Univ of Georgia Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sufjan

Bronze

Re: Univ of Georgia

Post by sufjan » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:50 pm

jennylynn wrote:At least the new website is nifty, right? :)

I'm a 1L at UGA, so does anybody have any questions while you're waiting?
how is athens with regard to restaurants/cultural things? it's kind of on the smalle side compared to other places i'm applying

jennylynn

Bronze

Post by jennylynn » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:29 pm

Athens has been great as far as I'm concerned.
While there aren't really any super upscale restaurants, you do find a lot of restaurants that are simply delicious. There's a wide range offered, and you can find pretty much anything from pizza to Thai to whatever.

It's definitely small when you compare it to a major city like New York. But I kinda like it that way. It has the small town charm and appeal, but you don't lack anything! And if you just have to have something super fancy, Atlanta really isn't that far away; 1 1/2 hours, I believe.

Miltiades

Gold

Post by Miltiades » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:30 pm

jennylynn wrote:Athens has been great as far as I'm concerned.
While there aren't really any super upscale restaurants, you do find a lot of restaurants that are simply delicious. There's a wide range offered, and you can find pretty much anything from pizza to Thai to whatever.

It's definitely small when you compare it to a major city like New York. But I kinda like it that way. It has the small town charm and appeal, but you don't lack anything! And if you just have to have something super fancy, Atlanta really isn't that far away; 1 1/2 hours, I believe.
How were they on scholarships for out of state applicants? I know you may not know this, but have you heard anything about it? I'm assuming most goes to kids in-state, but they have such a good education program anyway that I thought it might not be necessary to pay their way.

jennylynn

Bronze

Post by jennylynn » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:02 pm

Miltiades wrote:

How were they on scholarships for out of state applicants? I know you may not know this, but have you heard anything about it? I'm assuming most goes to kids in-state, but they have such a good education program anyway that I thought it might not be necessary to pay their way.
no idea. But last year on the boards here there seemed to be several out of state people at least getting in state tuition.

cake

New

Post by cake » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:10 pm

All of the scholarship people I know claim in state residency. But I only know which states ~10% come from, so that's not terribly helpful.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

johndh

New

Post by johndh » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:06 am

jennylynn wrote:
Miltiades wrote:

no idea. But last year on the boards here there seemed to be several out of state people at least getting in state tuition.

I am in Athens right now as an undergrad and it definitely has more of a college town feel but there is plenty to do and Atlanta is only about an hour maybe an hour and a half away.

autao

New

Post by autao » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:57 pm

In via status check this morning. Pretty pumped.

PirateCap'n

Silver

Post by PirateCap'n » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:59 pm

autao wrote:In via status check this morning. Pretty pumped.
+1

sufjan

Bronze

Post by sufjan » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:05 pm

PirateCap'n wrote:
autao wrote:In via status check this morning. Pretty pumped.
+1
congrats guys. still under review here

what are your stats?

any scholarship info?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

PirateCap'n

Silver

Post by PirateCap'n » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:10 pm

Doesn't mention scholarships. Just says congratulations. I assume that info will come in the mail.

ericjh

New

Post by ericjh » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:10 pm

stats?

mitchegs

New

Post by mitchegs » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:12 pm

This is really weird, but my status checker said I had been accepted. I then logged out and got back on and then it said my application was still in review. Has this happened to anyone?

PirateCap'n

Silver

Post by PirateCap'n » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:14 pm

mitchegs wrote:This is really weird, but my status checker said I had been accepted. I then logged out and got back on and then it said my application was still in review. Has this happened to anyone?

Mine did the same. Maybe I spoke too soon.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

mitchegs

New

Post by mitchegs » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:15 pm

What were your stats if you don't mind me asking?

PirateCap'n

Silver

Post by PirateCap'n » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:16 pm

Mid-160s, >3.8

mitchegs

New

Post by mitchegs » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:17 pm

Ok. That sucks if it was an error or something. I might call and see what's up.

ericjh

New

Post by ericjh » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:18 pm

i vote on you calling

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

PirateCap'n

Silver

Post by PirateCap'n » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:20 pm

I called. Apparently, it was a mistake. The lady I spoke to said I was still in committee.

ericjh

New

Post by ericjh » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:20 pm

eff uga. get your sh*t straight

bonnieblue

Bronze

Post by bonnieblue » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:21 pm

why is it that every school I apply to has status checker difficulties........ did she say how long until they start making decisions?

mitchegs

New

Post by mitchegs » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:22 pm

Their status checker is all messed up. I just got on and it said my application had been received, but it was not compete, even though it has been complete for a couple of weeks. Oh well.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ericjh

New

Post by ericjh » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:23 pm

dont understand how it can be so messed up.

PirateCap'n

Silver

Post by PirateCap'n » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:23 pm

bonnieblue wrote:why is it that every school I apply to has status checker difficulties........ did she say how long until they start making decisions?
I didn't think to ask, and she didn't say. She didn't act surprised when I mentioned that it showed I had been admitted though, so maybe they have begun making decisions.

ericjh

New

Post by ericjh » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:24 pm

when did you submit./ go complete?

PirateCap'n

Silver

Post by PirateCap'n » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:29 pm

ericjh wrote:when did you submit./ go complete?
I don't remember exactly, but it was pretty early on.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”