Penn State 2010 application cycle

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
tomato
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:55 pm

Re: Penn State 2010 application cycle

Postby tomato » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:59 pm

hushu wrote:
pjl35 wrote:
hushu wrote:in via email on 2/25
just got the envelop
no scholly though :(


where are you located? just curious to see when i should be expecting my envelope



i'm in philly
the letter is actually dated 3/4


hushu,

If you don't mind my asking, what are your LSAT and GPA? I am waiting for my packet, too.

Maybe when people start turning scholarships down to attend elsewhere some money will open up. That does happen.

User avatar
hushu
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:14 pm

Re: Penn State 2010 application cycle

Postby hushu » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:49 pm

tomato,

my numbers 162/3.28

good luck with your app.!

tomato
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:55 pm

Re: Penn State 2010 application cycle

Postby tomato » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:53 pm

hushu wrote:tomato,

my numbers 162/3.28

good luck with your app.!


I'm surprised they didn't give you money.

Thanks. Good luck to you, too. Hopefully some money will become available and they'll be sending you another letter within the next month or so.

pjl35
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:33 pm

Re: Penn State 2010 application cycle

Postby pjl35 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:11 pm

Got my acceptance packet in the mail today too. No scholarship offered unfortunately :(

User avatar
nick637
Posts: 246
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:24 pm

Re: Penn State 2010 application cycle

Postby nick637 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:29 pm

got my acceptance packet, no scholly

160/3.57

tomato
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:55 pm

Re: Penn State 2010 application cycle

Postby tomato » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:44 pm

nick637 wrote:got my acceptance packet, no scholly

160/3.57


Do you think they gave them all out? Gosh, I hope not, but your numbers would seem to warrant a scholarship judging by LSN. Penn State is really my top choice, but I would go to a higher ranked school if I received no money from PSU. Other state schools offer in state tuition after a year, making them cheaper.

User avatar
nick637
Posts: 246
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:24 pm

Re: Penn State 2010 application cycle

Postby nick637 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:49 pm

tomato wrote:
nick637 wrote:got my acceptance packet, no scholly

160/3.57


Do you think they gave them all out? Gosh, I hope not, but your numbers would seem to warrant a scholarship judging by LSN. Penn State is really my top choice, but I would go to a higher ranked school if I received no money from PSU. Other state schools offer in state tuition after a year, making them cheaper.


It looks like anyone around my numbers are getting in without scholarship. I was surprised, because like you, I saw people around my numbers who recieved at least some scholly money. PSU was my top choice but def not worth sticker.

tomato
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:55 pm

Re: Penn State 2010 application cycle

Postby tomato » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:51 pm

nick637 wrote:
tomato wrote:
nick637 wrote:got my acceptance packet, no scholly

160/3.57


Do you think they gave them all out? Gosh, I hope not, but your numbers would seem to warrant a scholarship judging by LSN. Penn State is really my top choice, but I would go to a higher ranked school if I received no money from PSU. Other state schools offer in state tuition after a year, making them cheaper.


It looks like anyone around my numbers are getting in without scholarship. I was surprised, because like you, I saw people around my numbers who recieved at least some scholly money. PSU was my top choice but def not worth sticker.


So, do you think they gave them all out? It looks like there are people with your numbers who did receive money, judging by LSN. Or maybe I'm wrong. Maybe your numbers are just below the cutoff for the matrix they might be using. It does appear that there is a GPA LSAT combo that they use to hand them out.
Last edited by tomato on Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
nick637
Posts: 246
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:24 pm

Re: Penn State 2010 application cycle

Postby nick637 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:53 pm

I don't know if they gave them all out or not, but it sure looks that way

tomato
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:55 pm

Re: Penn State 2010 application cycle

Postby tomato » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:54 pm

nick637 wrote:I don't know if they gave them all out or not, but it sure looks that way


Well, I'm probably going to be in the same boat as you then. Hopefully more money will become available later.

