Penn State 2010 application cycle

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
bruffin
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:31 pm

Re: Penn State 2010 application cycle

Postby bruffin » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:35 pm

In via email and status checker today!!!

User avatar
badwithpseudonyms
Posts: 815
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: Penn State 2010 application cycle

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:42 pm

OGR3 wrote:The status date was the only thing that changed. It's frustrating because I should be an auto-admit via LSP and Penn State is one of my top choices.


You may very well be an auto-admit, but you only went UR a week before they closed for break. They haven't even given scholarships yet (probably more important to an auto-admit), so just assume you're in when they get around to reading your file. And try to keep your pants on. :lol:

User avatar
OGR3
Posts: 881
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:56 pm

Re: Penn State 2010 application cycle

Postby OGR3 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:46 pm

Haha, thanks! I guess the stress of going almost two weeks without hearing anything from my schools was getting to me yesterday. My pants are back on.

User avatar
badwithpseudonyms
Posts: 815
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: Penn State 2010 application cycle

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:00 pm

OGR3 wrote:Haha, thanks! I guess the stress of going almost two weeks without hearing anything from my schools was getting to me yesterday. My pants are back on.


Well, (in the interest of full disclosure) it's easy for me to say, as I already heard back. :oops: But yeah, that week and a half where not much goes on is killer. I don't want to jinx you, but I'll say this: By the looks of Penn State's LSN, I don't think they are in the business of rejecting any auto-admits.

If you insist on not wearing pants, take it to the lounge. :lol:

sabathia27
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:05 am

Re: Penn State 2010 application cycle

Postby sabathia27 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:18 pm

bruffin wrote:In via email and status checker today!!!



when did you go complete?

bruffin
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:31 pm

Re: Penn State 2010 application cycle

Postby bruffin » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:30 pm

Early November if I remember correctly.

joliveri
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:03 am

Re: Penn State 2010 application cycle

Postby joliveri » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:50 pm

bruffin wrote:Early November if I remember correctly.


numbers?

User avatar
Nicholasnickynic
Posts: 1126
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:21 pm

Re: Penn State 2010 application cycle

Postby Nicholasnickynic » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:36 am

Anyone know when they are going to start telling us about scholarships?

bruffin
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:31 pm

Re: Penn State 2010 application cycle

Postby bruffin » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:44 am

joliveri wrote:
bruffin wrote:Early November if I remember correctly.


numbers?


162
3.0

jkc939
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:19 pm

Re: Penn State 2010 application cycle

Postby jkc939 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:22 pm

kalvano wrote:I've gone complete at Penn. I hope to get an answer soon, as my numbers are at or above the median (3.23, 164).



I think you should be in pretty good shape. I was admitted at least 2 weeks ago with a 3.25 and 162, so I wouldn't stress it too much. The 164 alone should get you in, and i assume get you some money as well (they told me theyd send me scholarship info sometime this month)

burvowski
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:13 pm

Re: Penn State 2010 application cycle

Postby burvowski » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:49 pm

in with 3.22 and 164

they would have to offer a decent amount of $$ for me to choose them over Pitt though

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11724
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Penn State 2010 application cycle

Postby kalvano » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:43 pm

jkc939 wrote:
kalvano wrote:I've gone complete at Penn. I hope to get an answer soon, as my numbers are at or above the median (3.23, 164).



I think you should be in pretty good shape. I was admitted at least 2 weeks ago with a 3.25 and 162, so I wouldn't stress it too much. The 164 alone should get you in, and i assume get you some money as well (they told me theyd send me scholarship info sometime this month)



I wouldn't be stressing except for the fact that I have been complete since the beginning of November.

jkc939
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:19 pm

Re: Penn State 2010 application cycle

Postby jkc939 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:32 pm

Nicholasnickynic wrote:Anyone know when they are going to start telling us about scholarships?



I am wondering the same thing. Anyone hear anything about scholarships yet? Penn State has a relatively low tuition and cost of living, so a nice scholarship on top of that would make it very difficult to pass up.

mattymatt
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:58 pm

Re: Penn State 2010 application cycle

Postby mattymatt » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:36 pm

I went under review on the 18th of December. I am above their 75th for both GPA and LSAT. Any idea how long it takes after going UR before getting a decision?

