Univ of Georgia

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
MikeRob9485

Re: Univ of Georgia

Postby MikeRob9485 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:21 am

In via status checker, 3.09 lsdas gpa/167 lsat, still waiting for my letter

it's my #1 choice, so i'll be seeing you guys in athens

mytwocents

Postby mytwocents » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:03 am

MarkRenton wrote:Has anyone done any information hunting in regards to when the held for further review apps will receive another round of scrutiny?

I called on Friday and was told I needed to speak with Paul Rollins (I think that was it, don't quite remember), who apparently had left the office before my phone call. I haven't called again yet, though..

T_Easy

Postby T_Easy » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:32 am

In via status checker today, application was completed on Jan. 14th (quick decision!). However, I'm deathly afraid of it being an error. I won't be satisfied until I get a confirmation email.

reebtoor

Postby reebtoor » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:35 am

T_Easy wrote:In via status checker today, application was completed on Jan. 14th (quick decision!). However, I'm deathly afraid of it being an error. I won't be satisfied until I get a confirmation email.

I think you're safe. I had the same thing happen in early December. Congrats!

Modian

Postby Modian » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:00 pm

Anyone apply after their latest round of CRS fee waivers (Jan. 12) hear anything yet? I still haven't gotten a status checker email, and I applied that day.

MikeRob9485

Postby MikeRob9485 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:30 pm

T_Easy wrote:In via status checker today, application was completed on Jan. 14th (quick decision!). However, I'm deathly afraid of it being an error. I won't be satisfied until I get a confirmation email.

I was afraid of the exact same thing, but I received my letter and decal in the mail today, but i still haven't received any email. I think they worked out their problems with the status checker back in December, so you're fine.

missvik218

Postby missvik218 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:33 pm

I don't think UGA sends a confirmation e-mail, just be on the lookout for a large white envelope in the mail with your official letter.

likeaspark

Postby likeaspark » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:44 pm

I was admitted back in December, and anxiously awaiting scholarship info. I just received a "Welcome Letter" from the Dean. A nice gesture, but seeing the envelope definitely got my hopes up that it was scholarship info! Did anyone else get this letter, and does anyone know when we can expect to start hearing anything? Thanks in advance!

kp009

Postby kp009 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:51 pm

Modian wrote:Anyone apply after their latest round of CRS fee waivers (Jan. 12) hear anything yet? I still haven't gotten a status checker email, and I applied that day.

I submitted 1/8 and and just got an email today about completion and status checker, so its seems they're just a bit slow right now. I'd give it some more time.

Slimpee

Postby Slimpee » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:58 pm

kp009 wrote:
Modian wrote:Anyone apply after their latest round of CRS fee waivers (Jan. 12) hear anything yet? I still haven't gotten a status checker email, and I applied that day.

I submitted 1/8 and and just got an email today about completion and status checker, so its seems they're just a bit slow right now. I'd give it some more time.

I submitted before Xmas, I believe, and didn't receive a status checker until Jan. 8. That is also the same date my acceptance letter was dated and it got me to 4 or 5 days later...

Neil

Postby Neil » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:03 pm

likeaspark wrote:I was admitted back in December, and anxiously awaiting scholarship info. I just received a "Welcome Letter" from the Dean. A nice gesture, but seeing the envelope definitely got my hopes up that it was scholarship info! Did anyone else get this letter, and does anyone know when we can expect to start hearing anything? Thanks in advance!

Yeah, I got that letter. As far as when we will start hearing back, the best I can do is repeat what my acceptance letter said: If you are going to receive a merit scholarship, you will be notified by February 15th. Quickly approaching... not sure if that varies according to when you applied/were accepted...

kp009

Postby kp009 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:53 pm

Submitted 1/8
Received status checker/complete e-mail this morning 1/20
In via status checker this afternoon 1/20

mikcou

Postby mikcou » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:59 pm

I got my acceptance letter last week!

