The George Washington Law School 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
umichgrad

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby umichgrad » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:32 pm

Veritas wrote:
azb wrote:quick question! I am sorry if it is already answered here

Does GWU send an email to acceptance then mail the package? or no email at all??

no email, just a very nice acceptance packet!

Veritas, congrats!! Do you think those who were able to log in before they shut down the server are all admits? I'm stupidly paranoid that since I'm the one who called and asked about it, they might have rescinded a potential offer :(

ashkenazy

Postby ashkenazy » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:15 pm

vapourgypsy wrote:
CyLaw wrote:
Glad to here that they already sent out the mail though. Maybe the rest of us EDers can be expecting something shortly then.

I e-mailed an admissions officer today who told me that all decisions would be mailed out, and he told me to expect my decision sometimes early to mid next week. I applied ED, so I am assuming that that means decisions for ED will be mailed on Friday.

lifeaway1985 wrote:I live outside US. I email the Admission Office and JoSie said they sent out a mail to my address on Jan 10. I am ED. Can I assuem it is a bad news since ED acceptance have been all used up?

So it looks like at least one ED deferral / decision was mailed out already. Maybe that was just for the international applicant? It looks like they might be trying to get the mail out sooner to those who might live farther away.

Other than that, I don't recall seeing any others on here discussing ED-deferral-to-RD decisions. LSN confirms this as well. The only ED applicants that have heard anything on LSN are the full scholly recipients.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:22 pm

umichgrad wrote:
Veritas wrote:

Does GWU send an email to acceptance then mail the package? or no email at all??

Veritas, congrats!! Do you think those who were able to log in before they shut down the server are all admits? I'm stupidly paranoid that since I'm the one who called and asked about it, they might have rescinded a potential offer :(

I'm not sure, but I would lean towards yes.

ashkenazy

Postby ashkenazy » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:27 pm

Veritas wrote:
umichgrad wrote:
Veritas wrote:

I'm not sure, but I would lean towards yes.

umichgrad! Don't give up hope! If you got your offer rescinded, and I didn't, you can have mine... jk. You were the champion of that issue by calling in (thanks again by the way). I don't think there's any chance that they would take anything away from you. Just as was stated earlier, it was right out in the open for us to check.

Veritas, I add my congrats too! You're scenario makes me feel even more hopeful! Thanks for keeping us posted! Information is so very valuable!

umichgrad

Postby umichgrad » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:38 pm

Haha thanks ashkenazy. I appreciate the optimism. I want GW the way some kids on this board want harvard. well, almost.

Anyway, no movement today?? Nothing in my mailbox except bills.

Veritas, I add my congrats too! You're scenario makes me feel even more hopeful! Thanks for keeping us posted! Information is so very valuable![/quote]

nematoad

Postby nematoad » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:07 pm

dammnn!!! a huge packet was in the mail and my heart nearly jumped out of my chest.... turns out it was only UNLV courting me.
damn you vegas!!!! :x

doopwooper

Postby doopwooper » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:15 pm

I found out two days ago that I got in to GW with a full scholarship! They're not my top choice, but with the scholarship it is now a definite option. (167/3.9)

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:18 pm

doopwooper wrote:I found out two days ago that I got in to GW with a full scholarship! They're not my top choice, but with the scholarship it is now a definite option. (167/3.9)

I'll take it if you don't want it.

JayTal

Postby JayTal » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:28 pm

So is it just the EDs that have heard? I thought I heard some RDs have gone out.

doopwooper

Postby doopwooper » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:29 pm

JayTal wrote:So is it just the EDs that have heard? I thought I heard some RDs have gone out.

I was a regular decision applicant

Dignan

Postby Dignan » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:33 pm

doopwooper wrote:I found out two days ago that I got in to GW with a full scholarship! They're not my top choice, but with the scholarship it is now a definite option. (167/3.9)

Interesting. Did you really get a full scholarship, or did you just get the 90K + first year housing deal that many other RD applicants have reported?

Also: are you a URM?

gmichaelbluth

Postby gmichaelbluth » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:35 pm

Congrats! I thought the full tuition scholarship was only for ED applicants though? I know they'll get close with the $30K/year + free 1L housing for RD applicants, but I didn't know they'd offer full rides to RDs.

doopwooper

Postby doopwooper » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:36 pm

Dignan wrote:

Interesting. Did you really get a full scholarship, or did you just get the 90K + first year housing deal that many other RD applicants have reported?

