The George Washington Law School 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
ApexChaser
Posts: 153
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:10 am

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby ApexChaser » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:49 pm

In via mail on Friday. RD, FT, submitted on 12/15, non-urm. Unfortunately, no money.

I hope to get money from somewhere in the T30 bracket...

Prime12
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby Prime12 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:22 am

WL, 169/3.15

eakelley
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:22 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby eakelley » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:26 am

has anyone who was ED/accepted RD received info about scholarships?

User avatar
Mickey Quicknumbers
Posts: 2177
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:22 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:26 am

I just filled out an application, and found out that they don't give out merit based fee waivers, and the only need based fee waivers they accept according to the lady at the admissions office are the LSAC fee waivers. So now I can throw my application in the garbage . . . or the online equivalent of the garbage.

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby CyLaw » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:38 pm

leckj wrote:
yourdadcalled wrote:168, ~3.8, $105,000

:shock:

URM? I am 168/3.6 with we and got $0 :oops:


3.6 and 3.8 is a large difference when it comes to terms of scholarship money. 3.8 will increase their GPA medians much more.

adgirl13
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby adgirl13 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:02 pm

Wait-listed on Friday.

They are definitely playing that numbers game everyone was talking about last week. In fact I don't even think they looked at my app...just the numbers.

Oh well, I'll send in a LOCI and see what happens.

User avatar
SAE
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:47 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby SAE » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:06 pm

adgirl13 wrote:Wait-listed on Friday.

They are definitely playing that numbers game everyone was talking about last week. In fact I don't even think they looked at my app...just the numbers.

Oh well, I'll send in a LOCI and see what happens.

#'s?

adgirl13
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby adgirl13 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:10 pm

166 and median GPA.

A bit surprised, but it's obvious they want to improve their rankings for next year.

stayway
Posts: 1275
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:38 am

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby stayway » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:12 pm

WL today via snail mail. quite surprised considering out low my numbers are 159/3.33.

I guess I'm basically rejected looking at others who got WL'd.

btw. im a newb what does LOCI stand for?

User avatar
SAE
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:47 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby SAE » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:16 pm

nooyyllib wrote:WL today via snail mail. quite surprised considering out low my numbers are 159/3.33.

I guess I'm basically rejected looking at others who got WL'd.

btw. im a newb what does LOCI stand for?

Letter of Continued Interest.

URM?

tesoro
Posts: 472
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:10 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby tesoro » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:16 pm

WL today, 165/3.52 PT RD.

The letter was super encouraging though. It said they expect to admit a lot of their waitlisted applicants in April and May.


nooyllib = flame i think, posted stats of 160/3.3 on GMU thread.

stayway
Posts: 1275
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:38 am

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby stayway » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:16 pm

No, i dont think being Korean is considered URM.

Oh, how do you format that? any information on it?

User avatar
blurbz
Posts: 1229
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:43 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby blurbz » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:17 pm

WLed.

167/3.25

stayway
Posts: 1275
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:38 am

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby stayway » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:17 pm

tesoro wrote:WL today, 165/3.52 PT RD.

The letter was super encouraging though. It said they expect to admit a lot of their waitlisted applicants in April and May.


nooyllib = flame i think, posted stats of 160/3.3 on GMU thread.



no, 160 was my approx number 159 is my exact number. i got rejected GMU.

User avatar
SAE
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:47 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby SAE » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:19 pm

Guys getting wl'ed, when did you go complete?

My numbers are also wl-worthy based on this thread, so I am expecting a thin envelope, too, very shortly here..

User avatar
SAE
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:47 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby SAE » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:21 pm

lol, I did not know that there was such a thing as an approximate LSAT score. In that case, I am in the 160's. :D

Korean = not URM.

stayway
Posts: 1275
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:38 am

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby stayway » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:21 pm

SAE wrote:Guys getting wl'ed, when did you go complete?

My numbers are also wl-worthy based on this thread, so I am expecting a thin envelope, too, very shortly here..


just looked at my GWU application again and found out i applied PT. I submitted my application 10/27/09 I think i got completion email around 11/3/09.

User avatar
sirchristaylor
Posts: 339
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:33 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby sirchristaylor » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:22 pm

WL: 161, 3.95. May withdraw soon.

stayway
Posts: 1275
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:38 am

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby stayway » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:23 pm

SAE wrote:lol, I did not know that there was such a thing as an approximate LSAT score. In that case, I am in the 160's. :D

Korean = not URM.


well on the report provided by lsac has a range. and I was just stating that for GMU and some other schools. (mainly to make myself feel better about myself). LoL

yes, korean is not URM.

tesoro
Posts: 472
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:10 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby tesoro » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:24 pm

SAE wrote:Guys getting wl'ed, when did you go complete?

My numbers are also wl-worthy based on this thread, so I am expecting a thin envelope, too, very shortly here..


applied 10/1, complete 11/6

User avatar
nyyankees
Posts: 484
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:50 am

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby nyyankees » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:25 pm

Prime12 wrote:WL, 169/3.15


this doesnt seem right. You should be in. Im 3.17/169 and got in, and there are a couple people with 3.06ish/169 who got in, not sure what happened here...

User avatar
chicoalto0649
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby chicoalto0649 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:27 pm

nyyankees wrote:
Prime12 wrote:WL, 169/3.15


this doesnt seem right. You should be in. Im 3.17/169 and got in, and there are a couple people with 3.06ish/169 who got in, not sure what happened here...



Maybe they actually read some of the other stuff you attatch to your application :?:

User avatar
SAE
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:47 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby SAE » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:27 pm

Hmm.. so my decision may not be that quick. I got the complete email on 12/28 when December LSAT scores came out electronically. Otherwise, app should have been complete early December.

Anyone else in same boat?

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby NancyBotwin » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:28 pm

I've been complete since 12/3, applied 11/5, and still nothing. :?

User avatar
xanderdellus
Posts: 156
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:58 am

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby xanderdellus » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:28 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
nyyankees wrote:
Prime12 wrote:WL, 169/3.15


this doesnt seem right. You should be in. Im 3.17/169 and got in, and there are a couple people with 3.06ish/169 who got in, not sure what happened here...



Maybe they actually read some of the other stuff you attatch to your application :?:



Could be just that it is later in the cycle.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], hip to be Square, mccracal, Yahoo [Bot] and 8 guests