Univ of Georgia

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
billaboy12
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:23 pm

Re: Univ of Georgia

Postby billaboy12 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:07 pm

held for further review today. bad sign?

User avatar
eandy
Posts: 2725
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:07 pm

Re: Univ of Georgia

Postby eandy » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:57 pm

In via status checker!!!
Last edited by eandy on Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Midnight Rider
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: Univ of Georgia

Postby Midnight Rider » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:24 pm

billaboy12 wrote:held for further review today. bad sign?


Based on your stats, WL or hold seems inevitable...

<---in same boat

User avatar
missvik218
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:45 am

Re: Univ of Georgia

Postby missvik218 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:25 pm

crombot wrote:Withdrawing today--hopefully my tuition equalization scholarship will go towards someone else here who is still waiting!!!!

I'm sad I won't be spending 3 years in Athens, it seems like a really great town.

We will miss you!!! I hope they send me your $$ :mrgreen:

User avatar
kp009
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:56 am

Re: Univ of Georgia

Postby kp009 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:35 pm

STILL no mail about $ today. Am I wrong to be expecting something? My gpa (3.4) is below the others getting $ but my lsat is a 170, I was hoping that would make up for it.

User avatar
missvik218
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:45 am

Re: Univ of Georgia

Postby missvik218 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:42 pm

kp009 wrote:STILL no mail about $ today. Am I wrong to be expecting something? My gpa (3.4) is below the others getting $ but my lsat is a 170, I was hoping that would make up for it.

So far all I've really seen have been equalization and equalization + up to $5000 ... maybe you've got something bigger on the way?! 170/3.4 I'd be shocked if you didn't get something.

User avatar
sternc
Posts: 204
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:07 pm

Re: Univ of Georgia

Postby sternc » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:47 pm

I go to UGA undergrad but decided not to apply for law school. However my roommate, he's in-state, has a 3.48 and a 177, and all he got was 5,000 per year. Can anyone explain this?

Matt81MA
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:04 am

Re: Univ of Georgia

Postby Matt81MA » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:04 pm

(I'm trying to respond to the previous post but I can't figure out how to get the quote function to work. I should probably try to get more computer literate before LS...I'm sure it's ME and not the computer).

Easy. They knew he would go to a higher-ranked school. Even with the lowerish GPA he could get plenty of money to go to Emory, Vandy, Duke, etc. Why throw money to someone who isn't going to take it? UGA is an awesome deal (much better than Emory or Vandy at sticker) but of course, if money isn't a concern, he'll just go to the highest-ranked school (more or less).

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Univ of Georgia

Postby Grizz » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:06 pm

sternc wrote:I go to UGA undergrad but decided not to apply for law school. However my roommate, he's in-state, has a 3.48 and a 177, and all he got was 5,000 per year. Can anyone explain this?


Because we know nothing almost about your roomate, probably not.

User avatar
dhatfie1
Posts: 141
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:09 pm

Re: Univ of Georgia

Postby dhatfie1 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:21 pm

sternc wrote:I go to UGA undergrad but decided not to apply for law school. However my roommate, he's in-state, has a 3.48 and a 177, and all he got was 5,000 per year. Can anyone explain this?


If he potentially showed genuine interest that UGA would be the school for him/her with those kind of numbers and he would be willing to negotiate, I'm positive he could get more money out of them than 5K. If not, then tell your roommated to go somewhere more fitting of their intellectual prowess!

User avatar
bissey
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 5:12 pm

Re: Univ of Georgia

Postby bissey » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:23 pm

dhatfie1 wrote:
sternc wrote:I go to UGA undergrad but decided not to apply for law school. However my roommate, he's in-state, has a 3.48 and a 177, and all he got was 5,000 per year. Can anyone explain this?


If he potentially showed genuine interest that UGA would be the school for him/her with those kind of numbers and he would be willing to negotiate, I'm positive he could get more money out of them than 5K. If not, then tell your roommated to go somewhere more fitting of their intellectual prowess!


hottest tar ever. adriana ftw

User avatar
Neil
Posts: 178
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:09 pm

Re: Univ of Georgia

Postby Neil » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:49 pm

Every day for a week I've checked my mail hoping to get a scholarship offer from Georgia. Finally, today, I check my mail and the ONLY thing in my mailbox is from Georgia Law. But they're just inviting me, again, to check out the law school.

Cruel, Georgia.

User avatar
dhatfie1
Posts: 141
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:09 pm

Re: Univ of Georgia

Postby dhatfie1 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:52 am

bissey wrote:
dhatfie1 wrote:
sternc wrote:I go to UGA undergrad but decided not to apply for law school. However my roommate, he's in-state, has a 3.48 and a 177, and all he got was 5,000 per year. Can anyone explain this?


If he potentially showed genuine interest that UGA would be the school for him/her with those kind of numbers and he would be willing to negotiate, I'm positive he could get more money out of them than 5K. If not, then tell your roommated to go somewhere more fitting of their intellectual prowess!


hottest tar ever. adriana ftw


Thanks..and I WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree, I would gladly give up a full ride to any law school and attend Cooley for her hand lol

User avatar
TTH
Posts: 10378
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 1:14 am

Re: Univ of Georgia

Postby TTH » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:07 am

Neil wrote:Every day for a week I've checked my mail hoping to get a scholarship offer from Georgia. Finally, today, I check my mail and the ONLY thing in my mailbox is from Georgia Law. But they're just inviting me, again, to check out the law school.

Cruel, Georgia.


Yes, post-admission spam ---> Wrong

User avatar
flowerpot
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:04 am

Re: Univ of Georgia

Postby flowerpot » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:13 am

So for all of you who have received Tuition Equalization and scholarship money, was it in a separate mailing from the acceptance letter and decal? About how long after you received your acceptance letter did you hear about scholarship info?

