Univ of Georgia Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lawhawk

Bronze

Re: Univ of Georgia

Post by lawhawk » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:33 am

I was on the "app reviewed. held for further review" wagon. Just checked bc i saw that als06h was having some weird things happen. Now I'm under review again.

btw i have a 163...come on uga! haha

even though I guess I could get denied if they are reviewing me again...

Al Swearengen

New

Post by Al Swearengen » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:03 am

Just checked mine and I went from "Held for Further Review" to Admitted. I know they are having technical issues with the status checker right now, but this is just mean....

bighead715

Bronze

Post by bighead715 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:10 am

Al Swearengen wrote:Just checked mine and I went from "Held for Further Review" to Admitted. I know they are having technical issues with the status checker right now, but this is just mean....
ummmmmmmmm, youre in...sound more excited... :roll:

Al Swearengen

New

Post by Al Swearengen » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:13 am

bighead715 wrote:
Al Swearengen wrote:Just checked mine and I went from "Held for Further Review" to Admitted. I know they are having technical issues with the status checker right now, but this is just mean....
ummmmmmmmm, youre in...sound more excited... :roll:
i would had i not looked earlier tonight and seen that I was still being held for further review at 7:30. Something is fishy and I don't think they are updating decisions late at night.

KansasSplitter

New

Post by KansasSplitter » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:19 am

Also in...extremely not cool if it's a decoy, I can't handle another W&L style fakeout.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bighead715

Bronze

Post by bighead715 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:29 am

if ur worried, call em in the AM

SeymourShowz

Bronze

Post by SeymourShowz » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:31 am

just checked it this morning... looks like I'm moving along..
Your application is being reviewed by the Admissions Committee.

KansasSplitter

New

Post by KansasSplitter » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:00 am

Back to under review this morning, as opposed to "Congratulations, you have been admitted to the class of 2013".

I have plenty of patience, but head fakes suck soooooooo bad. Second one in two weeks at UGA.

LSATfromNC

Silver

Post by LSATfromNC » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:17 am

KansasSplitter wrote:Back to under review this morning, as opposed to "Congratulations, you have been admitted to the class of 2013".

I have plenty of patience, but head fakes suck soooooooo bad. Second one in two weeks at UGA.
Damn, that really stinks. I hope it all works out for you. I wonder if this glitch will create some animosity towards UGA, I know it did when W&L screwed up.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Al Swearengen

New

Post by Al Swearengen » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:25 am

KansasSplitter wrote:Back to under review this morning, as opposed to "Congratulations, you have been admitted to the class of 2013".

back to held for further review this morning rather than admitted. so lame.

SeymourShowz

Bronze

Post by SeymourShowz » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:51 am

Now when I log in I can't even see my status... just the link to the LSAC status checker for which I do not have a login/password. Did UGA e-mail yall the l/p for this page?

als06h

New

Post by als06h » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:07 pm

same thing happened to me last night and this morning. this is just evil! grr.

nyskidude

Bronze

Post by nyskidude » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:11 pm

Just got the held for further review message... I guess it can be a good thing, although it is chopping my goal of getting into a T20...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

doinmybest

Bronze

Post by doinmybest » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:44 pm

nyskidude wrote:Just got the held for further review message... I guess it can be a good thing, although it is chopping my goal of getting into a T20...
UGA is 35 right?

Well I called... I never received an "app received" email, and I never got a status checker. So I called today to rant, but the lady told me I had been admitted already. So I was just like... thanks bye!

adingman

New

Post by adingman » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:27 pm

Just called the admissions office because I also received the "File reviewed. Held for further review" She said that does not mean I have been wait listed. It means that my application has been reviewed and now they are sending it to a different committee and that a decision hasn't been made. She said that if we are wait listed it will say so.

mugwump

New

Post by mugwump » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:39 pm

adingman wrote:Just called the admissions office because I also received the "File reviewed. Held for further review" She said that does not mean I have been wait listed. It means that my application has been reviewed and now they are sending it to a different committee and that a decision hasn't been made. She said that if we are wait listed it will say so.
+1

TarheelHopeful

New

Post by TarheelHopeful » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:42 pm

