Univ of Georgia

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mkirk3

Re: Univ of Georgia

Postby mkirk3 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:06 pm

insertclevernamehere wrote:
I really hope they grab us both off of the wait-list then so we can form a "Yankee fan in the South" support group. Our first discussion topic can be: How awesome was '96? I'm sure this will endear us to all the Braves fans...

Please Georgia, take me! I will contribute to a diverse campus :)

Retrubution will be acheived for that travesty of a year (we were such a better team) and 1999. It may just take awhile. I have been at Braves games in which "Fuck the Yankees" cheers have arisen even when we weren't playing them. You have enough numbers in the Atlanta area, but you may find some difficulties in Athens! :) I have recovered enough to where I can appreciate a little friendly rivalry.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:04 pm

mkirk3 wrote:
I really hope they grab us both off of the wait-list then so we can form a "Yankee fan in the South" support group. Our first discussion topic can be: How awesome was '96? I'm sure this will endear us to all the Braves fans...

Please Georgia, take me! I will contribute to a diverse campus :)

Retrubution will be acheived for that travesty of a year (we were such a better team) and 1999. It may just take awhile. I have been at Braves games in which "Fuck the Yankees" cheers have arisen even when we weren't playing them. You have enough numbers in the Atlanta area, but you may find some difficulties in Athens! :) I have recovered enough to where I can appreciate a little friendly rivalry.

We can all cheer against the Mets together ;).

blackmamba76

Postby blackmamba76 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:08 pm

Drockman wrote:
eandy wrote:
As a fellow female yankee lover (I am assuming :)) I hope we both get in so we can watch the games together!

+1

Yes! Go Yankees, that will double the amount of Yankee fans in Athens with both of you attending. Right now, it's only me and this other guy i know of.

Fellow Yankees lover here, still waiting on decision, hope to see u guys in fall to watch the Yankees repeat as World Champions!

mkirk3

Postby mkirk3 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:16 pm

keg411 wrote:We can all cheer against the Mets together .

Sounds good. Good luck getting off of the WL!

insertclevernamehere

Postby insertclevernamehere » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:20 pm

keg411 wrote:We can all cheer against the Mets together ;).

Keg411 you are a great arbitrator, and are going to make a great attorney. UGA would be silly to pass you up, use my recommendation and the way you diffused what can be a tense discussion in your next LOCI.

algren

Postby algren » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:35 pm

Keg411 you are a great arbitrator, and are going to make a great attorney. UGA would be silly to pass you up, use my recommendation and the way you diffused what can be a tense discussion in your next LOCI.

+1 :-P

keg411

Postby keg411 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:47 pm

I said in my apps I want to do ADR :lol: :P .

colforbin

Postby colforbin » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:14 pm

i was offered the in state tuition equalizer for my entire 1L (I have a 164, 3.7). Any chance I could get some more money if I email? I have 12,000/year from Ohio State (in state) and 15,000/year from Indiana (out of state). However, UGA is still (just barely) the cheapest option.

Think it's worth a shot? Anyone else have luck getting more money?

mkirk3

Postby mkirk3 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:04 pm

colforbin wrote:i was offered the in state tuition equalizer for my entire 1L (I have a 164, 3.7). Any chance I could get some more money if I email? I have 12,000/year from Ohio State (in state) and 15,000/year from Indiana (out of state). However, UGA is still (just barely) the cheapest option.

Think it's worth a shot? Anyone else have luck getting more money?

I doubt it but its worth a shot. What's the worst thing that could happen?

d-cannon

Postby d-cannon » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:26 pm

Hello all,

I look forward to seeing many of you at the ASD this weekend. My wife and I will be arriving from NC Friday evening and leaving Athens Sunday morning. I think (she set up the hotel) we will be in the Holiday Inn just across from the Law School.

mkirk3

Postby mkirk3 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:40 pm

So I just booked a hotel and apparently there are none left. I got one (the Best Western) kinda far away and a smoking room, and that was the best left. I don't want to have to drive downtown, and I especially think driving back after the bars close would be a terrible idea :). Anyway, if you haven't gotten a room yet for some reason, get on it. Apparently something big is going down in Athens this weekend. I hope there aren't too many of us!