User avatar
ndirish2010
Posts: 2950
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: Penn State 2010 application cycle

Postby ndirish2010 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:19 pm

jkc939 wrote:
Nicholasnickynic wrote:Anyone know when they are going to start telling us about scholarships?



I am wondering the same thing. Anyone hear anything about scholarships yet? Penn State has a relatively low tuition and cost of living, so a nice scholarship on top of that would make it very difficult to pass up.


The acceptance email said they were going to send out mailings about scholarships starting in the middle of January

User avatar
lawgirl99
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: Penn State 2010 application cycle

Postby lawgirl99 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:40 pm

mattymatt wrote:I went under review on the 18th of December. I am above their 75th for both GPA and LSAT. Any idea how long it takes after going UR before getting a decision?



I am also curious about this. I went under review last week and am wondering how long it will be until I receive a decision. Can anyone comment on this?

PiLam163
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:19 pm

Re: Penn State 2010 application cycle

Postby PiLam163 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:55 pm

I have been under review since November 11th. I have had no change in status since. It seems like it may be a long wait depending on your numbers. I am 164/2.9. So my GPA is going to make my wait long. Not sure why so many schools list themselves as rolling admission as I do not feel that most of them true rolling admission.

User avatar
lawgirl99
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: Penn State 2010 application cycle

Postby lawgirl99 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:06 pm

Hmm...so going UR doesn't necessarily mean you will be receiving a decision anytime soon. That is good to know. Thank you :)

User avatar
jbarl1
Posts: 563
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:40 pm

Re: Penn State 2010 application cycle

Postby jbarl1 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:33 pm

I sent in my application on Friday and I haven't heard anything from them about a status checker or anything. How long did it take everyone else to get their status checker?

User avatar
lawgirl99
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: Penn State 2010 application cycle

Postby lawgirl99 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:21 pm

Mine went complete after about a week and then under review a few days after that. Nothing since then though :(

User avatar
smartin
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:40 pm

Re: Penn State 2010 application cycle

Postby smartin » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:29 pm

jbarl1 wrote:I sent in my application on Friday and I haven't heard anything from them about a status checker or anything. How long did it take everyone else to get their status checker?


I sent mine in week and got my status checker login the next day, I think.

User avatar
jbarl1
Posts: 563
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:40 pm

Re: Penn State 2010 application cycle

Postby jbarl1 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:13 pm

jbarl1 wrote:I sent in my application on Friday and I haven't heard anything from them about a status checker or anything. How long did it take everyone else to get their status checker?


Just got my status checker...app is complete :)

ram jam
Posts: 297
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 1:32 pm

Re: Penn State 2010 application cycle

Postby ram jam » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:21 pm

I went complete on 11-17-2009 and I have been "under review" since then, I have heard nothing yet.
They must not like my app.... Penn state releases in waves, I was not a part of the first wave. Hopefully I will be in the second.
Maybe they are taking time to assess a scholarship offer... just dreaming.
3.1
164

I received an email from PSu today, and I thought it might be decision... just an invitation for an online chat. I think decisions should precede online chats... who wants to chat if they are not admitted?

User avatar
usuaggie
Posts: 585
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:43 pm

Re: Penn State 2010 application cycle

Postby usuaggie » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:23 pm

got an email this morning and nearly wet myself..... just an email telling me about an online chat about the school. Maybe I wouldn't have gotten my hopes up so quickly if I was more awake, but it really wasn't fair at all.

User avatar
jbarl1
Posts: 563
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:40 pm

Re: Penn State 2010 application cycle

Postby jbarl1 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:24 pm

usuaggie wrote:got an email this morning and nearly wet myself..... just an email telling me about an online chat about the school. Maybe I wouldn't have gotten my hopes up so quickly if I was more awake, but it really wasn't fair at all.



I got the same email. I just submitted last week so I don't expect a decision anytime soon, I just can't help but hope and check the status checker religiously. :D




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 6 guests