3.5/167. Heres hoping for some scholarship money...

lookingforlaw

Postby lookingforlaw » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:17 am

mytwocents wrote:
MarkRenton wrote:Has anyone done any information hunting in regards to when the held for further review apps will receive another round of scrutiny?

I called on Friday and was told I needed to speak with Paul Rollins (I think that was it, don't quite remember), who apparently had left the office before my phone call. I haven't called again yet, though..

+1

cake

Postby cake » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:11 am

idksomeone wrote:i have a question for admitted students from last year... did scholarships have a grade/rank requirement?

I had a low GPA, but got some money. I imagine it is more dependent (not solely) on LSAT. My softs weren't great, but they weren't bad, either.

JMBrown32

Postby JMBrown32 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:12 am

Application now "being reviewed by the admissions committee". 165, 3.74, ftr.

crombot

Postby crombot » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:48 am

hmmm....I am getting antsy--didn't get the letter that said Feb 15th. I am wondering if I should send admissions an e-mail saying that I have received a substantial scholly offer elsewhere and am wondering when UGA will be sending out merit scholarship info.

Or is that jumping the gun....trying to negotiate scholly $$ before they even release it? Or would it be the invisible hand?

lookingforlaw

Postby lookingforlaw » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:10 pm

I have been in review since 1/11. I randomly decided to check the LSAC website for something and noticed a paper certification letter for UGA. When I applied, only the electronic certification was available. Were we supposed to send in a paper certification?

JMBrown32

Postby JMBrown32 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:12 pm

cake wrote:
idksomeone wrote:i have a question for admitted students from last year... did scholarships have a grade/rank requirement?

I had a low GPA, but got some money. I imagine it is more dependent (not solely) on LSAT. My softs weren't great, but they weren't bad, either.

I think he was asking if merit-based aid had grade/rank strings attached once you were in school. Some schools require scholarship recipients to maintain a certain GPA or be above median to keep receiving money.

Thunder Jones

Postby Thunder Jones » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:34 pm

lookingforlaw wrote:I have been in review since 1/11. I randomly decided to check the LSAC website for something and noticed a paper certification letter for UGA. When I applied, only the electronic certification was available. Were we supposed to send in a paper certification?

I don't think so, but if you're freaking, just call them.

mytwocents

Postby mytwocents » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:49 pm

So I called again about the held applications...the first lady I talked to "had no idea" when they'd be looked over as the adcomms were still busy looking over recently submitted applications. However, she did transfer to me a member of the adcomm (I didn't get his name, my apologies) who said I should expect to hear from UGA "in the next few weeks" and that I would definitely still be in consideration for scholarship $$, regardless of being held. Wish I could have gotten a more specific answer, but it seems like they're pretty busy and may not have a firm idea as to when we'll hear back.

JMBrown32

Postby JMBrown32 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:57 pm

In via status checker. Hoping for some scholarship money!

married0L

Postby married0L » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:00 pm

From my experience last cycle, "in a few weeks" can sometimes mean much longer than that. They have been on top of their game this cycle though so who knows.

I am ready for scholarship info to come out because I currently live in Athens and UGA is a very strong option with instate tuition and merit aid.

mytwocents

Postby mytwocents » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:09 pm

married0L wrote:From my experience last cycle, "in a few weeks" can sometimes mean much longer than that. They have been on top of their game this cycle though so who knows.

I am ready for scholarship info to come out because I currently live in Athens and UGA is a very strong option with instate tuition and merit aid.

I totally believe you on the "few weeks" thing. I kept wondering why the answer was so vague, but they're probably incredibly busy right now.

Midnight Rider

Postby Midnight Rider » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:50 pm

Application is complete as of 1/19. I'll let you guys know how it goes as far as status checker receipt, etc. I'm an undergrad alum, btw, so I can answer any Athens/campus/UGA questions if needed. I am more than a bit familiar with the nightlife from my younger years.

163, 3.ohforgetit, masters.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”