User avatar
nick637
Posts: 246
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:24 pm

Re: Penn State 2010 application cycle

Postby nick637 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:01 pm

Well Good luck to you, hopefully you fare better than i did!

lawman2010
Posts: 119
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:02 pm

Re: Penn State 2010 application cycle

Postby lawman2010 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:03 pm

Just got my packet today. $45K over three years. Penn State is in play!

tomato
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:55 pm

Re: Penn State 2010 application cycle

Postby tomato » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:27 pm

lawman2010 wrote:Just got my packet today. $45K over three years. Penn State is in play!


Good luck to you too, Nick! Like I said, people might turn down scholarships and opt for other schools, thus opening the door.

User avatar
jbarl1
Posts: 563
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:40 pm

Re: Penn State 2010 application cycle

Postby jbarl1 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:36 pm

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=108815&p=2676444#p2676444

For those going to an Open House...

j32f
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:18 pm

Re: Penn State 2010 application cycle

Postby j32f » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:50 pm

I didn't get anything with a 3.7 and a 160. That takes Penn State out in my mind so I'll likely withdraw this week.

User avatar
jvc
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:30 pm

Re: Penn State 2010 application cycle

Postby jvc » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:13 am

Hey guys! First time poster on this forum.

I was accepted to Penn State a couple of weeks ago and received my packet last week. They offered me 15k over three years.

Anybody going to the Open House at University Park on the 20th?

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: Penn State 2010 application cycle

Postby traehekat » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:35 am

Probably withdrawing soon with $60k, so for those still holding out for money or on the WL, there's a little extra hope for you.

User avatar
jbarl1
Posts: 563
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:40 pm

Re: Penn State 2010 application cycle

Postby jbarl1 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:29 am

jvc wrote:Hey guys! First time poster on this forum.

I was accepted to Penn State a couple of weeks ago and received my packet last week. They offered me 15k over three years.

Anybody going to the Open House at University Park on the 20th?


See my post a few slots up...there is a thread for the Open House attendees.

huskylives
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:44 pm

Re: Penn State 2010 application cycle

Postby huskylives » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:30 am

Haven't heard anything yet, but I applied early-to-mid-Feb. 165/4.0. If I don't get offered a whole lotta money they're off my list.

User avatar
bitlrc
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:52 pm

Re: Penn State 2010 application cycle

Postby bitlrc » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:30 am

traehekat wrote:Probably withdrawing soon with $60k, so for those still holding out for money or on the WL, there's a little extra hope for you.


same here..good luck everyone else, hopefully there will be some extra money coming your way

User avatar
jbarl1
Posts: 563
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:40 pm

Re: Penn State 2010 application cycle

Postby jbarl1 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:48 pm

So...I just received an application fee waiver to apply to Penn State...I have been accepted and received a merit scholarship already. Can I ask for my application fee to be refunded?

User avatar
smartin
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:40 pm

Re: Penn State 2010 application cycle

Postby smartin » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:55 pm

jbarl1 wrote:So...I just received an application fee waiver to apply to Penn State...I have been accepted and received a merit scholarship already. Can I ask for my application fee to be refunded?


+1 except they waived my fee back in December. Oh, and the email says "Last year more than a third of our incoming class were awarded merit scholarships. Your recent LSAT score suggests that you could be a competitive applicant here."

I didn't get any money. Yet.

User avatar
sixburgher
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:35 pm

Re: Penn State 2010 application cycle

Postby sixburgher » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:03 pm

smartin wrote:
jbarl1 wrote:So...I just received an application fee waiver to apply to Penn State...I have been accepted and received a merit scholarship already. Can I ask for my application fee to be refunded?


+1 except they waived my fee back in December. Oh, and the email says "Last year more than a third of our incoming class were awarded merit scholarships. Your recent LSAT score suggests that you could be a competitive applicant here."

I didn't get any money. Yet.


Also already accepted, fee waived initially in November, and today received a fee waiver encouraging me to apply.

Shoddy work from PSU law admissions

User avatar
nick637
Posts: 246
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:24 pm

Re: Penn State 2010 application cycle

Postby nick637 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:26 pm

thanks for the second fee waiver penn state.

User avatar
bstrunk
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:26 pm

Re: Penn State 2010 application cycle

Postby bstrunk » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:33 pm

Ask them for the $12 back from sending the LSAC report!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”