The George Washington Law School 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby Veritas » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:30 pm

umichgrad wrote:
Veritas wrote:Just got in!!! :D

(with the nicest note ever <3)



congrats veritas!!! what are your #s?

thank you!

165/3.82

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby Veritas » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:30 pm

dakatz wrote:
Veritas wrote:Just got in!!! :D

(with the nicest note ever <3)


Sweeet!! Good job.

savesthedayajb wrote:
Veritas wrote:Just got in!!! :D

(with the nicest note ever <3)


GREAT NEWS congratulations man!


Thanks guys, I'm pretty stoked for this one.

User avatar
Shaggier1
Posts: 721
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:57 am

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby Shaggier1 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:31 pm

V
E
R
I
T
A
S

F
T
W!!!!!!!!

User avatar
JusticeHarlan
Posts: 1434
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:56 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby JusticeHarlan » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:32 pm

Veritas wrote:Just got in!!! :D

(with the nicest note ever <3)

Congrats!

Did yours come to permanent or current address?

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby Veritas » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:33 pm

JusticeHarlan wrote:
Veritas wrote:Just got in!!! :D

(with the nicest note ever <3)

Congrats!

Did yours come to permanent or current address?

one in the same.

User avatar
JusticeHarlan
Posts: 1434
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:56 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby JusticeHarlan » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:35 pm

Veritas wrote:
JusticeHarlan wrote:
Veritas wrote:Just got in!!! :D

(with the nicest note ever <3)

Congrats!

Did yours come to permanent or current address?

one in the same.

Ah well, thanks anyways, and congrats again. Very jealous of you admits, at least I'm supposed to hear something by Friday.

jk11287
Posts: 382
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:27 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby jk11287 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:31 pm

i think (I hope) we'll hear by tomorrow.

User avatar
LaurenGayle
Posts: 397
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:35 am

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby LaurenGayle » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:41 pm

Came home to the acceptance package on my stoop :-)

The handwritten note was a very nice touch!

umichgrad
Posts: 381
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:53 am

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby umichgrad » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:56 pm

LaurenGayle wrote:Came home to the acceptance package on my stoop :-)

The handwritten note was a very nice touch!



Big congrats!! Numbers?

User avatar
LaurenGayle
Posts: 397
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:35 am

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby LaurenGayle » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:58 pm

umichgrad wrote:
LaurenGayle wrote:Came home to the acceptance package on my stoop :-)

The handwritten note was a very nice touch!



Big congrats!! Numbers?


Thanks :-D

166/3.8, went complete on 11/6.

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby robin600 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:58 pm

So if we haven't heard are we out?

umichgrad
Posts: 381
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:53 am

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby umichgrad » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:12 pm

robin600 wrote:So if we haven't heard are we out?


god i hope not. i want gw so bad.

User avatar
LaurenGayle
Posts: 397
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:35 am

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby LaurenGayle » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:37 pm

umichgrad wrote:
robin600 wrote:So if we haven't heard are we out?


god i hope not. i want gw so bad.


Definitely give it some time. I live in NYC, so the package didn't have to travel that far or find its way to a more rural/suburban location.

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby CyLaw » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:29 am

Starting to regret EDing. Maybe I would have heard by now otherwise.

Just 4 more days.

zgreen
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:19 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby zgreen » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:48 am

Accepted

172/ 3.2

Is anyone familiar with their distribution of scholarships? If a scholarship is not offered with the acceptance do they continue to consider admitted students for merit aid?

Thanks and good luck!

elevatorlove
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:04 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby elevatorlove » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:52 am

I'm in. 167, 3.5. Super nice handwritten note.

I'm in the Pacific NW, BTW.

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby Veritas » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:54 am

zgreen wrote:Accepted

172/ 3.2

Is anyone familiar with their distribution of scholarships? If a scholarship is not offered with the acceptance do they continue to consider admitted students for merit aid?

Thanks and good luck!

It looks like they gave out the full rides with these acceptances. Looking on LSN, there were smaller scholarships given out later on.

I wonder how they are with negotiating aid.

User avatar
beef wellington
Posts: 882
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:05 am

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby beef wellington » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:55 am

elevatorlove wrote:I'm in. 167, 3.5. Super nice handwritten note.

I'm in the Pacific NW, BTW.


Congrats! When did you go complete?

tesoro
Posts: 472
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:10 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby tesoro » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:56 am

Congrats guys! I applied on 10/1 to the PT program, and live just a stone's throw away from GWU. So I hope this isn't bad news for me, because this is the last important school in my cycle (165/3.52). Were any of the admits from this week PT students?

tamlyric
Posts: 656
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby tamlyric » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:59 am

CyLaw wrote:Starting to regret EDing. Maybe I would have heard by now otherwise.

Just 4 more days.


Good luck CyLaw!

slb052
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:15 am

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby slb052 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:55 am

IN!!! Beeeeeeyond excited about this one. Love love loved <3 the note! :)

RD, Complete 12/3, I'm on the West Coast. Funny thing is that the letter is dated tomorrow's date. Acceptance from the future...
Last edited by slb052 on Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

elevatorlove
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:04 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby elevatorlove » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:14 am

beef wellington wrote:
elevatorlove wrote:I'm in. 167, 3.5. Super nice handwritten note.

I'm in the Pacific NW, BTW.


Congrats! When did you go complete?


Thank you! I was complete 11/6.

User avatar
ashkenazy
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:32 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby ashkenazy » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:37 am

JusticeHarlan wrote:
Veritas wrote:
JusticeHarlan wrote:
Veritas wrote:Just got in!!! :D

(with the nicest note ever <3)

Congrats!

Did yours come to permanent or current address?

one in the same.

Ah well, thanks anyways, and congrats again. Very jealous of you admits, at least I'm supposed to hear something by Friday.


Well, sadly enough for us EDers, the website says they'll at least mail something by Friday

Shopalot86
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:02 am

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby Shopalot86 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:13 am

Dear Friends on TLS, GWU Adcoms, and Jesus:

Please let the lack of mail from GWU in my mailbox be a function of the USPS and not my rejection, deferral, or waitlist status by GWU. Let the same be true of other TLS-ers.

Amen.

jelizabeth88
Posts: 92
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:45 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby jelizabeth88 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:16 am

GWU has an out of control number of applicants. I'm sure they are sending out letters in tiers. Don't lose hope!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BuyaLittleMercy, hellohalo, lillawyer2, Pomegranate27, potterotter, premalone, whodareswins, XUMickeal and 21 guests