The George Washington Law School 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
gmichaelbluth
Posts: 172
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:35 am

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby gmichaelbluth » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:43 pm

gmichaelbluth wrote:Ok so I found this: Go to https://ssl.law.gwu.edu/Admit/
And then I registered just now and it clearly recognized me and let me create a username, etc., but it won't let me in the site.


Works now...maybe they read this:).

umichgrad
Posts: 381
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:53 am

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby umichgrad » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:44 pm

gmichaelbluth wrote:
gmichaelbluth wrote:Ok so I found this: Go to https://ssl.law.gwu.edu/Admit/
And then I registered just now and it clearly recognized me and let me create a username, etc., but it won't let me in the site.


Works now...maybe they read this:).



I was able to re-register, but still got the 'access denied' message (admitted 1/17). what's up?

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby CyLaw » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:57 pm

umichgrad wrote:
gmichaelbluth wrote:
gmichaelbluth wrote:Ok so I found this: Go to https://ssl.law.gwu.edu/Admit/
And then I registered just now and it clearly recognized me and let me create a username, etc., but it won't let me in the site.


Works now...maybe they read this:).



I was able to re-register, but still got the 'access denied' message (admitted 1/17). what's up?


I think it takes a bit after your register. Probably some batch job running in the background to update your account's membership.

User avatar
Huskrfn127
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:06 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby Huskrfn127 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:53 pm

Mail came early today, in at GW. I read people receiving (substantial) scholarships along with their mailing but I didn't get any information like that. I know the packet says we can receive merit-based aid at any point after acceptance, but I'm wondering how often people get that immediately versus a while down the road. Still keeping my hopes up that they'll give me something to defray the $70k annual COL...

User avatar
monkey85
Posts: 394
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:07 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby monkey85 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:55 pm

Huskrfn127 wrote:Still keeping my hopes up that they'll give me something to defray the $70k annual COL...


I'm in the same boat and "mizzoutiger" gives us hope as he/she stated that once people with big offers pull-out, that extra money may trickle down to us. So keep on crossing your fingers!

User avatar
philosoraptor
Posts: 708
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:49 am

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby philosoraptor » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:30 pm

Waitlisted, FT/RD. Received letter today, dated yesterday, postmarked Jan. 19, complete Dec. 28. 166, 3.7, top UG, resume chock full of good stuff. Unbelievable.

When they play the numbers game, they don't mess around. On LSN, everyone who has checked in with a 167 and a >3.0 has gotten in, as of this post. Congrats to all those admitted. Just wish I'd gotten that one extra question right on the LSAT...

dakatz
Posts: 2460
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby dakatz » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:40 pm

leckj wrote:Can someone give me the rundown about GWU and $$$?

Are schollys offered separately from acceptances? If so, when? And what are the historical offers, and for what numbers?

Thanks gang :D


My scholarship offer came in the acceptance packet

junebug99
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:41 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby junebug99 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:44 pm

Accepted today with a handwritten note from the Dean about my app! 158/164 3.82 with great softs, non-URM

StrawberryRed89
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby StrawberryRed89 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:47 pm

Just got my acceptance packet in the mail today! Nice little handwritten note on my letter too :)

slenslee
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:13 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby slenslee » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:49 pm

congrats both! when did you go complete and wat state you live in (seeing if northeast is getting mail)

junebug99
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:41 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby junebug99 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:51 pm

slenslee wrote:congrats both! when did you go complete and wat state you live in (seeing if northeast is getting mail)


I went complete 12/3 and I got the mail at my current address in Florida

StrawberryRed89
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby StrawberryRed89 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:54 pm

slenslee wrote:congrats both! when did you go complete and wat state you live in (seeing if northeast is getting mail)


I went complete 11/6, and I'm in Boston.

User avatar
T14_Scholly
Posts: 416
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:46 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby T14_Scholly » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:59 pm

leckj wrote:Can someone give me the rundown about GWU and $$$?

Are schollys offered separately from acceptances? If so, when? And what are the historical offers, and for what numbers?

Thanks gang :D


Since you used the word "schollys," you don't deserve an answer to your question, because you're a tool.

itsfine
Posts: 229
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:07 am

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby itsfine » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:02 pm

T14_Scholly wrote:
leckj wrote:Can someone give me the rundown about GWU and $$$?

Are schollys offered separately from acceptances? If so, when? And what are the historical offers, and for what numbers?

Thanks gang :D


Since you used the word "schollys," you don't deserve an answer to your question, because you're a tool.




you have the word scholly in your name

User avatar
nyyankees
Posts: 484
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:50 am

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby nyyankees » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:13 pm

in today via snail mail. (~3/169) and no merit aid info in packet. Not sure what that means yet. Seems like lots of acceptances today though, congrats gang!

statuscheckerssuck
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:25 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby statuscheckerssuck » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:15 pm

I am in with a note from dean as well. Hopefully those of us with out scholly info in our packets will get something later.

User avatar
SAE
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:47 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby SAE » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:15 pm

I am complete since 12/28. Does this look like a hold?

How long has it been from completion to admission?
Last edited by SAE on Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby NancyBotwin » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:17 pm

nyyankees wrote:in today via snail mail. (~3/169) and no merit aid info in packet. Not sure what that means yet. Seems like lots of acceptances today though, congrats gang!


Oh! This is promising! Dates?

User avatar
js87
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:42 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby js87 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:20 pm

Anyone else still complete RD since early November with no word? :|

User avatar
SummerLaw
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:23 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby SummerLaw » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:55 pm

SAE wrote:I am complete since 12/28. Does this look like a hold?

How long has it been from completion to admission?


I am complete since 12/28 too. I think they are only starting to do the mid-to late december RD applicants.

User avatar
crombot
Posts: 173
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:41 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby crombot » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:57 pm

js87 wrote:Anyone else still complete RD since early November with no word? :|


<---this guy

User avatar
nyyankees
Posts: 484
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:50 am

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby nyyankees » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:04 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:
nyyankees wrote:in today via snail mail. (~3/169) and no merit aid info in packet. Not sure what that means yet. Seems like lots of acceptances today though, congrats gang!


Oh! This is promising! Dates?


Sent 12-11, complete 12-28

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby NancyBotwin » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:07 pm

nyyankees wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:
nyyankees wrote:in today via snail mail. (~3/169) and no merit aid info in packet. Not sure what that means yet. Seems like lots of acceptances today though, congrats gang!

Oh! This is promising! Dates?

Sent 12-11, complete 12-28


Hrrrrmmm. I submitted 11/5 and was complete 12/3.

GWU, where is my decision??

djgoldbe
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby djgoldbe » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:10 pm

Also in today via mail. (167 / 3.8 ) No scholarship mentioned, really hope they do give me something though - sticker sounds rough. LSN seems to show they pretty much only give full rides... so are the chances of us RD admits getting $ basically zilch?

User avatar
Neil
Posts: 178
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:09 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby Neil » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:10 pm

Neil wrote:Just tagging threads, but I'll share my info while I'm at it:

Sent application 12/8
"Received" e-mail 12/28 11:59 AM
"Complete" e-mail 12/28 12:21 PM

Good luck everyone!


And... waitlisted today via snail mail. Highest LSAT so far to not get the green dot, lowest GPA to not get the red dot. Will likely withdraw in the not-so-distant future, given the unlikelihood I would get any scholarship money at this point.

Congrats to the admits, good luck to the rest of you!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests