For WUSTL Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sibley

Gold

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Post by sibley » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:23 am

Chupavida wrote:170 with not a peep since September.

Maybe you should call them... unless your GPA is hell I can't see them still deliberating on you - it took them about a month for me and my GPA's not that great.

missvik218

Silver

Post by missvik218 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:59 am

sibley wrote:
Chupavida wrote:170 with not a peep since September.
Maybe you should call them... unless your GPA is hell I can't see them still deliberating on you - it took them about a month for me and my GPA's not that great.
You really really should ... I had a friend last year apply with a 170/3.8 never heard anything from them, finally he called, they had lost his application.

ndirish2010

Gold

Post by ndirish2010 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:06 am

Just noticed I went complete yesterday...hoping for a quick decision!

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:16 pm

ndirish2010 wrote:Just noticed I went complete yesterday...hoping for a quick decision!
when did you apply? i just received my status check but my status says incomplete. I'm not sure if there is anything missing from my file, or just that i recently applied so they haven't completely added all my files.

Do they have a step between complete and decision? Such as "in review"? Also are decisions made through snail mail, status checker or email?

Thanks for your help guys.

luckyjd

Bronze

Post by luckyjd » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:08 pm

finalaspects wrote:
ndirish2010 wrote:Just noticed I went complete yesterday...hoping for a quick decision!
when did you apply? i just received my status check but my status says incomplete. I'm not sure if there is anything missing from my file, or just that i recently applied so they haven't completely added all my files.

Do they have a step between complete and decision? Such as "in review"? Also are decisions made through snail mail, status checker or email?

Thanks for your help guys.
No "in review" ... you get either a decision, silence, or a series of nerve-wrecking updated "complete" dates (see this thread history)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:12 pm

luckyjd wrote: No "in review" ... you get either a decision, silence, or a series of nerve-wrecking updated "complete" dates (see this thread history)
thanks... yea i've been reading the past pages. that one person though who got accepted within 8 days is almost hard to believe...

everyone whose still waiting for a decision after changing complete dates a couple of times.. do you guys have great LSAT scores as well? 167+ that is? seems like WUSTL only aims for high LSAT scores...

dnesto01

New

Post by dnesto01 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:13 pm

Hey All,

Had a quick question. I was accepted to Wash U. with a note stating that I am being considered for Scholars in Law scholarship. Live more than 100 miles from Wash U. but did not get a note at the bottom of my "admitted students day email" stating that they would pay for my travel. Anyone know how they decide who gets it? Is it worth calling them about this?

luckyjd

Bronze

Post by luckyjd » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:15 pm

dnesto01 wrote:Hey All,

Had a quick question. I was accepted to Wash U. with a note stating that I am being considered for Scholars in Law scholarship. Live more than 100 miles from Wash U. but did not get a note at the bottom of my "admitted students day email" stating that they would pay for my travel. Anyone know how they decide who gets it? Is it worth calling them about this?
No one knows. Question was asked before, too, you can probably try calling. Worst case is you waste a couple of minutes on your cell phone plan this month. :)

jks289

Silver

Post by jks289 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:26 pm

luckyjd wrote:
dnesto01 wrote:Hey All,

No one knows. Question was asked before, too, you can probably try calling. Worst case is you waste a couple of minutes on your cell phone plan this month. :)
It wasn't in the admitted student day email, it was in the bulletin board email, at the bottom.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

BlankC

New

Post by BlankC » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:42 pm

finalaspects wrote:
BlankC wrote: Do they have a status checker, because I never got one? I just assumed they didn't send any notifications until they made a decision, since that's what happened for me. I was pretty mad until now because I thought they just lol'd off my application and weren't bothering to acknowledge its receipt.

I also have no advisory in the email I got about by when I need to give a seat deposit or officially withdraw. Will I get one later?
wow how did you get notified? email? also do you mind sharing your GPA? great lsat btw and congrats!
I missed this, sorry.

And I promise I'm not trolling. I thought my father was trolling me when he called me because I hadn't seen the email yet. :oops:

My mother forwarded an email she received(permanent contact info slot on LSAC common app) to me and my father.

GPA 3.36 to 3.50 depending on whether or not you factor in a near 4.0 Junior year abroad. Around 3.36 without, which is what LSAC reported in their GPA main number. My junior year was reported on a separate foreign transcript evaluation sheet(s).

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:46 pm

BlankC wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
BlankC wrote: Do they have a status checker, because I never got one? I just assumed they didn't send any notifications until they made a decision, since that's what happened for me. I was pretty mad until now because I thought they just lol'd off my application and weren't bothering to acknowledge its receipt.

I also have no advisory in the email I got about by when I need to give a seat deposit or officially withdraw. Will I get one later?
wow how did you get notified? email? also do you mind sharing your GPA? great lsat btw and congrats!
I missed this, sorry.

