For WUSTL Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Unknownsou

New

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Post by Unknownsou » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:39 pm

Held :-/

But I guess that means I'm technically still a candidate. Was anyone not held or waitlisted or denied? Or to rephrase, has anyone not heard anything?

NU_Jet55

Silver

Post by NU_Jet55 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:40 pm

:'( why have I not heard anything??? Any guesses?

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:40 pm

computersareafad wrote:WL earlier this afternoon. Anyone have any idea about how many people they accept from the waitlist every year?
here's what i'm thinking: initial deposits are due tomorrow, so a few WL spots will open up at that time (unless everyone takes advantage of the refund policy, in which case more applications are likely to be held). but, because the first deposit is refundable, it's likely that most WL spots won't open up until after May 1, when the 2nd deposit is due. until then it's really hard to tell how many spots their will be, especially this cycle.

LincolnSquare

New

Post by LincolnSquare » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:41 pm

Unknownsou wrote:Held :-/

But I guess that means I'm technically still a candidate. Was anyone not held or waitlisted or denied? Or to rephrase, has anyone not heard anything?

2/22er here. Haven't heard anything (yet) today

J-tow10

Bronze

Post by J-tow10 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:42 pm

Just got the WL e-mail. A bit shocked since I was expecting a ding. I'm sensing a pattern to my cycle...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

akili

Gold

Post by akili » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:43 pm

Waitlist here. I'm pretty pleased with my late app/mediocre stats.

chicoalto0649

Silver

Post by chicoalto0649 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:44 pm

Got the "No decision made yet".....so I guess that's a hold. Better than a straight up reject hammer

NVM...didnt read the other pages- just got waitlisted- not held
Last edited by chicoalto0649 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

najumobi

Silver

Post by najumobi » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:45 pm

waitingfor1L wrote:Does held mean you can still be rejected? Like you could still be either... wl, in, or out? Is it just buying admissions more time?
yeah i think being held means you can still be rejected.

kswiss

Bronze

Post by kswiss » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:45 pm

Held. So is there an explicit Waitlist email, or do all of the people that were held just interpret the text differently.

Also, a very nice email. Good writing skills up in that admissions office.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

najumobi

Silver

Post by najumobi » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:45 pm

kswiss wrote:Held. So is there an explicit Waitlist email, or do all of the people that were held just interpret the text differently.

Also, a very nice email. Good writing skills up in that admissions office.
there were two different emails sent. one for hold, one for waitlist

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:46 pm

najumobi wrote:
waitingfor1L wrote:Does held mean you can still be rejected? Like you could still be either... wl, in, or out? Is it just buying admissions more time?
being held and waitlisted could still mean one can be rejected. but im guessing held is more of a priority?

TTTennis

Bronze

Post by TTTennis » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:47 pm

Waitlisted. I'm the king of waitlists, if I can get a couple more I think I will hold some sort of record.

kswiss

Bronze

Post by kswiss » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:47 pm

Also, I doubt that holds will --> rejections. If you were on the fence between WL and reject, it seems that they would have plenty of WL candidates without having to spend additional time on decisions for candidates that unlikely to get in.

But that is also wishful thinking, since I'm an extreme splitter.

The email said something like "we would like to admit you, but we aren't sure what our class looks like yet." So it didn't seem like a soft reject.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Unknownsou

New

Post by Unknownsou » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:47 pm

najumobi wrote:
That's probably correct... because otherwise, how would it be different than an accept?

Maaaan, I really hope I get in.

Andrew the Wolverine

Bronze

Post by Andrew the Wolverine » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:47 pm

Am I to interpret this email as meaning "we admitted too many students, and but for that, you would have been admitted also." Does this mean that if we "held" people applied Day 1 this fall, then we'd likely be admits?

fl0w

Silver

Post by fl0w » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:49 pm

you can still be WL in or out as a result of hold.

Unknownsou

New

Post by Unknownsou » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:50 pm

Andrew the Wolverine wrote:Am I to interpret this email as meaning "we admitted too many students, and but for that, you would have been admitted also." Does this mean that if we "held" people applied Day 1 this fall, then we'd likely be admits?
It's pointless to ponder these sorts of questions at this point, but yeah, prolly. Cuz we rock :high fives:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Encyclopedia Brown

Silver

Post by Encyclopedia Brown » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:51 pm

Andrew the Wolverine wrote:Am I to interpret this email as meaning "we admitted too many students, and but for that, you would have been admitted also." Does this mean that if we "held" people applied Day 1 this fall, then we'd likely be admits?
I don't know, I applied pretty early and still got held.

On a separate note, to anyone that's filled out the "hold" form online already: Until what date did you indicate you wanted to remain on the holdlist? I don't know what to put. I thought about typing "the day you admit me."

Andrew the Wolverine

Bronze

Post by Andrew the Wolverine » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:52 pm

Encyclopedia Brown wrote:

On a separate note, to anyone that's filled out the "hold" form online already: Until what date did you indicate you wanted to remain on the holdlist? I don't know what to put. I thought about typing "the day you admit me."
I put August 1, 2010. No particular reason, other than if I don't hear a decision by then, I won't be going there.

stratocophic

Gold

Post by stratocophic » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:52 pm

Unknownsou wrote:
najumobi wrote:
That's probably correct... because otherwise, how would it be different than an accept?

Maaaan, I really hope I get in.
Much, much more likely to result in a WL than a rejection. Being held at this point implies they're keeping you around for the inevitable lack of deposits. If a person didn't get in outright after being held, my guess is that they'd top the waitlist.

Unknownsou

New

Post by Unknownsou » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:53 pm

I put August 1st.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

fl0w

Silver

Post by fl0w » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:54 pm

Encyclopedia Brown wrote:

you can try submitting it leaving that date blank. that's what i did for ND. if the date is not a required field they will just keep you on the list.

FunkyJD

Silver

Post by FunkyJD » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:55 pm

WL +1. Friendly note. Classy. Will ride the WL for now.

chicoalto0649

Silver

Post by chicoalto0649 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:56 pm

Anyone wanna compile a list of the stats for those held vs those with a pure waitlist?

bstrunk

New

Post by bstrunk » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:58 pm

Waitlisted.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”