For WUSTL Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
D. H2Oman

Platinum

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Post by D. H2Oman » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:27 pm

sibley wrote:
nyyankees wrote:
camstant wrote: +1 In talking with some current students it sounds like a lot of students look for big jobs outside of the midwest. But it may also be that the big chicago market is tougher because of UofC, NW, UIUC...
How are UofC, NW and UIUC any more competition than Columbia, NYU and Fordham? Plus a ton of t14 people flock to ny, which seems like less the case for chicago

Those schools are actually in the city in question. That's how.
Huh......ummmmmm........huh.....ummmmm. Okaaaay

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:32 pm

nyyankees wrote:
sibley wrote:
nyyankees wrote:How are UofC, NU and UIUC any more competition than Columbia, NYU and Fordham? Plus a ton of t14 people flock to ny, which seems like less the case for chicago

huh? Am i missing something? I was under the impression that out of the 6 schools named above the only one not in its respective city proper is UIUC
Oh I see your point. I originally meant that they came from NY and CA, and the point of that was not that they NY kids would be most interested in practicing in NYC. It was that they'd be likely to go back to their own regions to find jobs. NYers are likely go to back to the mid-atlantic, not just NYC (I'm from NY. I don't live in NYC.) Californians have a variety of cities to choose from, many of which, like the mid-atlantic states, have limited law school options. Chicago is one city... with a couple schools that surpass WashU's ranking.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:33 pm

nyyankees wrote:
sibley wrote:
nyyankees wrote:How are UofC, NU and UIUC any more competition than Columbia, NYU and Fordham? Plus a ton of t14 people flock to ny, which seems like less the case for chicago

huh? Am i missing something? I was under the impression that out of the 6 schools named above the only one not in its respective city proper is UIUC
WUSTL also faces competition from Loyola, DePaul, and ChiKent.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:35 pm

So they said the SIL people would be hearing soon... has anyone heard yet?

And what about people who are considered but might not get it? When do those/we hear?

autarkh

Bronze

Post by autarkh » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:53 pm

I haven't heard yet. I've been in for a little over a week.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

nyyankees

Bronze

Post by nyyankees » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:53 pm

Could this friggin USB take any longer to get here? This is one of the first things I have that annoy me about the school, but it seems silly to get hung up on this. For those of you that got the USB drive, can you post/PM dates accepted?

maybe at this point they will just send me the USB with a scholly offer...that would be sweet.

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:03 pm

nyyankees wrote:Could this friggin USB take any longer to get here? This is one of the first things I have that annoy me about the school, but it seems silly to get hung up on this. For those of you that got the USB drive, can you post/PM dates accepted?

maybe at this point they will just send me the USB with a scholly offer...that would be sweet.
Still no USB for me either =(

vanstone22

Bronze

Post by vanstone22 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:07 pm

I've been reading that STL firms are "skeptical" of WUSTL grads due to their desire to work/live elsewhere. Is there any merit to this or is it all hearsay?

I vote B.S.

jmaan

Bronze

Post by jmaan » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:07 pm

sibley wrote:
nyyankees wrote:Could this friggin USB take any longer to get here? This is one of the first things I have that annoy me about the school, but it seems silly to get hung up on this. For those of you that got the USB drive, can you post/PM dates accepted?

+1

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

najumobi

Silver

Post by najumobi » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:31 pm

vanstone22 wrote:I've been reading that STL firms are "skeptical" of WUSTL grads due to their desire to work/live elsewhere. Is there any merit to this or is it all hearsay?

