Univ of Georgia

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
sufjan
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:02 pm

Re: Univ of Georgia

Postby sufjan » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:50 pm

jennylynn wrote:At least the new website is nifty, right? :)

I'm a 1L at UGA, so does anybody have any questions while you're waiting?


how is athens with regard to restaurants/cultural things? it's kind of on the smalle side compared to other places i'm applying

User avatar
jennylynn
Posts: 272
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:38 pm

Re: Univ of Georgia

Postby jennylynn » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:29 pm

Athens has been great as far as I'm concerned.
While there aren't really any super upscale restaurants, you do find a lot of restaurants that are simply delicious. There's a wide range offered, and you can find pretty much anything from pizza to Thai to whatever.

It's definitely small when you compare it to a major city like New York. But I kinda like it that way. It has the small town charm and appeal, but you don't lack anything! And if you just have to have something super fancy, Atlanta really isn't that far away; 1 1/2 hours, I believe.

User avatar
Miltiades
Posts: 2190
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: Univ of Georgia

Postby Miltiades » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:30 pm

jennylynn wrote:Athens has been great as far as I'm concerned.
While there aren't really any super upscale restaurants, you do find a lot of restaurants that are simply delicious. There's a wide range offered, and you can find pretty much anything from pizza to Thai to whatever.

It's definitely small when you compare it to a major city like New York. But I kinda like it that way. It has the small town charm and appeal, but you don't lack anything! And if you just have to have something super fancy, Atlanta really isn't that far away; 1 1/2 hours, I believe.


How were they on scholarships for out of state applicants? I know you may not know this, but have you heard anything about it? I'm assuming most goes to kids in-state, but they have such a good education program anyway that I thought it might not be necessary to pay their way.

User avatar
jennylynn
Posts: 272
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:38 pm

Re: Univ of Georgia

Postby jennylynn » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:02 pm

Miltiades wrote:
jennylynn wrote:Athens has been great as far as I'm concerned.
While there aren't really any super upscale restaurants, you do find a lot of restaurants that are simply delicious. There's a wide range offered, and you can find pretty much anything from pizza to Thai to whatever.

It's definitely small when you compare it to a major city like New York. But I kinda like it that way. It has the small town charm and appeal, but you don't lack anything! And if you just have to have something super fancy, Atlanta really isn't that far away; 1 1/2 hours, I believe.


How were they on scholarships for out of state applicants? I know you may not know this, but have you heard anything about it? I'm assuming most goes to kids in-state, but they have such a good education program anyway that I thought it might not be necessary to pay their way.

no idea. But last year on the boards here there seemed to be several out of state people at least getting in state tuition.

cake
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:55 pm

Re: Univ of Georgia

Postby cake » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:10 pm

All of the scholarship people I know claim in state residency. But I only know which states ~10% come from, so that's not terribly helpful.

johndh
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:20 pm

Re: Univ of Georgia

Postby johndh » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:06 am

jennylynn wrote:
Miltiades wrote:
jennylynn wrote:Athens has been great as far as I'm concerned.
While there aren't really any super upscale restaurants, you do find a lot of restaurants that are simply delicious. There's a wide range offered, and you can find pretty much anything from pizza to Thai to whatever.

It's definitely small when you compare it to a major city like New York. But I kinda like it that way. It has the small town charm and appeal, but you don't lack anything! And if you just have to have something super fancy, Atlanta really isn't that far away; 1 1/2 hours, I believe.


How were they on scholarships for out of state applicants? I know you may not know this, but have you heard anything about it? I'm assuming most goes to kids in-state, but they have such a good education program anyway that I thought it might not be necessary to pay their way.

no idea. But last year on the boards here there seemed to be several out of state people at least getting in state tuition.



I am in Athens right now as an undergrad and it definitely has more of a college town feel but there is plenty to do and Atlanta is only about an hour maybe an hour and a half away.

autao
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:20 pm

Re: Univ of Georgia

Postby autao » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:57 pm

In via status check this morning. Pretty pumped.

PirateCap'n
Posts: 747
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Univ of Georgia

Postby PirateCap'n » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:59 pm

autao wrote:In via status check this morning. Pretty pumped.


+1

User avatar
sufjan
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:02 pm

Re: Univ of Georgia

Postby sufjan » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:05 pm

PirateCap'n wrote:
autao wrote:In via status check this morning. Pretty pumped.


+1


congrats guys. still under review here

what are your stats?

any scholarship info?

PirateCap'n
Posts: 747
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Univ of Georgia

Postby PirateCap'n » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:10 pm

Doesn't mention scholarships. Just says congratulations. I assume that info will come in the mail.

ericjh
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:38 pm

Re: Univ of Georgia

Postby ericjh » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:10 pm

stats?

mitchegs
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:10 pm

Re: Univ of Georgia

Postby mitchegs » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:12 pm

This is really weird, but my status checker said I had been accepted. I then logged out and got back on and then it said my application was still in review. Has this happened to anyone?

PirateCap'n
Posts: 747
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Univ of Georgia

Postby PirateCap'n » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:14 pm

mitchegs wrote:This is really weird, but my status checker said I had been accepted. I then logged out and got back on and then it said my application was still in review. Has this happened to anyone?


Mine did the same. Maybe I spoke too soon.

mitchegs
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:10 pm

Re: Univ of Georgia

Postby mitchegs » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:15 pm

What were your stats if you don't mind me asking?

PirateCap'n
Posts: 747
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Univ of Georgia

Postby PirateCap'n » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:16 pm

Mid-160s, >3.8

mitchegs
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:10 pm

Re: Univ of Georgia

Postby mitchegs » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:17 pm

Ok. That sucks if it was an error or something. I might call and see what's up.

ericjh
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:38 pm

Re: Univ of Georgia

Postby ericjh » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:18 pm

i vote on you calling

PirateCap'n
Posts: 747
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Univ of Georgia

Postby PirateCap'n » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:20 pm

I called. Apparently, it was a mistake. The lady I spoke to said I was still in committee.

ericjh
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:38 pm

Re: Univ of Georgia

Postby ericjh » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:20 pm

eff uga. get your sh*t straight

User avatar
bonnieblue
Posts: 201
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:56 pm

Re: Univ of Georgia

Postby bonnieblue » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:21 pm

why is it that every school I apply to has status checker difficulties........ did she say how long until they start making decisions?

mitchegs
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:10 pm

Re: Univ of Georgia

Postby mitchegs » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:22 pm

Their status checker is all messed up. I just got on and it said my application had been received, but it was not compete, even though it has been complete for a couple of weeks. Oh well.

ericjh
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:38 pm

Re: Univ of Georgia

Postby ericjh » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:23 pm

dont understand how it can be so messed up.

PirateCap'n
Posts: 747
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Univ of Georgia

Postby PirateCap'n » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:23 pm

bonnieblue wrote:why is it that every school I apply to has status checker difficulties........ did she say how long until they start making decisions?


I didn't think to ask, and she didn't say. She didn't act surprised when I mentioned that it showed I had been admitted though, so maybe they have begun making decisions.

ericjh
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:38 pm

Re: Univ of Georgia

Postby ericjh » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:24 pm

when did you submit./ go complete?

PirateCap'n
Posts: 747
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Univ of Georgia

Postby PirateCap'n » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:29 pm

ericjh wrote:when did you submit./ go complete?


I don't remember exactly, but it was pretty early on.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”