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:48 pm

mkirk3 wrote:So I just booked a hotel and apparently there are none left. I got one (the Best Western) kinda far away and a smoking room, and that was the best left. I don't want to have to drive downtown, and I especially think driving back after the bars close would be a terrible idea :).

Get your money's worth; smoke in the room! A couple times in Athens, I've found drunk people asleep on the streets. That could be an option?

eandy

Postby eandy » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:11 am

mkirk3 wrote:So I just booked a hotel and apparently there are none left. I got one (the Best Western) kinda far away and a smoking room, and that was the best left. I don't want to have to drive downtown, and I especially think driving back after the bars close would be a terrible idea :). Anyway, if you haven't gotten a room yet for some reason, get on it. Apparently something big is going down in Athens this weekend. I hope there aren't too many of us!

Robert Osbourne's Classic Films Festival is going on this week.

deadpanic

Postby deadpanic » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:30 am

rad law wrote:
mkirk3 wrote:So I just booked a hotel and apparently there are none left. I got one (the Best Western) kinda far away and a smoking room, and that was the best left. I don't want to have to drive downtown, and I especially think driving back after the bars close would be a terrible idea :).

Get your money's worth; smoke in the room! A couple times in Athens, I've found drunk people asleep on the streets. That could be an option?

Hell yeah. Remember "rack 'em" Willie?

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:39 am

deadpanic wrote:
rad law wrote:

Hell yeah. Remember "rack 'em" Willie?

Haha yup. Whatever happened to that guy?

shawty18ga

Postby shawty18ga » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:26 am

I heard he died recently. Somebody told me that they paid him for the videos and he was able to get some good crack (or other drugs) finally, which led to an overdose. This is complete heresay, so take it with a grain of salt.

sam7711

Postby sam7711 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:18 pm

Does anyone know if Georgia increases scholarship offers? I thought I remember reading that UGA through a couple extra G's at some admitted students last cycle.

eandy

Postby eandy » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:18 pm

they probably will in April once they know who's coming. I think most people have to commit to their scholarships by April 1st.

gutten

Postby gutten » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:01 pm

A note to all of you planning on going out in Athens: ask the bums for change or a cigarette before they can get a word out of their mouth, it's the only way to make them leave you alone. Great town and great bars, anybody needs any suggestions let me know.

missvik218

Postby missvik218 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:47 pm

gutten wrote:A note to all of you planning on going out in Athens: ask the bums for change or a cigarette before they can get a word out of their mouth, it's the only way to make them leave you alone. Great town and great bars, anybody needs any suggestions let me know.

Where do most law students live?

gutten

Postby gutten » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:34 am

Most of the ones I know live all over town. Athens is an easy town to get around and the college is very accessible by driving yourself or taking the city transit system, which links up with the campus transit system in several places. It really doesn't matter where you live, but there are some areas of town you should stay away from, living wise anyway. You can figure out where they are pretty easily.

Ben2010

Postby Ben2010 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:13 pm

Application status changed to admitted yesterday! :D

Now the Emory vs. UGA internal debate can begin!

bissey

Postby bissey » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:19 pm

I think I will be attending/staying.

TheBigMediocre

Postby TheBigMediocre » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:54 am

I had already sent in my first deposit, but open house sealed the deal for me. Withdrawing from Emory (which I visited Friday, wasn't that impressed) and Vandy's WL tomorrow.

missvik218

Postby missvik218 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:18 pm

TheBigMediocre wrote:I had already sent in my first deposit, but open house sealed the deal for me. Withdrawing from Emory (which I visited Friday, wasn't that impressed) and Vandy's WL tomorrow.

I'm at 80% after the full day yesterday! I think I'm out on Emory and GW .. So at least I've got it a little more narrowed down!

It was nice to finally meet you, I wish you'd have stayed in Athens on Sat though!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”