already sent them my UIUC offer .....my decision is pretty much hanging on an offer from WUSTL....
PUPPIES!!!!! Your tar makes me want to say that every time.

I really hope the SIL awards come out this week; I haven't had any news from anyone in 2 weeks ... I'm getting antsy!

crombot

Bronze

Post by crombot » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:08 am

missvik218 wrote:
crombot wrote:UGH i hate waiting for the SIL determination! I wonder if they will send it out all at once or not. I already sent them my UIUC offer .....my decision is pretty much hanging on an offer from WUSTL....
PUPPIES!!!!! Your tar makes me want to say that every time.

I really hope the SIL awards come out this week; I haven't had any news from anyone in 2 weeks ... I'm getting antsy!
HAHA you can say that every time, I'm cool with it. My pup is the cutest though, I say that whenever I see her too! :lol: Once we both get amazing SIL offers and end up in WUSTL, you can meet her!

najumobi

Silver

Post by najumobi » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:36 am

sibley wrote:
Sauer Grapes wrote:
najumobi wrote:anyone know how far away from st. louis admits have to live in order to the get the $200 asd reimbursement?
IIRC, it was 100 miles or so. You CAN live in MO and still get reimbursed as long as you don't live that close.
+1 on the 100 miles
okay great...thanks, you two.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Sauer Grapes

Silver

Post by Sauer Grapes » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:11 pm

Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

turkishangora

Bronze

Post by turkishangora » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:13 pm

what was on the USB? Anything crucial? is the stuff online in the admitted students page too? thanks

DoctorNick189

Bronze

Post by DoctorNick189 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:15 pm

No USB, no SIL award...

stratocophic

Gold

Post by stratocophic » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:17 pm

Sauer Grapes wrote:Also, make sure you got the reimbursement email, otherwise they probably will not reimburse you.

They also stated that they require receipts, so I'm not sure if mileage will be reimbursed or just gas, arline, hotel, rental car, etc. since they have a receipt.

Someone could email and ask if they reimburse mileage.
It's mileage. I got a packet with a parking pass and info on the ASW yesterday, the reimbursement is spelled out in a letter with a standard university expense sheet attached.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

crombot

Bronze

Post by crombot » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:06 pm

How long did it take for you to get the USB packet? I was admitted a month ago, still haven't received anything.

najumobi

Silver

Post by najumobi » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:07 pm

turkishangora wrote:what was on the USB? Anything crucial? is the stuff online in the admitted students page too? thanks
yeah the usb just had stuff that could be found online.

najumobi

Silver

Post by najumobi » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:08 pm

crombot wrote:How long did it take for you to get the USB packet? I was admitted a month ago, still haven't received anything.
I was accepted around the end of november and received my usb packet ~2 weeks ago.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:10 pm

najumobi wrote:
crombot wrote:How long did it take for you to get the USB packet? I was admitted a month ago, still haven't received anything.
I was accepted around the end of november and received my usb packet ~2 weeks ago.
oy.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

camstant

Bronze

Post by camstant » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:15 pm

hmm... I was accepted in nov. also but still haven't gotten anything in the mail...

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:16 pm

camstant wrote:hmm... I was accepted in nov. also but still haven't gotten anything in the mail...

are you sureeeee you got in? =/

najumobi

Silver

Post by najumobi » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:18 pm

camstant wrote:hmm... I was accepted in nov. also but still haven't gotten anything in the mail...
you're really not missing out on anything. noone has received any scholarship packages. that's about the only important thing to expect in the mail from admissions.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:19 pm

najumobi wrote:
you're really not missing out on anything. noone has received any scholarship packages. that's about the only important thing to expect in the mail from admissions.

But it's CUTE! ...I assume.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”