And I promise I'm not trolling. I thought my father was trolling me when he called me because I hadn't seen the email yet. :oops:

My mother forwarded an email she received(permanent contact info slot on LSAC common app) to me and my father.

GPA 3.36 to 3.50 depending on whether or not you factor in a near 4.0 Junior year abroad. Around 3.36 without, which is what LSAC reported in their GPA main number. My junior year was reported on a separate foreign transcript evaluation sheet(s).
thanks for you response. that makes sense though with your GPA and LSAT to get accepted. congrats again!

JayTal

Bronze

Post by JayTal » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:50 pm

So I was accepted back in Dec and just received my admitted student flash drive. There is a ton of information on it, but no mention of a scholarship. I was just curious if anyone had received scholarship info on their flash drive or if that was to follow later.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:56 pm

JayTal wrote:So I was accepted back in Dec and just received my admitted student flash drive. There is a ton of information on it, but no mention of a scholarship. I was just curious if anyone had received scholarship info on their flash drive or if that was to follow later.
I don't think it would be on the flash drive. That would require them customizing so many drives whereas now I assume the files are delivered on the drives to them and they don't do it themselves.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

missvik218

Silver

Post by missvik218 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:02 pm

sibley wrote:
JayTal wrote:So I was accepted back in Dec and just received my admitted student flash drive. There is a ton of information on it, but no mention of a scholarship. I was just curious if anyone had received scholarship info on their flash drive or if that was to follow later.
I don't think it would be on the flash drive. That would require them customizing so many drives whereas now I assume the files are delivered on the drives to them and they don't do it themselves.
On the Checklist For Admitted Students it says scholarship awards will take place between Feb-May. Someone asked the admissions office a week or so ago and were told the first round would be notified on or around 2/15, so we will not find out until sometime next week it sounds like.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:05 pm

missvik218 wrote:
sibley wrote:
On the Checklist For Admitted Students it says scholarship awards will take place between Feb-May. Someone asked the admissions office a week or so ago and were told the first round would be notified on or around 2/15, so we will not find out until sometime next week it sounds like.

ugh. may? are they kidding? some of us are planning on picking a school based on aid...

missvik218

Silver

Post by missvik218 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:07 pm

sibley wrote:
missvik218 wrote: On the Checklist For Admitted Students it says scholarship awards will take place between Feb-May. Someone asked the admissions office a week or so ago and were told the first round would be notified on or around 2/15, so we will not find out until sometime next week it sounds like.
ugh. may? are they kidding? some of us are planning on picking a school based on aid...
They probably just leave that wide of a window for people accepted off the WL and for redistributing scholarships once people withdraw or don't send in their deposits on April 1st. I'm sure if you're admitted already you should hear about any initial scholarship information by the end of March, assuming they actually start next week.

stratocophic

Gold

Post by stratocophic » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:09 pm

Just got an email from santtta clara telling me it's not too late to apply even though its past their app deadline. All I saw was the word admissions in their email address and my heart stopped. HATE

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

nyyankees

Bronze

Post by nyyankees » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:10 pm

dear wustl,

Send me the flash drive.

Thanks,
nyyankees

missvik218

Silver

Post by missvik218 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:11 pm

nyyankees wrote:dear wustl,

Send me the flash drive.

Thanks,
nyyankees
I just got mine today (dated 2/4/10), I'm sure it's on it's way!!

mrm2083

Bronze

Post by mrm2083 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:12 pm

lol the same thing just happened to me... Can we compile a list of people with numbers that should get in to WUSTL and are still in limbo so we all feel better. I'll start:

171/3.43
2/4 and still nothing

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:12 pm

mrm2083 wrote:lol the same thing just happened to me... Can we compile a list of people with numbers that should get in to WUSTL and are still in limbo so we all feel better. I'll start:

171/3.43
2/4 and still nothing
complete 2/4 or Decision Rendered?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

D. H2Oman

Platinum

Post by D. H2Oman » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:13 pm

mrm2083 wrote:lol the same thing just happened to me... Can we compile a list of people with numbers that should get in to WUSTL and are still in limbo so we all feel better. I'll start:

171/3.43 (2/4)
172/2.8 (2/3)

I think I count

missvik218

Silver

Post by missvik218 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:13 pm

D. H2Oman wrote:

171/3.43 (2/4)
172/2.8 (2/3)

I think I count
I think you do too!

stratocophic

Gold

Post by stratocophic » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:15 pm

D. H2Oman wrote:

171/3.43 (2/4)
172/2.8 (2/3)
175/3.21 (2/3)
C'mon. I'm an engineer. I can haz autoadmit plz?

D. H2Oman

Platinum

Post by D. H2Oman » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:17 pm

missvik218 wrote:
D. H2Oman wrote:

171/3.43 (2/4)
172/2.8 (2/3)

I think I count
I think you do too!
Thanks MissV, any chance you can pull some strings for me?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”