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Univ of Georgia

Postby Grizz » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:20 pm

flowerpot wrote:So for all of you who have received Tuition Equalization and scholarship money, was it in a separate mailing from the acceptance letter and decal? About how long after you received your acceptance letter did you hear about scholarship info?


Separate mailing. Applied over Thanksgiving, complete in early January (Dec. LSAT), accepted in mid-January, scholarship money came in early February.

If you have any questions, just call the admissions office, tell them when you got accepted, and they can probably tell you when you will get your financial decision.

colforbin
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:09 am

Re: Univ of Georgia

Postby colforbin » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:22 pm

Anyone know if UGA offers any kind of assistance regarding travel to any of their admitted students events? I email on Friday but still haven't heard.

Also, what's the dress code going to look like for the reception in Atlanta? Suits?

User avatar
bonnieblue
Posts: 201
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:56 pm

Re: Univ of Georgia

Postby bonnieblue » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:29 pm

colforbin wrote:Anyone know if UGA offers any kind of assistance regarding travel to any of their admitted students events? I email on Friday but still haven't heard.

Also, what's the dress code going to look like for the reception in Atlanta? Suits?


nope, no travel stipends, but i think they wanted to try and get us to stay with some current law students to lesson the cost

User avatar
bissey
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 5:12 pm

Re: Univ of Georgia

Postby bissey » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:48 pm

dhatfie1 wrote:
bissey wrote:
dhatfie1 wrote:
sternc wrote:I go to UGA undergrad but decided not to apply for law school. However my roommate, he's in-state, has a 3.48 and a 177, and all he got was 5,000 per year. Can anyone explain this?


If he potentially showed genuine interest that UGA would be the school for him/her with those kind of numbers and he would be willing to negotiate, I'm positive he could get more money out of them than 5K. If not, then tell your roommated to go somewhere more fitting of their intellectual prowess!


hottest tar ever. adriana ftw


Thanks..and I WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree, I would gladly give up a full ride to any law school and attend Cooley for her hand lol


lol, i might need a little more than her hand, but i am highly obsessed. although, my obsession is subsiding after she married that fugly mouse. the fucked up part is, that means i had a chance of getting with her, being one of the 95% of the male population more attractive than mr. fugles-who-never-plays-and-makes-money-for-no-reason.

/rant

User avatar
flowerpot
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:04 am

Re: Univ of Georgia

Postby flowerpot » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:07 pm

Separate mailing. Applied over Thanksgiving, complete in early January (Dec. LSAT), accepted in mid-January, scholarship money came in early February.

If you have any questions, just call the admissions office, tell them when you got accepted, and they can probably tell you when you will get your financial decision.


Thanks! That's such a relief- I got my acceptance and letter and thought I didn't get any scholarship at all- now I have hope! haha

User avatar
bissey
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 5:12 pm

Re: Univ of Georgia

Postby bissey » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:28 pm

bonnieblue wrote:
colforbin wrote:Anyone know if UGA offers any kind of assistance regarding travel to any of their admitted students events? I email on Friday but still haven't heard.

Also, what's the dress code going to look like for the reception in Atlanta? Suits?


nope, no travel stipends, but i think they wanted to try and get us to stay with some current law students to lesson the cost


yep, that's what they're doing. somebody could probably crash at my place for a night or two. pm me if interested.

User avatar
07ggfa5
Posts: 97
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:19 am

Re: Univ of Georgia

Postby 07ggfa5 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:47 pm

Not sure if my stats (165/3.1) can cut it but I really hope I can get the tuition equalization. UGA will be looking like a damn good option then since their in-state tuition is so cheap to begin with.

User avatar
missvik218
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:45 am

Re: Univ of Georgia

Postby missvik218 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:10 pm

Finally arrived, dated 1/28/10, 1L tuition equalization!

Did everyone else have this in their final paragraph too?!

"To accept this scholarship you will need to commit to enroll in the University of Georgia School of Law by April 1, 2010. A remind and commitment for you will be sent to you closer to that time. You must also submit you $50 seat deposit to the Admissions Office by April 15, 2010 in order to reserve your seat in the class enrolling in the Fall 2010."

What does the bolded mean? Is that more than just sending in your seat deposit?

User avatar
Neil
Posts: 178
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:09 pm

Re: Univ of Georgia

Postby Neil » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:30 pm

missvik218 wrote:Finally arrived, dated 1/28/10, 1L tuition equalization!

Did everyone else have this in their final paragraph too?!

"To accept this scholarship you will need to commit to enroll in the University of Georgia School of Law by April 1, 2010. A remind and commitment for you will be sent to you closer to that time. You must also submit you $50 seat deposit to the Admissions Office by April 15, 2010 in order to reserve your seat in the class enrolling in the Fall 2010."

What does the bolded mean? Is that more than just sending in your seat deposit?


Congrats, MV!

Now I have a reason to maintain some hope... if it just got to FL today, maybe a scholarship could still be on its way to NY...

User avatar
kp009
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:56 am

Re: Univ of Georgia

Postby kp009 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:35 pm

missvik218 wrote:Finally arrived, dated 1/28/10, 1L tuition equalization!

Did everyone else have this in their final paragraph too?!

"To accept this scholarship you will need to commit to enroll in the University of Georgia School of Law by April 1, 2010. A remind and commitment for you will be sent to you closer to that time. You must also submit you $50 seat deposit to the Admissions Office by April 15, 2010 in order to reserve your seat in the class enrolling in the Fall 2010."

What does the bolded mean? Is that more than just sending in your seat deposit?


Yay, congrats! This gives me hope that mine is still trying to make its way to me here in FL as well, though nothing in the mail today.

Hadn't heard about the April 1 deadline, that's a bit annoying.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests