For WUSTL Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
meddlingkid

Bronze

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Post by meddlingkid » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:19 pm

mazzini wrote:So, with people beginning to withdraw would it be reasonable for those of us who are pretty well set on attending to ask for more scholarship aid? I was denied a request but that was sent back on the first of April. I'm debating whether or not it's worth my effort.
I doubt much has changed in the last 14 days. If you do send another request, I would send it after the second deposit deadline when they have a clearer idea as to who is attending.

newyorklaw23

New

Post by newyorklaw23 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:46 am

Is an email withdrawal acceptable? They mentioned that it must be in writing....

dvd

Bronze

Post by dvd » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:50 am

`
Last edited by dvd on Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

newyorklaw23

New

Post by newyorklaw23 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:57 am

dvd wrote:
newyorklaw23 wrote:Is an email withdrawal acceptable? They mentioned that it must be in writing....
Who cares? You are withdrawing.

I want to make sure i do it the correct way so I can get my $200 back.

Sauer Grapes

Silver

Post by Sauer Grapes » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:00 pm

newyorklaw23 wrote:
dvd wrote:
newyorklaw23 wrote:Is an email withdrawal acceptable? They mentioned that it must be in writing....
Who cares? You are withdrawing.

I want to make sure i do it the correct way so I can get my $200 back.
I would send a certified letter to make sure you get the money back. If you hadn't deposited, I'd say just email.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:33 am

so are the hold list and the wait list screwed?

NU_Jet55

Silver

Post by NU_Jet55 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:39 am

finalaspects wrote:so are the hold list and the wait list screwed?
It's possible, but nobody really knows. We'll have a better idea sometime after May 1st.

Encyclopedia Brown

Silver

Post by Encyclopedia Brown » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:40 am

Good question to start a new page on. If you had told me at the beginning of my cycle that a school (more than one, actually) would wait until May to give me a real decision, I would have thought you were kidding. Now I'm just hoping I squeak in by some miracle.

I have no idea if we're screwed, though. They did mention that they received a bunch of deposits, but that thing's refundable, so who knows.

expungemalice

New

Post by expungemalice » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:26 pm

how does one confirm receipt of a LOCI if the admissions office isn't answering their phones?

does getting in off of one of the 'lists' generally mean that you'll be offered admission for sticker price?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

jks289

Silver

Post by jks289 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:30 pm

NU_Jet55 wrote:
It's possible, but nobody really knows. We'll have a better idea sometime after May 1st.
I would wait until May 1st before giving up hope. It sounds like a lot of people are cashing in the deposit refund. Though they sent that unfriendly email to everyone who put down a deposit basically saying "You can leave if you want to." (I'm sure that was already posted but I haven't kept up on the thread).

NU_Jet55

Silver

Post by NU_Jet55 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:32 pm

expungemalice wrote:how does one confirm receipt of a LOCI if the admissions office isn't answering their phones?

does getting in off of one of the 'lists' generally mean that you'll be offered admission for sticker price?
Question 1. The best thing to do is wait and call back until somebody does answer the phone. Sending another e-mail would be banging your head against a wall, and most schools don't send LOCI Receipt confirmations anyways.

Question 2. It depends.

FFR, The answer for question 2 is TCR in nearly all scenarios regarding law school.

HTH

expungemalice

New

Post by expungemalice » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:40 pm

what is FFR, TCR, and HTH, are there english equivalents for these acronyms?

NU_Jet55

Silver

Post by NU_Jet55 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:47 pm

expungemalice wrote:what is FFR, TCR, and HTH, are there english equivalents for these acronyms?
Acronyms...For Future Reference, The Credited Response, and Hope This Helps

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

NU_Jet55

Silver

Post by NU_Jet55 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:48 pm

jks289 wrote:Though they sent that unfriendly email to everyone who put down a deposit basically saying "You can leave if you want to."
Could you plz post that e-mail?

jks289

Silver

Post by jks289 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:05 pm

NU_Jet55 wrote:
jks289 wrote:Though they sent that unfriendly email to everyone who put down a deposit basically saying "You can leave if you want to."
"Thank you for making your first deposit and reserving your seat in our incoming class. We appreciate your continued interest in Washington U Law. As a reminder, if you let us know before May 1 that you will not be attending Washington U Law, your first deposit is refundable.

As always, please let us know if we may be of any assistance as you make your final decision about law school.

