For WUSTL Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
t_flores08
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:41 am

For WUSTL Applicants

Postby t_flores08 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:34 pm

I submitted my app last week and just saw there is a certification letter. Do I need to submit it even if I submitted my app electronically? Also, does WUSTL send a confirmation email saying they received the app? Thank you, any info is appreciated.

User avatar
t_flores08
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:41 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby t_flores08 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:42 pm

wow, just noticed i posted in the wrong place. I apologize for this. If someone could please move this, id appreciate it. Sorry again.

Mosca
Posts: 251
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:10 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Mosca » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:44 pm

I got a complete email two weeks after I sent in my application and I sent in the certification letter, just in case.

User avatar
t_flores08
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:41 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby t_flores08 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:49 pm

thank you

jocelyne
Posts: 160
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:15 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby jocelyne » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:52 pm

didn't it say on the summary sheet that this is unnecessary? Electronic: Yes (so no certification required)...anyone confirm?

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby CyLaw » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:53 pm

I am complete at WUSTL. I did NOT send the certification letter since I submitted via LSAC.

Edit: From my completed electronic application form
Application Fee Paid: $N/A
Electronic Certification: Yes
Fee Waiver: CRS

Key: Electronic Certification
Yes = application certified electronically; no certification letter required
No = physical signature/certification letter required

Unadilla Kayaker
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:01 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Unadilla Kayaker » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:09 pm

I e-mailed them because while it did say no certification letter required, one did show up weirdly after I transmitted my application via LSAC. Their very brief e-mail said it's not required.

Definitive answer.

User avatar
t_flores08
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:41 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby t_flores08 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:23 pm

Thank you to all who responded. I am glad we were able to clear this up. And good luck to everyone this cycle. With WUSTL and their other schools!

clint4law
Posts: 569
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 3:34 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby clint4law » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:36 am

Does WUSTL have a status checker?

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby robin600 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:03 am

edit yes they do: although it just came out recently
Last edited by robin600 on Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Veritas » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:03 am

wustl takes forever

User avatar
ruleser
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:41 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby ruleser » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:17 am

Veritas wrote:wustl takes forever

+1 You really notice the difference between T14, T1, and T2 beginning with the ap process. UVA, Berkeley, etc. you can go complete within a day or two of submitting - I just realized I don't think I've heard anything from WUSTL. It's been a couple weeks and I haven't even heard a received from WUSTL, BU hasn't requested my LSDAS report over the course of a week so far, nothing from Loyola over the course of a little over two weeks.

goodolgil
Posts: 923
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 6:01 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby goodolgil » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:48 am

What's strange is that (at least for me) WUSTL requested an image version of the LSDAS report instead of a paper, and yet I still have not heard anything from them since submitting my application like two weeks ago.

User avatar
ruleser
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:41 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby ruleser » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:52 am

goodolgil wrote:What's strange is that (at least for me) WUSTL requested an image version of the LSDAS report instead of a paper, and yet I still have not heard anything from them since submitting my application like two weeks ago.

Same. It's just processing time. That's what I meant the difference between even T14 and T1- Georgetown requested paper, yet had status check info and went complete in about 2 days.

I really noticed this last year with the T2's - even just trying to get calls answered/returned about fin aid, etc. - makes you realize, if you can't get contact when they are trying to sell you, what will it be like when they've taken all your money and you want career services help. Or not, just my impression... (don't mean the WUSTL 2 weeks is a big deal, just more the impressions to look out for over the ap cycle)

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby robin600 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:22 am

I went complete in one week, but I did apply late september (or whenever the app first opened). I just emailed them and asked if my app was complete after a week I sent it in and they said that it was. Just give the admissions office a call.

User avatar
xanderdellus
Posts: 156
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:58 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby xanderdellus » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:54 am

Is the financial aid app in the supplementary section necessary now for aid, or only if you are accepted? Can't seem to locate the answer.

thanks.

User avatar
superflush
Posts: 1305
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:45 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby superflush » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:50 am

xanderdellus wrote:Is the financial aid app in the supplementary section necessary now for aid, or only if you are accepted?


