Univ of Georgia Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
keg411

Platinum

Re: Univ of Georgia

Post by keg411 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:37 am

UGA, I <3 you . I am suffering through the LSAT again Saturday for you. PleasetakemeafterIownit, okay?? ;).

Midnight Rider

New

Post by Midnight Rider » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:48 am

amlittle wrote:In at UGA via status checker!!! I was a UGA undergrad though so that might be why there was such a quick reply (less than a 2 week wait)!!
3.13/164
Congrats! You going to stay in Athens?

entrechatsix

Bronze

Post by entrechatsix » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:45 pm

keg411 wrote:UGA, I <3 you . I am suffering through the LSAT again Saturday for you. PleasetakemeafterIownit, okay?? ;).
good luck!!

TheBigMediocre

Silver

Post by TheBigMediocre » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:52 pm

Anyone familiar with Athens able to give me a list of realty websites or contacts? I'd appreciate it!

bissey

Bronze

Post by bissey » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:08 pm

TheBigMediocre wrote:Anyone familiar with Athens able to give me a list of realty websites or contacts? I'd appreciate it!
http://www.bulldogrent.com/

The law school is a very short walk from downtown. If you want cheaper, you will have to drive or take the bus (which generally sucks, except for a few places), but anything works since it's all going to be of similar distance to the law school. Athens is pretty small. If you give more specifics as to what you are looking for, I can be of more help.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

dhatfie1

Bronze

Post by dhatfie1 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:56 pm

I sent in my app. on 1/31, 164/3.4, I should still have a good chance of getting in right?? Georgia would probably be my number one choice. I applied here late due to family issues which compelled me to apply to places closer to my home state (KY) and to my brother (NC). Now I have the opportunity so I luckily was able to get it in right before the merit scholarship consideration deadline. Here's to the next 2 weeks-month of waiting!

eandy

Gold

Post by eandy » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:39 pm

Anybody know how much the seat deposit is and when it is due? I'm a poor college student so I am trying to figure out what my highest seat deposit will/would be so that I can start getting the money together now.

entrechatsix

Bronze

Post by entrechatsix » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:53 pm

eandy wrote:Anybody know how much the seat deposit is and when it is due? I'm a poor college student so I am trying to figure out what my highest seat deposit will/would be so that I can start getting the money together now.
from the web site...
To secure your seat in the Georgia Law Class of 2013, you must submit your $50 first deposit by April 15, 2010. This nonrefundable deposit is credited toward your fall 2010 tuition.

flowerpot

New

Post by flowerpot » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:19 pm

In at Georgia today via status checker! 3.3/168, so excited!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Noguchi

New

Post by Noguchi » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:43 pm

Last edited by Noguchi on Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lawhawk

Bronze

Post by lawhawk » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:48 pm

Anybody that was held get in today?

or this year?

mytwocents

Bronze

Post by mytwocents » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:57 pm

lawhawk wrote:Anybody that was held get in today?

or this year?
not that I know of, and I've been watching this board pretty closely since I got held (mid-Nov).

Is it weird for UGA to hold people this long? I feel like if this was standard admissions procedure, someone with prior experience with this would talk about it...but that hasn't happened. Also, I think this "held" thing is a modified waitlist, so I'm not expecting to hear until March or April to be honest.

lawhawk

Bronze

Post by lawhawk » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:00 pm

mytwocents wrote:

or this year?
not that I know of, and I've been watching this board pretty closely since I got held (mid-Nov).

Is it weird for UGA to hold people this long? I feel like if this was standard admissions procedure, someone with prior experience with this would talk about it...but that hasn't happened. Also, I think this "held" thing is a modified waitlist, so I'm not expecting to hear until March or April to be honest.

Yeah I think it is a modified waitlist. But I retook in December and got a 164. I have been anxiously waiting to hear something. Just wondering if anyone else was in a similar boat. Anyone?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lookingforlaw

New

Post by lookingforlaw » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:43 pm

mytwocents wrote:

or this year?

From what I heard about last year, they held people into June. I've heard (but I have no idea if this is true) that they are trying to have most people off the list by April, whether it's a yes or no. I noticed on LSN that a lot more people have been getting accepted. I was watching someone with numbers similar to mine, and I noticed that the person was accepted on 1/28 with 161/3.87, which makes me think they are starting to act on splitters, getting in higher GPA kids now... or rather I really, really hope.

Good luck everyone!

TheBigMediocre

Silver

Post by TheBigMediocre » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:39 am

Anyone hear anything in the past couple of days about tuition equalization offers for out-of-staters? I was hoping that my stats locked me in for that but with how this application cycle is going I have no idea anymore.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:03 am

TheBigMediocre wrote:Anyone hear anything in the past couple of days about tuition equalization offers for out-of-staters? I was hoping that my stats locked me in for that but with how this application cycle is going I have no idea anymore.
Same story for me. Show me the (free) money.

amlittle

New

Post by amlittle » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:12 pm

Midnight Rider wrote:
amlittle wrote:In at UGA via status checker!!! I was a UGA undergrad though so that might be why there was such a quick reply (less than a 2 week wait)!!
3.13/164
Congrats! You going to stay in Athens?
I'm pretty sure...I applied to a couple reach schools, but I can't imagine I'll do better than UGA (which I'm totally fine with)! I was pretty antsy to get out of Athens (I'm sure thats shocking to some) but as soon as I found out I was soooo excited about it!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

mango26

Bronze

Post by mango26 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:15 pm

my status checker still says that i still need to apply, but one of the admissions people told me about a week or so ago that it was under review...did this happen with anyone else's status checker??

colforbin

Bronze

Post by colforbin » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:34 pm

just received a tuition equalizer in the mail. kind of a bummer that it's only good for 1 year, but it's definitely better than nothing.

stats: OOS, 161, 164, 3.69

autao

New

Post by autao » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:39 pm

Where do you live? I live about three hours from Athens so I am wondering if i will receive one today.

minkins

New

Post by minkins » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:58 pm

colforbin wrote:just received a tuition equalizer in the mail. kind of a bummer that it's only good for 1 year, but it's definitely better than nothing.

stats: OOS, 161, 164, 3.69
Congrats! I think the reason they offer it for one year is that apparently it's quite easy to get residency for the remaining two.

I'm excited because my stats are similar... hopefully I'll get it too!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

colforbin

Bronze

Post by colforbin » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:02 pm

i'm in ohio.

autao

New

Post by autao » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:10 pm

colforbin wrote:i'm in ohio.
Thanks, and I forgot to say congratulations.

cyc4q

New

Post by cyc4q » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:34 pm

I just toured UGA this past weekend, and I loved it (despite the unseasonal wet and cold weather, according to my tour guide). I'm pretty sure I'll end up in Athens this fall (already admitted 164 / 3.36). Still trying to give the schools in Virginia a fair shot though. If by chance I can manage to snag the tuition equalizer, I'm pretty sure it's a done deal. So fingers crossed!

TheBigMediocre

Silver

Post by TheBigMediocre » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:38 pm

Just opened my mailbox to find an offer of tuition equalization in the mail from UGA! Moves my first year tuition and fees from $30,226 to $14,448 and I already had plans of establishing residency for years two and three.

This nearly seals the deal for me unless Emory comes up big or Vandy does something unusual.

Stats in profile or if you're too lazy, 3.3/170

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”