The George Washington Law School 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
bits6884

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby bits6884 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:39 pm

WMCowgirl wrote:Does anyone know how GWU decides about PT? I am almost positive I am out FT (unless they really like my OS and PS), but I am hoping I have a shot at PT...thoughts?

I was under the impression you could only apply to one, either FT or PT. Am I wrong?

Doodsmack

Postby Doodsmack » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:45 pm

vapourgypsy wrote:So I just received an e-mail with the title "GW Law Welcomes You!" and it is from a 1st year student...and now I'm SO confused and nervous!

You can't figure out what that e-mail might mean?

TripleK

Postby TripleK » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:47 pm

bits6884 wrote:
WMCowgirl wrote:Does anyone know how GWU decides about PT? I am almost positive I am out FT (unless they really like my OS and PS), but I am hoping I have a shot at PT...thoughts?

I was under the impression you could only apply to one, either FT or PT. Am I wrong?

You can only apply to one

Katerina

Postby Katerina » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:52 pm

Accepted! :mrgreen:

RD, submitted 10/29, complete 11/6
(171; 3.2)

je_ne_regrette_rien

Postby je_ne_regrette_rien » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:53 pm

Katerina wrote:Accepted! :mrgreen:

(171; 3.2)

Congratulations!

jk11287

Postby jk11287 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:53 pm

(171; 3.2)

Congrats! And I have similar numbers so maybe that's good news for me! Did you receive any scholarship info?

samwhip7

Postby samwhip7 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:56 pm

Are you getting in via email?

wired

Postby wired » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:07 pm

(171; 3.2)

Also, can you give us relative location? This helps for people waiting for snail mail.

Katerina

Postby Katerina » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:09 pm

Thanks! I was notified via regular mail to my permanent address (aka parents' house) - my father called me at work to tell me so I haven't gotten to read the letter myself. There was no scholarship offer but I think I read a few pages back that they could notify us about merit scholarships "at any time after acceptance" so I hope I'm not out of the running for those yet (although I'm a Splitter so who knows).

*Note: I'm about 40 minutes north of Boston.

WMCowgirl

Postby WMCowgirl » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:19 pm

TripleK wrote:
bits6884 wrote:

After deciding my chances on FT were slim to none, I emailed the admissions office and asked to be considered for both FT and PT. They said yes.

vapourgypsy

Postby vapourgypsy » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:26 pm

Doodsmack wrote:
vapourgypsy wrote:So I just received an e-mail with the title "GW Law Welcomes You!" and it is from a 1st year student...and now I'm SO confused and nervous!

You can't figure out what that e-mail might mean?

Haha, yup, I'm aware that I sound like a tool. Just seemed strange becuase I haven't heard anything official from Admissions and was wondering if anyone else had received the e-mail.

TripleK

Postby TripleK » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:44 pm

WMCowgirl wrote:
TripleK wrote:
bits6884 wrote:

After deciding my chances on FT were slim to none, I emailed the admissions office and asked to be considered for both FT and PT. They said yes.

Ahh got ya. The application only let you choose one, so it makes sense that you ahd to call them to be considered for both. Thanks for the info.

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:38 pm

Opened the mail and found a big envelope from GW. Had a really nice packet of acceptance material, with a handwritten note from admissions. But I didn't notice the best part until a few minutes later. I scanned the main letter but it said nothing about scholarship. I saw a small envelope inside the main packet that specifically said "Merit scholarship Award" on the front. They offered me 30K a year, plus free housing in a 1L-only studio apartment dorm my first year! They said the value of the scholarship is over 105K!! I think I have a new number 1 choice :)

jlue05

Postby jlue05 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:40 pm

dakatz wrote:Opened the mail and found a big envelope from GW. Had a really nice packet of acceptance material, with a handwritten note from admissions. But I didn't notice the best part until a few minutes later. I scanned the main letter but it said nothing about scholarship. I saw a small envelope inside the main packet that specifically said "Merit scholarship Award" on the front. They offered me 30K a year, plus free housing in a 1L-only studio apartment dorm my first year! They said the value of the scholarship is over 105K!! I think I have a new number 1 choice :)

Congrats!! Were you ED? and if you don't mind, what's your location?

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:40 pm

jlue05 wrote:
dakatz wrote:Opened the mail and found a big envelope from GW. Had a really nice packet of acceptance material, with a handwritten note from admissions. But I didn't notice the best part until a few minutes later. I scanned the main letter but it said nothing about scholarship. I saw a small envelope inside the main packet that specifically said "Merit scholarship Award" on the front. They offered me 30K a year, plus free housing in a 1L-only studio apartment dorm my first year! They said the value of the scholarship is over 105K!! I think I have a new number 1 choice :)

Congrats!! Were you ED? and if you don't mind, what's your location?

Thanks! Nope, I am RD, and I live in Jersey.

azb

Postby azb » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:46 pm

Congrtaz!
Did you get any email?? I thought GWU sends an email before they mail the package!

NancyBotwin

Postby NancyBotwin » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:46 pm

Wow! Good deal!

Dates/stats?

Pearalegal

Postby Pearalegal » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:47 pm

Do they ever let you know that they have your application?

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:49 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:

Wow! Good deal!

Dates/stats?

My app was received on 11/2 and was complete on 11/6. I have a 3.5x and a 167, and come from a multicultural background, though perhaps not what would technically be considered URM.

WMCowgirl

Postby WMCowgirl » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:50 pm

dakatz wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:

Wow! Good deal!

Dates/stats?

My app was received on 11/2 and was complete on 11/6. I have a 3.5x and a 167, and come from a multicultural background, though perhaps not what would technically be considered URM.

WOW!!!! BIG TIME CONGRATULATIONS!!

jk11287

Postby jk11287 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:55 pm

Just spoke to the admissions office, who reiterated that I was going to hear "soon." Any EDer hear yet about getting deferred then accepted? Or heard anything at all, for that matter?

Amelie

Postby Amelie » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:56 pm

Got in today with the same offer!

savesthedayajb

Postby savesthedayajb » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:57 pm

maggiebre wrote:

Got in today with the same offer!

lol I'm really excited to see which school you end up choosing. You are having an amazing cycle. Congratulations

JusticeHarlan

Postby JusticeHarlan » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:58 pm

Congrats to those with acceptences, and wow, that's a great scholarship offer!

jk11287 wrote:Just spoke to the admissions office, who reiterated that I was going to hear "soon." Any EDer hear yet about getting deferred then accepted? Or heard anything at all, for that matter?

I got nothing since the complete email in November.

robin600

Postby robin600 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:02 pm

So from past cycles does anyone know if most decisions are made around now?

I hate that I have class at 4 and can't check the mail until after!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”