I think you do need to send it in when you are applying. And it can be done on the WUSTL website (not LSAC).
So you can either fill it out on LSAC, print it and send it in or you can go to law.wustl.edu and fill it out there.

But, I don't think that is the certification form they were talking about, or maybe it is.

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby robin600 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:10 pm

Veritas wrote:wustl takes forever


By forever to you mean Christmas or February?

Anyone accepted yet?

User avatar
monkey85
Posts: 394
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:07 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby monkey85 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:19 pm

I have a WUSTL status checker. Anybody else with that have "seat deposit" info at the bottom? A few schools do this tease where they have $0.00 in that spot and I have no idea what it means since I am neither under review or decision pending, ha ha.

Timeline:
Submitted - 11/1
Status Checker - 11/6

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby Veritas » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:21 pm

monkey85 wrote:I have a WUSTL status checker. Anybody else with that have "seat deposit" info at the bottom? A few schools do this tease where they have $0.00 in that spot and I have no idea what it means since I am neither under review or decision pending, ha ha.

Timeline:
Submitted - 11/1
Status Checker - 11/6

yea I have it and my app is only at "received"

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby robin600 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:06 pm

Veritas wrote:
monkey85 wrote:I have a WUSTL status checker. Anybody else with that have "seat deposit" info at the bottom? A few schools do this tease where they have $0.00 in that spot and I have no idea what it means since I am neither under review or decision pending, ha ha.

Timeline:
Submitted - 11/1
Status Checker - 11/6

yea I have it and my app is only at "received"


My app is complete and this is what it says under mine, everybody else the same?
Date Due Amt. Due Amt. Paid Date Paid
Application Fee Paid: 0.00 Waived
First Deposit Paid: 0.00 .00
Second Deposit Paid: 0.00 .00

User avatar
najumobi
Posts: 1111
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:36 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby najumobi » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:16 pm

robin600 wrote:
My app is complete and this is what it says under mine, everybody else the same?
Date Due Amt. Due Amt. Paid Date Paid
Application Fee Paid: 0.00 Waived
First Deposit Paid: 0.00 .00
Second Deposit Paid: 0.00 .00

lol...i never even bothered scrolling down to the very bottom, but i just saw that now.
actually i can't remember if i had scrolled to the bottom and the bottom was just "mailings" and "letters of recommendation."
in any case my status checker is showing the same thing yours shows.

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby robin600 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:21 pm

najumobi wrote:
robin600 wrote:
My app is complete and this is what it says under mine, everybody else the same?
Date Due Amt. Due Amt. Paid Date Paid
Application Fee Paid: 0.00 Waived
First Deposit Paid: 0.00 .00
Second Deposit Paid: 0.00 .00

lol...i never even bothered scrolling down to the very bottom, but i just saw that now.
actually i can't remember if i had scrolled to the bottom and the bottom was just "mailings" and "letters of recommendation."
in any case my status checker is showing the same thing yours shows.


Wtf?!?! Epic fail to the asshole who added these things to your status checker before a decision is made!

User avatar
superflush
Posts: 1305
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:45 am

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby superflush » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:25 pm

robin600 wrote:Wtf?!?! Epic fail to the asshole who added these things to your status checker before a decision is made!


Huh.
That is on other status checker's of mine as well

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: For WUSTL Applicants

Postby CyLaw » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:35 pm

superflush wrote:
robin600 wrote:Wtf?!?! Epic fail to the asshole who added these things to your status checker before a decision is made!


Huh.
That is on other status checker's of mine as well


Yeah, people need to understand that these schools use the LSAC service to do their status checkers for them. They are just basic templates, and as with most programs, if there is no data it defaults to 0, so no decision has been made, hence no deposit fee yet, hence the zeros.

They mean nothing. They are there because they are part of the template. Some schools remove them, most don't.

Not every little thing means something. The checkers are quite explicit when they mean to give you meaningful data.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Christinabruin, oliviaj_j, worried0L and 6 guests