This UGA stuff is about to give me a heart attack!! My status checker said accepted 11/13/09, but I had heard about their problems with the online checker, so I was skeptical. I finally got my letter in the mail, but then my checker went back to saying "under review". I called (the woman was very nice) and said I was definitely accepted since I got a letter. She also checked the system to make sure. I have a 3.05/164 (NC resident) so you can understand my skepticism. Not a URM, but I do have a great personal statement/academic addendum that explains serious family issues (The kind that my undergrad school could verify parts of). Anyways, I think I'll be going to UGA since I doubt I'll get in to UNC, William and Mary, or Washington and Lee.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

mytwocents

Bronze

Post by mytwocents » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:47 pm

TarheelHopeful wrote:This UGA stuff is about to give me a heart attack!! My status checker said accepted 11/13/09, but I had heard about their problems with the online checker, so I was skeptical. I finally got my letter in the mail, but then my checker went back to saying "under review". I called (the woman was very nice) and said I was definitely accepted since I got a letter. She also checked the system to make sure. I have a 3.05/164 (NC resident) so you can understand my skepticism. Not a URM, but I do have a great personal statement/academic addendum that explains serious family issues (The kind that my undergrad school could verify parts of). Anyways, I think I'll be going to UGA since I doubt I'll get in to UNC, William and Mary, or Washington and Lee.
You're in-state in NC though, right? I'd say you still have a decent shot at UNC..we won't hear until at least February though, UGH.

I've been "held for further review" at UGA all this week, and haven't gotten any false alarms (be them status checker or otherwise), sooo...that might be a good thing? Hope so!

doinmybest

Bronze

Post by doinmybest » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:58 pm

als06h wrote:

als06h

New

Post by als06h » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:00 pm

doinmybest wrote:
als06h wrote:

newsjunkie

New

Post by newsjunkie » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:18 pm

mugwump wrote:
adingman wrote:Just called the admissions office because I also received the "File reviewed. Held for further review" She said that does not mean I have been wait listed. It means that my application has been reviewed and now they are sending it to a different committee and that a decision hasn't been made. She said that if we are wait listed it will say so.
+1
+1

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

SeymourShowz

Bronze

Post by SeymourShowz » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:33 pm

Can someone please explain to me how you are checking your status?? I don't want to bother the admissions office anymore.

I registered for the prospective student page, then I entered my LSAC #, but the link under "Application status" sends me to an LSAC status checker where I need an additional login and passowrd... did yall get a UGA e-mail with this additional login and passowrd?

SeymourShowz

Bronze

Post by SeymourShowz » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:49 pm

School? wrote:Yes you will get an email with a login and temporary password that you'll need to change....
damn... I wish they would go ahead and send it.. it's been a week already.

thanks for the info.

LSATfromNC

Silver

Post by LSATfromNC » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:21 pm

doinmybest wrote:
nyskidude wrote:Just got the held for further review message... I guess it can be a good thing, although it is chopping my goal of getting into a T20...
UGA is 35 right?

Well I called... I never received an "app received" email, and I never got a status checker. So I called today to rant, but the lady told me I had been admitted already. So I was just like... thanks bye!
Yeah, if you follow US News :) Whatever school I attend will actually be number 1, according to the lsatfromnc law school rankings. FYI, library footage will count!

crombot

Bronze

Post by crombot » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:13 am

TarheelHopeful wrote:This UGA stuff is about to give me a heart attack!! My status checker said accepted 11/13/09, but I had heard about their problems with the online checker, so I was skeptical. I finally got my letter in the mail, but then my checker went back to saying "under review". I called (the woman was very nice) and said I was definitely accepted since I got a letter. She also checked the system to make sure. I have a 3.05/164 (NC resident) so you can understand my skepticism. Not a URM, but I do have a great personal statement/academic addendum that explains serious family issues (The kind that my undergrad school could verify parts of). Anyways, I think I'll be going to UGA since I doubt I'll get in to UNC, William and Mary, or Washington and Lee.
I was accepted 15 days after submitting my app, then hearing there was a glitch made me think for sure my acceptance wasn't real. But I got my letter in the mail yesterday, sooo if what ^^^ says about the snail mail letter being real, I will not be so nervous anymore..

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”