I vote B.S.
i've heard from one student that if you really want to work in st. louis just try to work there during your first summer. employers will be less skeptical if you show early interest.

nyyankees

Bronze

Post by nyyankees » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:35 pm

jmaan wrote:
sibley wrote:

+1
grrr +1 again

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:13 pm

nyyankees wrote:
jmaan wrote:
sibley wrote:

+1
grrr +1 again
Yeah =(

texaspecial88

Bronze

Post by texaspecial88 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:34 pm

Did anyone ever find out what the random change from complete to 2/4 means?

bizarre...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

MBZags

Silver

Post by MBZags » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:58 pm

For those who have been to the Admitted Students Day, what times did it start and end?

luckyjd

Bronze

Post by luckyjd » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:45 pm

MBZags wrote:For those who have been to the Admitted Students Day, what times did it start and end?
I haven't attended but I think the website said expect it to be 9-5.

stratocophic

Gold

Post by stratocophic » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:09 pm

IN!!! 1/27 1/29 2/3 updates, I got the USB packet today, and I never received an accepted email. Pretty sure the package came Friday or Saturday and our worthless campus post office didn't process it on the day it came, since there's no mail running today. Don't lose hope if you haven't gotten an acceptance email fellow 2/3 updaters!

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:12 pm

stratocophic wrote:IN!!! 1/27 1/29 2/3 updates, I got the USB packet today, and I never received an accepted email. Pretty sure the package came Friday or Saturday and our worthless campus post office didn't process it on the day it came, since there's no mail running today. Don't lose hope if you haven't gotten an acceptance email fellow 2/3 updaters!
How about you make sure that doesn't have my name on it? Got the accepted email but still waiting for my flash drive...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

pappyjohnson

New

Post by pappyjohnson » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:17 pm

I am complete since 9/15/2009. No movement since I received the email about status check availability. Is there anyone out there in even remotely the same boat, or am I right to feel like I'm in a strange situation here?

webbylu87

Silver

Post by webbylu87 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:18 pm

sandiecohen47 wrote:
sibley wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:Am I the only god dammed person without a status update?? Still complete at 1/5...not a peep since I went complete
looks like it! =D
Um, try no status update since 12/16. I think I win.
No, I win. Complete since 12/10 and I was told I probably won't hear until mid to late March. Below median LSAT and no GPA, FTW.

pappyjohnson

New

Post by pappyjohnson » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:22 pm

Again, 9/15.

Snoopy1216

Bronze

Post by Snoopy1216 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:22 pm

pappyjohnson wrote:I am complete since 9/15/2009. No movement since I received the email about status check availability. Is there anyone out there in even remotely the same boat, or am I right to feel like I'm in a strange situation here?
Wow... Idk... Did you call? :shock: Or better yet, did you send an LOCI? :shock: I really don't know that's insane. :shock: Perhaps they are still deciding though, so I don't believe we should lose ALL hope.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

stratocophic

Gold

Post by stratocophic » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:25 pm

sibley wrote:
stratocophic wrote:IN!!! 1/27 1/29 2/3 updates, I got the USB packet today, and I never received an accepted email. Pretty sure the package came Friday or Saturday and our worthless campus post office didn't process it on the day it came, since there's no mail running today. Don't lose hope if you haven't gotten an acceptance email fellow 2/3 updaters!
How about you make sure that doesn't have my name on it? Got the accepted email but still waiting for my flash drive...
Very strange... must be a result of snowpocalypse in your case. Maybe call and ask if it's been sent? WUSTL's admissions officers are extremely nice.

Snowpocalypse doesn't explain why I never got the email, and I'm pretty sure the last two solid weeks of worrying have cost me a year off of my life. Oh well, first decision FTW!

webbylu87

Silver

Post by webbylu87 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:28 pm

pappyjohnson wrote:Again, 9/15.
I rescind my previous boasting. Apologies. I suppose this is the downside to a non-rolling admissions policy.

blackmamba76

Bronze

Post by blackmamba76 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:29 pm

Just got "Application complete" 2/11, but I did a Feb LSAT retake and attached an addendum stating that with my app. What should I expect next please?

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:33 pm

najumobi wrote:
vanstone22 wrote:I've been reading that STL firms are "skeptical" of WUSTL grads due to their desire to work/live elsewhere. Is there any merit to this or is it all hearsay?

I vote B.S.
i've heard from one student that if you really want to work in st. louis just try to work there during your first summer. employers will be less skeptical if you show early interest.
Yeah, I hope this is B.S. I love St. Louis and would love to work there, but I keep hearing this get thrown around. Maybe I'll wear a St. Louis Cardinals tie to OCI. :D

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”