Univ of Georgia Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
judge_chamberlain

New

Re: Univ of Georgia

Post by judge_chamberlain » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:12 pm

eagerbeaver wrote:
judge_chamberlain wrote:
eagerbeaver wrote:
judge_chamberlain wrote:Would any z's (or members of other sections) like to get a group together for dinner or drinks before orientation?
That's a great idea. I'm a Z and I'm definitely up for dinner or drinks. I'll be out of town this weekend but would be game for something early next week.

Also, Z's, was anyone able to get their hands on the supplement for civ pro? It wasn't in stock when I went to the bookstore although, admittedly, I ran to the bookstore immediately after getting the section assignments email and may have been too early. I also noticed that it wasn't supposed to be published until July 30, 2010...so, maybe that explains the delay. Thanks for any insight.
Great. For those who are interested, would Tuesday be a good day?

I have not yet attempted to get the civ pro supplement.
I'm in if Tuesday works for everyone else. I'd be up for any of married0L's suggested venues!
Glad you all are interested.
Married0L- your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to select the venue. I'm also up for any of them.

married0L

New

Post by married0L » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:57 am

Wow, your putting the old boring married guy in charge of choosing the venue. Bold move.

I am fine for whatever. I am a big fan Highwire and Trappeze as well as Blue Sky, though. If anyone has any strong feelings one way or the other, let it be known. If not, we'll plan on Blue Sky on Tuesday.

missvik218

Silver

Post by missvik218 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:05 pm

Another Z here in for pre-orientation drinks on Tuesday! There is a facebook group for our section, see the CO 2013 page for a link .. You might get a good response if you post this get together there I think we have like 12 members or something?

I also tried the bookstore for the Civ Pro Supplement but couldn't find it. I'm planning on trying back next week.

Looking forward to meeting everyone soon (all sections)!!

judge_chamberlain

New

Post by judge_chamberlain » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:54 pm

married0L wrote:Wow, your putting the old boring married guy in charge of choosing the venue. Bold move.

I am fine for whatever. I am a big fan Highwire and Trappeze as well as Blue Sky, though. If anyone has any strong feelings one way or the other, let it be known. If not, we'll plan on Blue Sky on Tuesday.
Sounds good. Is 7 pm good for everyone?

married0L

New

Post by married0L » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:28 am

I'll do whatever time, but knowing Athens, there won't be ANYONE downtown until at least 9.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

judge_chamberlain

New

Post by judge_chamberlain » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:56 am

9 is good. I'm not too familiar with Athens yet so I'll go with whatever you all want to do.

rewind108

New

Post by rewind108 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:36 pm

Any Zs (or anyone else really) interested in rooming? I know, it's egregiously late in the game, but might as well ask.

If anyone has housing available near the school and needs a roommate, please let me know.

judge_chamberlain

New

Post by judge_chamberlain » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:12 am

rewind108 wrote:Any Zs (or anyone else really) interested in rooming? I know, it's egregiously late in the game, but might as well ask.

If anyone has housing available near the school and needs a roommate, please let me know.
PMed

eagerbeaver

New

Post by eagerbeaver » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:54 pm

Hey--I'm just leaving another 1L party and was headed to dinner downtown. Is anyone still going to blue sky tonight??

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

cariberry

New

Post by cariberry » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:00 pm

Blah. I failed at the Blue Sky meeting. Alas. My friend and I wandered for a while and didn't find it the night of. The next day, we saw it and repeatedly cursed it.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”