Univ of Georgia Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
tinyone

Bronze

Re: Univ of Georgia

Post by tinyone » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:44 am

Has anyone gotten any additional mailings beyond the acceptance letter? My status checker says that two letters, in addition to an acceptance have been mailed. One was sent on 11/17 and the other on 11/19. I live in Atlanta so I wouldn't think that it would take 4+ days to get to me...

TruckerD

Bronze

Post by TruckerD » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:47 am

tinyone wrote:Has anyone gotten any additional mailings beyond the acceptance letter? My status checker says that two letters, in addition to an acceptance have been mailed. One was sent on 11/17 and the other on 11/19. I live in Atlanta so I wouldn't think that it would take 4+ days to get to me...
I have the same on mine. I wonder what they are. :?:

The Zeppelin

Bronze

Post by The Zeppelin » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:53 am

ntzsch wrote:
TruckerD wrote:
tinyone wrote:Has anyone gotten any additional mailings beyond the acceptance letter? My status checker says that two letters, in addition to an acceptance have been mailed. One was sent on 11/17 and the other on 11/19. I live in Atlanta so I wouldn't think that it would take 4+ days to get to me...
same. :?:
IN today via status checker. Admitted last year, so not worried if it's a status checker error.

IIRC, one of the letters is a congrats from the dean. The other is probably an in-state tuition offer for at least the first semester.

I received about 6 scholarship letters last year. I hope they match my final offer again.

PirateCap'n

Silver

Post by PirateCap'n » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:36 pm

ntzsch wrote:
TruckerD wrote:
+1 to all.

Zojirushi

Bronze

Post by Zojirushi » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:58 pm

Finally received my status checker login/PW.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Nikiya

New

Post by Nikiya » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:26 pm

I received the link to the status checker today. When I logged on, I saw that I was accepted 11/19. A little late for that email.

I got my acceptance letter in the mail today too.

This is my first acceptance, so I'm pretty excited!

solotee

Bronze

Post by solotee » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:07 pm

Got my acceptance letter in the mail today. For those wondering, the scholarships are determined around January and are awarded by the end of February.

solotee

Bronze

Post by solotee » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:10 pm

The Zeppelin wrote:
ntzsch wrote:
TruckerD wrote:
IN today via status checker. Admitted last year, so not worried if it's a status checker error.

IIRC, one of the letters is a congrats from the dean. The other is probably an in-state tuition offer for at least the first semester.

I received about 6 scholarship letters last year. I hope they match my final offer again.
Hey, if you don't mind sharing, how much total aid did you receive from them last year?

The Zeppelin

Bronze

Post by The Zeppelin » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:33 pm

solotee wrote:
The Zeppelin wrote: IN today via status checker. Admitted last year, so not worried if it's a status checker error.

Hey, if you don't mind sharing, how much total aid did you receive from them last year?
From an OOS student's perspective, about 90%. Screwed up my deferral, so I had to reapply. Fortunately, I was accepted about a week after I went complete.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

LSATfromNC

Silver

Post by LSATfromNC » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:53 pm

I gotta ask, how do you screw up a deferral?

The Zeppelin

Bronze

Post by The Zeppelin » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:56 pm

LSATfromNC wrote:I gotta ask, how do you screw up a deferral?
You miss one of the deposit deadlines. Of course, the issue was slightly more complicated.
Last edited by The Zeppelin on Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zojirushi

Bronze

Post by Zojirushi » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:52 pm

Application fail for me. I received a letter last night showing that I had forgotten to check a box. :|

doinmybest

Bronze

Post by doinmybest » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:00 pm

Received my status checker... 7 days after I was admitted. For those that did not go to UGA undergrad, this is typical UGA.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

The Zeppelin

Bronze

Post by The Zeppelin » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:05 pm

doinmybest wrote:Received my status checker... 7 days after I was admitted. For those that did not go to UGA undergrad, this is typical UGA.
I think I received mine on the same day.

newsjunkie

New

Post by newsjunkie » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:45 pm

"File reviewed. Held for further review" -- is this better/worse than being waitlisted?

The Zeppelin

Bronze

Post by The Zeppelin » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:51 pm

School? wrote:Well maybe i should worry.. i've had my status checker for 2 weeks...and still 'under review'
I guess that depends on your numbers.

The Zeppelin

Bronze

Post by The Zeppelin » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:52 pm

newsjunkie wrote:"File reviewed. Held for further review" -- is this better/worse than being waitlisted?
Seems better than a WL.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Doritos

Silver

Post by Doritos » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:40 pm

newsjunkie wrote:"File reviewed. Held for further review" -- is this better/worse than being waitlisted?

Got the same

ericjh

New

Post by ericjh » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:53 pm

me too. thought i was auto reject being at 25th for both numbers

lawhawk

Bronze

Post by lawhawk » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:05 pm

It sounds like everybody who is under a 164 lsat got the held for further review thing.

doinmybest

Bronze

Post by doinmybest » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:07 pm

The Zeppelin wrote:
Seems better than a WL.
+1

I'm betting its better than being WL. Perhaps they are deciding whether to admit you or WL you. Keep your fingers crossed and good luck.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Doritos

Silver

Post by Doritos » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:18 pm

doinmybest wrote:
The Zeppelin wrote:
Seems better than a WL.
+1

I'm betting its better than being WL. Perhaps they are deciding whether to admit you or WL you. Keep your fingers crossed and good luck.
Weird thing is I've been admitted w/ scholarship $$$ at multiple schools ranked higher than them so I was expecting a relatively quick admit. this whole thing is so unpredictable...

The Zeppelin

Bronze

Post by The Zeppelin » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:20 pm

Doritos wrote:
doinmybest wrote:
The Zeppelin wrote:
Seems better than a WL.
+1

Weird thing is I've been admitted w/ scholarship $$$ at multiple schools ranked higher than them so I was expecting a relatively quick admit. this whole thing is so unpredictable...
Remember, Midwest schools and Bama don't count.

j/k

Doritos

Silver

Post by Doritos » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:23 pm

The Zeppelin wrote: Remember, Midwest schools and Bama don't count.

j/k

how did you know it was me haha. dont tell the adcomms...

atlantalaw

Bronze

Post by atlantalaw » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:46 pm

still taking questions. UGA undergrad who is a 1L now.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”