For WUSTL Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
keemos

Bronze

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Post by keemos » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:01 pm

idk since they had a big URM acceptance day recently it could be bad for both us and them. idk my brain is hurting from speculating

fjk88

New

Post by fjk88 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:11 pm

texaspecial88 wrote:Fellow 3/23ers, what are your numbers?
165/3.5/non-urm

chicoalto0649

Silver

Post by chicoalto0649 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:17 pm

Im almost positive the URMs admitted on monday were waiting for a while for decisions.

I mean they applied before January...correct me if im wrong

Andrew the Wolverine

Bronze

Post by Andrew the Wolverine » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:19 pm

I still can't figure out if being Cuban is worth anything. I have heard conflicting reports, does it differ between schools? Does anybody know what WashU admin people think about it?

chicoalto0649

Silver

Post by chicoalto0649 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:24 pm

Andrew the Wolverine wrote:I still can't figure out if being Cuban is worth anything. I have heard conflicting reports, does it differ between schools? Does anybody know what WashU admin people think about it?
Did they have a box that specifically asked for Cuban on the app?

I think they did but that was to make sure that people who were actually Cuban didn't try to pretend to be mexican or puerto rican.... jk jk

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Andrew the Wolverine

Bronze

Post by Andrew the Wolverine » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:26 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
Andrew the Wolverine wrote:I still can't figure out if being Cuban is worth anything. I have heard conflicting reports, does it differ between schools? Does anybody know what WashU admin people think about it?
Did they have a box that specifically asked for Cuban on the app?

I think they did but that was to make sure that people who were actually Cuban didn't try to pretend to be mexican or puerto rican.... jk jk
Lol yes I checked the box for Cuban, which makes me think they care about the differences between particular Hispanics. Some apps just have "Hispanic" or "Not Hispanic", but WashU had "chicano/mexican" "cuban" and "puerto rican" and "other"

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:26 pm

if you don't send me your mom's bread recipe when I visit on Tuesday I'm gonna tell them to not let in Andrew, this hair wolf-like Cuban kid.

Andrew the Wolverine

Bronze

Post by Andrew the Wolverine » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:28 pm

sibley wrote:
if you don't send me your mom's bread recipe when I visit on Tuesday I'm gonna tell them to not let in Andrew, this hair wolf-like Cuban kid.
I don't think she's ever made Cuban bread, but she does make a damn good ropa vieja...

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:29 pm

Andrew the Wolverine wrote:
sibley wrote:
I don't think she's ever made Cuban bread, but she does make a damn good ropa vieja...
old clothes?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

chicoalto0649

Silver

Post by chicoalto0649 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:30 pm

sibley wrote:
sibley wrote:
old clothes?

its a shredded pork dish indigenous to cuba- it is quite delightful actually. But yes the literal translation is old clothes

Andrew the Wolverine

Bronze

Post by Andrew the Wolverine » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:30 pm

sibley wrote:
sibley wrote:
old clothes?
That's the literal English translation, but it's a dish made with shredded meat, so it looks like old, ratty clothes.

Andrew the Wolverine

Bronze

Post by Andrew the Wolverine » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:31 pm

Wow, we posted basically the same exact message at the same time. Jinx.
Last edited by Andrew the Wolverine on Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chicoalto0649

Silver

Post by chicoalto0649 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:32 pm

Andrew the Wolverine wrote:Wow, we posted basically the same exact message at the same exact second. Jinx.
did we just become best friends?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:33 pm

glad my spanish is still semi-existent . I really love cuban food. I always just go with pollo con arroz. with the cuban bread and some plantains. My dad lives in Key West. whenever I'm there or in Miami all I want is Cuban.

Andrew the Wolverine

Bronze

Post by Andrew the Wolverine » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:33 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
Andrew the Wolverine wrote:Wow, we posted basically the same exact message at the same exact second. Jinx.
did we just become best friends?
TLSBFF4EVA. Oh god, I'm a 14 year old girl. Nooooooooooo.

webbylu87

Silver

Post by webbylu87 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:33 pm

So I'm assuming if us 3/23ers for some reason are admitted, how are people feeling about the sticker price at Wash U? I'm a bit apprehensive...

chicoalto0649

Silver

Post by chicoalto0649 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:52 pm

webbylu87 wrote:So I'm assuming if us 3/23ers for some reason are admitted, how are people feeling about the sticker price at Wash U? I'm a bit apprehensive...

Someone has to pay for the kids given 117,000k for 3 years... :roll:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Andrew the Wolverine

Bronze

Post by Andrew the Wolverine » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:55 pm

webbylu87 wrote:So I'm assuming if us 3/23ers for some reason are admitted, how are people feeling about the sticker price at Wash U? I'm a bit apprehensive...
I'd pay sticker price tomorrow if they admitted me.

and the beast

New

Post by and the beast » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:57 pm

hahaha same. i'd give them anything they'd want at this point.

MissLucky

Silver

Post by MissLucky » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:02 pm

and the beast wrote:
hahaha same. i'd give them anything they'd want at this point.
+1

emorystud2010

Bronze

Post by emorystud2010 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:03 pm

Last edited by emorystud2010 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

najumobi

Silver

Post by najumobi » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:04 pm

i'll probably be going to wustl. i think wustl is in the category of the schools that aren't worth sticker.......i know many people say no school outisde of yhs is worth sticker but i don't think that's just ridiculous. for me, schools all the way down to texas/vandy/ucla/usc are worth sticker.

najumobi

Silver

Post by najumobi » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:04 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:

Someone has to pay for the kids given 117,000k for 3 years... :roll:
haha.

adrib

Bronze

Post by adrib » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:04 pm

emorystud2010 wrote:I feel like this could be a good list. I'd have to say i'd give up my first born child, the option for any soda for the rest of my life, and my left pinkie finger to start with.
i promised UT my firstborn on some thread in here, and they let me in. COINCIDENCE?? i think not.

webbylu87

Silver

Post by webbylu87 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:07 pm

najumobi wrote:

i'll probably be going to wustl. i think wustl is in the category of the schools that aren't worth sticker.......i know many people say no school outisde of yhs is worth sticker but i don't think that's just ridiculous. for me, schools all the way down to texas/vandy/ucla/usc are worth sticker.
just to clarify, you think WUSTL isn't worth sticker?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”