Univ of Georgia Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jennylynn

Bronze

Re: Univ of Georgia

Post by jennylynn » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:41 pm

bta422 wrote:there are 3 sections, right? so that means each section has 80 ppl in it. man that seems like a lot
It's not that bad. :) The profs actually get to know you quickly and you learn everybody's names from cold calls. :wink:

TheBigMediocre

Silver

Post by TheBigMediocre » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:58 pm

Tuxedo t-shirt friday.

JesusSmarmia

New

Post by JesusSmarmia » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:00 pm

TheBigMediocre wrote:Tuxedo t-shirt friday.
I'm going to wear my Burberry flip flops.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:05 pm

TheBigMediocre wrote:Tuxedo t-shirt friday.
You should have gone to Vanderbilt.

So I can ridicule you every Friday.

dagobahdweller

New

Post by dagobahdweller » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:12 am

jennylynn wrote:I'm sure a lot of schools have sent out similar messages to alumni. UGA just got busted. To me, it's good to know that they're at least trying to help us find jobs in this sucky economy rather than just letting us just try to keep our heads above water. Georgia's job market is in the pits, no matter what school you attend.
No doubt it is a good thing that UGA is trying to help people find employment. My question, however, is when will they post the data? Emory, for instance, has posted there 2009 statistics http://www.law.emory.edu/fileadmin/care ... -11-10.pdf.

At this point, I can only wonder...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

dagobahdweller

New

Post by dagobahdweller » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:15 am

iShotFirst wrote:Wondering about the professional dress code on Orientation Friday: is a pin striped suit with black or red shirt (+tie) fine, or does it generally have to be white? I never really wear white dress shirts.
The email I received said "business casual". I thought that "business casual" seemed odd. Should we wear "business professional"? What exactly are these photos used for anyway?

jennylynn

Bronze

Post by jennylynn » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:44 am

The directory. It only matters what you look like from the waist up. I wore jeans and a blouse then threw on my suit jacket for the photo. Look at the directory on MyGALaw for examples.

eandy

Gold

Post by eandy » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:51 am

dagobahdweller wrote:
iShotFirst wrote:Wondering about the professional dress code on Orientation Friday: is a pin striped suit with black or red shirt (+tie) fine, or does it generally have to be white? I never really wear white dress shirts.
The email I received said "business casual". I thought that "business casual" seemed odd. Should we wear "business professional"? What exactly are these photos used for anyway?
They may go to employers, so make sure you look professional.

jennylynn

Bronze

Post by jennylynn » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:11 am

eandy wrote:
dagobahdweller wrote:
At least your top half. :wink:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

eandy

Gold

Post by eandy » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:07 am

jennylynn wrote:
eandy wrote:
dagobahdweller wrote:
At least your top half. :wink:
I have been burned by this before! had a picture taken once for a press release that I was told would be top-half only. It wasn't. Now forever when people google my name, a pic comes up of me with a very unprofessional bottom and professional top.

In this situation, though, it is definitely safe, to wear non-professional bottoms :D

dagobahdweller

New

Post by dagobahdweller » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:19 am

Thank you very much for this!

cake

New

Post by cake » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:21 am

eandy wrote:
Go and look at the pictures in the directory and see what looks good and what looks bad. White dress shirts seem to look bad, for example.
JesusSmarmia wrote:I know there has been some speculation regarding the size of our class. I was in the admissions office today and got an approximate number: 250, about 40 or so more than usual.
Thanks for finding out! I've been curious. That isn't as bad as I thought it might be, so I feel a little better.
We started with 241 last year. 250 isn't a big change.

MikeRob9485

New

Post by MikeRob9485 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:32 am

cake wrote:
eandy wrote:
Go and look at the pictures in the directory and see what looks good and what looks bad. White dress shirts seem to look bad, for example.
JesusSmarmia wrote:I know there has been some speculation regarding the size of our class. I was in the admissions office today and got an approximate number: 250, about 40 or so more than usual.
Thanks for finding out! I've been curious. That isn't as bad as I thought it might be, so I feel a little better.

Do you know how many you lost throughout the course of the year?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

cake

New

Post by cake » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:02 pm

MikeRob9485 wrote:
cake wrote:
eandy wrote:

Do you know how many you lost throughout the course of the year?
I have no idea. Spring semester grades might have lost us a few, too. If you (or anyone) is bored, you can always look through the MyGeorgiaLaw directory and count all the 2Ls. ;)

iShotFirst

Bronze

Post by iShotFirst » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:58 pm

Anyone have tips on how to get to Athens from the Atlanta airport? Unfortunately I'm getting there at night so it limits my options a bit. I'm getting quotes of $90 (for two people). Is there any cheaper options or is that as good as it gets and I should just book it?

dagobahdweller

New

Post by dagobahdweller » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:13 am

iShotFirst wrote:Anyone have tips on how to get to Athens from the Atlanta airport? Unfortunately I'm getting there at night so it limits my options a bit. I'm getting quotes of $90 (for two people). Is there any cheaper options or is that as good as it gets and I should just book it?

To the best of my knowledge, $90 is the going rate for AAA transport, which I assume is where you received your quote. I do not know of any other options for transport.

If you're staying at a hotel in town, however, you may be able to talk with them and see if they have a "deal" with AAA.

shawty18ga

Bronze

Post by shawty18ga » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:38 am

iShotFirst wrote:nyone have tips on how to get to Athens from the Atlanta airport? Unfortunately I'm getting there at night so it limits my options a bit. I'm getting quotes of $90 (for two people). Is there any cheaper options or is that as good as it gets and I should just book it?

You might be able to fly. --LinkRemoved--

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

MikeRob9485

New

Post by MikeRob9485 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:52 pm

iShotFirst wrote:Anyone have tips on how to get to Athens from the Atlanta airport? Unfortunately I'm getting there at night so it limits my options a bit. I'm getting quotes of $90 (for two people). Is there any cheaper options or is that as good as it gets and I should just book it?

I'm heading to Athens tomorrow, i can swing by the airport and you can ride with me to Athens if you're coming in tomorrow. Otherwise, greyhound will take you from the airport to athens for like $25:

--LinkRemoved--

MikeRob9485

New

Post by MikeRob9485 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:58 pm

If it's for two people as long as you book it a couple days in advance, the greyhound tickets will only be about $40 for both of you, it's the best deal you'll find

iShotFirst

Bronze

Post by iShotFirst » Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:00 pm

Great thanks for the advice everyone. I'm not coming in until next week and in the night time, so I may have limited my options a bit, but I'll check out everything here. Thanks

bacchus

New

Post by bacchus » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:21 pm

who's coming out to PARTY in athens tonight!? wooooo

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

jennylynn

Bronze

Post by jennylynn » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:22 am

Apparently you. :wink:

TheBigMediocre

Silver

Post by TheBigMediocre » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:37 am

iShotFirst,

What day? I'm coming down to Atlanta next week and if the timing works out, I can give yall a ride back to Athens.

bacchus

New

Post by bacchus » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:01 pm

TheBigMediocre wrote:iShotFirst,

What day? I'm coming down to Atlanta next week and if the timing works out, I can give yall a ride back to Athens.
If it doesn't work out for TBM, I could possibly give you a ride as well. If you'd like, send me a PM and I'll give you my # so you can keep me posted.

bacchus

New

Post by bacchus » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:02 pm

jennylynn wrote:Apparently you. :wink:
And yes, me :) Last night was, we'll say... "interesting." TBM could tell you more :lol:

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”