Also: are you a URM?

The letter actually says "full scholarship" so I don't think its the same thing but I would have to look at it again (it's at home and I'm not), and no I am not a URM.

doopwooper

Postby doopwooper » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:37 pm

gmichaelbluth wrote:

Congrats! I thought the full tuition scholarship was only for ED applicants though? I know they'll get close with the $30K/year + free 1L housing for RD applicants, but I didn't know they'd offer full rides to RDs.

Yeah.. well I didn't apply ED, I applied RD, but submitted it on time for the ED time table?

I'm going to have to check it out again when I get home.

jelizabeth88

Postby jelizabeth88 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:05 pm

I retook the lsat in december. Does anyone think that would push back when they notify me?

Sequoia90

Postby Sequoia90 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:55 pm

In at GW! Big letter in the mail today...

Anyone heard about the financial aid?

js87

Postby js87 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:02 pm

Sequoia90 wrote:In at GW! Big letter in the mail today...

Congrats! I think some people have heard about merit aid, but it appears that some comes later too.

Still nothing in the mail for me... Complete 11/6 with 161, 171 LSAT scores and a 3.75. I hear you about the aid, If I was fortunate enough to get big $$ at GW it would be at the very top of my list.

Dignan

Postby Dignan » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:06 pm

js87 wrote:

Congrats! I think some people have heard about merit aid, but it appears that some comes later too.

Still nothing in the mail for me... Complete 11/6 with 161, 171 LSAT scores and a 3.75. I hear you about the aid, If I was fortunate enough to get big $$ at GW it would be at the very top of my list.

With those numbers, I bet you get a decent scholly offer from GW. They're not going to care about the 161.

If it's true that GW would be at the very top of your list with $$, then why didn't you apply ED? You would've had a great chance and, if accepted, you'd have a full scholarship. Based on past behavior, you have no chance of a full scholarship in the RD pool.

js87

Postby js87 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:10 pm

Dignan wrote:
js87 wrote:

With those numbers, I bet you get a decent scholly offer from GW. They're not going to care about the 161.

If it's true that GW would be at the very top of your list with $$, then why didn't you apply ED? You would've had a great chance and, if accepted, you'd have a full scholarship. Based on past behavior, you have no chance of a full scholarship in the RD pool.

I did wrestle with the idea of applying ED, but ultimately chose not to. I love the school, and I am debt averse, but I really did not want to potentially commit so early in the game. Should something in my life drastically change in the next few months, I wouldn't want want to be locked in somewhere.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:12 pm

I look forward to finding out about any merit aid. I plan on trying to negotiate some/more out of them, too.

I also like their need based aid offerings. If I could get half tuition need based, that would be incredible. GW is topping my preference list, I just need to get the cost down.

Dignan

Postby Dignan » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:17 pm

js87 wrote:
Dignan wrote:
js87 wrote:

I did wrestle with the idea of applying ED, but ultimately chose not to. I love the school, and I am debt averse, but I really did not want to potentially commit so early in the game. Should something in my life drastically change in the next few months, I wouldn't want want to be locked in somewhere.

That makes sense. When you wrote "very top of the list," I thought you meant that you were 100% sure that you wanted to attend. But I certainly understand wanting to keep your options open. Good luck.

Shopalot86

Postby Shopalot86 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:32 am

The waiting is driving me crazy. Please someone have good news?

umichgrad

Postby umichgrad » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:52 am

None here :(

If none by tomorrow, will be stabbing my eyeballs with plastic fork.

TripleK

Postby TripleK » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:13 am

doopwooper wrote:
JayTal wrote:So is it just the EDs that have heard? I thought I heard some RDs have gone out.

I was a regular decision applicant

I was RD too. So some RD admittances have gone out

Shopalot86

Postby Shopalot86 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:28 am

umichgrad wrote:None here :(

If none by tomorrow, will be stabbing my eyeballs with plastic fork.

Ditto. I just realized that Monday is MLK Day (NO MAIL) and consequently, the earliest we'd hear is on Tuesday. Pass the fork, please.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”