Best wishes,
Washington U Law Admissions Office"

Everyone got that email who deposited. Most people understood it is mean "We may have overenrolled, so remember you can always change your mind... please." Just seemed like a weird email to send to students who had just put $200 in the mail. Hardly a "Welcome to WUSTL!!"

NU_Jet55

Silver

Post by NU_Jet55 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:13 pm

jks289 wrote:"Thank you for making your first deposit and reserving your seat in our incoming class. We appreciate your continued interest in Washington U Law. As a reminder, if you let us know before May 1 that you will not be attending Washington U Law, your first deposit is refundable.

As always, please let us know if we may be of any assistance as you make your final decision about law school.

Best wishes,

Everyone got that email who deposited. Most people understood it is mean "We may have overenrolled, so remember you can always change your mind... please." Just seemed like a weird email to send to students who had just put $200 in the mail. Hardly a "Welcome to WUSTL!!"

I think I interpret it more as a "if you're going to break up with me, please do it soon, because I know other people that are interested, and I don't want to ruin my chances with them if you're going to dump me anyways. Kthxluvyoubye"
Last edited by NU_Jet55 on Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

najumobi

Silver

Post by najumobi » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:13 pm

jks289 wrote:
NU_Jet55 wrote:
"Thank you for making your first deposit and reserving your seat in our incoming class. We appreciate your continued interest in Washington U Law. As a reminder, if you let us know before May 1 that you will not be attending Washington U Law, your first deposit is refundable.

Best wishes,

Dear najumobi,

This email confirms receipt of your $200 online deposit. We look forward to welcoming you to the Class of 2013 this fall!

Sincerely,
Admissions, Washington University School of Law
:P

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

jks289

Silver

Post by jks289 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:15 pm

najumobi wrote:
jks289 wrote:
NU_Jet55 wrote:

Best wishes,

Dear najumobi,

This email confirms receipt of your $200 online deposit. We look forward to welcoming you to the Class of 2013 this fall!

Sincerely,
:)

Yes I got both emails too. The "Welcome to Wash U" right after I sent it in. And then this last week. You didn't recieve the second email April 15? It looks like most people in the WUSTL 2013 thread did.

NU_Jet55

Silver

Post by NU_Jet55 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:15 pm

najumobi wrote:
jks289 wrote:
NU_Jet55 wrote:

Best wishes,

Dear najumobi,

Sincerely,
:P
Weird.

gmichaelbluth

Bronze

Post by gmichaelbluth » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:16 pm

Anybody get their ASW stipend yet? I've sent emails and called and heard nothing.

najumobi

Silver

Post by najumobi » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:16 pm

NU_Jet55 wrote:
jks289 wrote:"Thank you for making your first deposit and reserving your seat in our incoming class. We appreciate your continued interest in Washington U Law. As a reminder, if you let us know before May 1 that you will not be attending Washington U Law, your first deposit is refundable.

Best wishes,

I think I interpret it more as a "if you're going to break up with me, please do it soon, because I know other people that are interested, and I don't want to ruin my chances with them if you're going to dump me anyways. Kthxluvyoubye"
i think someone here called them and was told that they were overenrolled.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

jks289

Silver

Post by jks289 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:16 pm

gmichaelbluth wrote:Anybody get their ASW stipend yet? I've sent emails and called and heard nothing.
Nope, I mailed mine in a while ago and got no response.

Stephanie13

Bronze

Post by Stephanie13 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:17 pm

jks289 wrote:
najumobi wrote:
jks289 wrote:
NU_Jet55 wrote:

Best wishes,

Dear najumobi,

Sincerely,
:)

Yes I got both emails too. The "Welcome to Wash U" right after I sent it in. And then this last week. You didn't recieve the second email April 15? It looks like most people in the WUSTL 2013 thread did.
I didn't receive the the second email either. What did it say?

NU_Jet55

Silver

Post by NU_Jet55 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:18 pm

najumobi wrote:
NU_Jet55 wrote:

Best wishes,

i think someone here called them and was told that they were overenrolled.
Of course they are, just like every other school and every other school's dog is overenrolled. Wait until May; we'll see just how "overenrolled" they are then.

jks289

Silver

Post by jks289 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:21 pm

Stephanie13 wrote: I didn't receive the the second email either. What did it say?
first email was the "Thanks for the deposit. Welcome to WashU." It came like 10 minutes after the online deposit on the 1st. Then there was (for me and at least a few people on the WUSTL 2013 thread) a second email reminding us we could still withdraw, on the 15th. I had assumed everyone received it, but maybe they just sent it to people they didn't like so much or thought planned on leaving anyway?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”