The George Washington Law School 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
beef wellington

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby beef wellington » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:28 pm

SanBun wrote:so im sure this question has come up before, but I received two complete emails, one on 12/03 and another one today. first one from Josie and second one from Anne Richard. Did this happen to anyone else and does it mean anything???

+1 Did anyone ever figure out what the deal is with the second complete email?

TWoodWil

Postby TWoodWil » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:31 pm

lifeaway1985

Postby lifeaway1985 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:33 pm

This sneaky status checker makes me so nervous. It couldn't work!

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:43 pm

Well, I finally got the courage to sign up and log in. It worked. With my numbers I would be very surprised if I don't get accepted, and since a few others on here weren't able to log in, I'm inclined to think it might be legit? Squee!

beesknees

Postby beesknees » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:43 pm

beef wellington wrote:
SanBun wrote:so im sure this question has come up before, but I received two complete emails, one on 12/03 and another one today. first one from Josie and second one from Anne Richard. Did this happen to anyone else and does it mean anything???

+1 Did anyone ever figure out what the deal is with the second complete email?

My second complete email indicated that they have "begun the review process." Meaning that now that the EDers are done, they're beginning to get to the RD apps.

beesknees

Postby beesknees » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:52 pm

danidancer wrote:Well, I finally got the courage to sign up and log in. It worked. With my numbers I would be very surprised if I don't get accepted, and since a few others on here weren't able to log in, I'm inclined to think it might be legit? Squee!

I tried it and I was able to log in. But not so certain this means I'm in. I couldn't log in at first because I was just typing the number portion of my L#. For those of you who could not log in, did you try both with and without the letter L for your account name? It might be that those who couldn't log in weren't typing the L before the number.

JusticeHarlan

Postby JusticeHarlan » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:56 pm

beesknees wrote:
danidancer wrote:Well, I finally got the courage to sign up and log in. It worked. With my numbers I would be very surprised if I don't get accepted, and since a few others on here weren't able to log in, I'm inclined to think it might be legit? Squee!

I tried it and I was able to log in. But not so certain this means I'm in. I couldn't log in at first because I was just typing the number portion of my L#. For those of you who could not log in, did you try both with and without the letter L for your account name? It might be that those who couldn't log in weren't typing the L before the number.

Yup, tried with the L and no luck.

beesknees

Postby beesknees » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:58 pm

JusticeHarlan wrote:
beesknees wrote:

Hmm, I wonder why they wouldn't just email us to let us know we're in, if we were in. Of course, it did take a while for me to even receive notification that my app was complete.

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:02 am

beesknees wrote:
JusticeHarlan wrote:
beesknees wrote:

Hmm, I wonder why they wouldn't just email us to let us know we're in, if we were in. Of course, it did take a while for me to even receive notification that my app was complete.

My guess is they're trying to "reduce anxiety" by sending them in batches. They JUST admitted the first (only?) set of EDs. Maybe we'll hear officially after New Years?

ashkenazy

Postby ashkenazy » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:00 am

At first I tried entering my b-day without the "/" between the month/day/4digityear. Without the / in the b-day and the L on the lsac number it seems that you cannot get in.

Although most of the people who have successfully signed on to the GW admitted students site have had LSAT or gpa at or near 75% of at least one of the two categories, I'm still feeling like this might be a fluke.

I applied ED, so I suppose those of us who've applied ED might have a higher chance of already having a decision made about us, but either way, when I return to the site and tried to sign onto different parts of the site, it did not accept the name and password that I created when I first got signed onto the site.

Well anyways, my hopes were high for a while. The EDers will just have to wait until the 15th to notice of deferral and then hopefully they'll give us a RD decision soon after that. Many of the ED applicants seemed to get a RD back by the 15th too. If I'm not wrong, we're not guaranteed a RD decision by any certain deadline if we're not awarded the full scholarship ( Jan 15th is the merely the date before which they must notify us about the full scholarship decision).

Thanks for your input!

beesknees

Postby beesknees » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:04 am

ashkenazy wrote:At first I tried entering my b-day without the "/" between the month/day/4digityear. Without the / in the b-day and the L on the lsac number it seems that you cannot get in.

Although most of the people who have successfully signed on to the GW admitted students site have had LSAT or gpa at or near 75% of at least one of the two categories, I'm still feeling like this might be a fluke.

I applied ED, so I suppose those of us who've applied ED might have a higher chance of already having a decision made about us, but either way, when I return to the site and tried to sign onto different parts of the site, it did not accept the name and password that I created when I first got signed onto the site.

Well anyways, my hopes were high for a while. The EDers will just have to wait until the 15th to notice of deferral and then hopefully they'll give us a RD decision soon after that. Many of the ED applicants seemed to get a RD back by the 15th too. If I'm not wrong, we're not guaranteed a RD decision by any certain deadline if we're not awarded the full scholarship ( Jan 15th is the merely the date before which they must notify us about the full scholarship decision).

Thanks for your input!

Yeah, I really doubt that they would've rendered a decision for me so quickly. I applied early Nov, RD. Now, hopefully, they aren't like Dean Z at Michigan and see that I logged in and then get royally annoyed before they make a decision on my app!

JusticeHarlan

Postby JusticeHarlan » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:13 am

What happened at Michigan, that people have referenced a few times on this thread?

sirchristaylor

Postby sirchristaylor » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:29 am

JusticeHarlan wrote:What happened at Michigan, that people have referenced a few times on this thread?

Wondering the same thing!

ashkenazy

Postby ashkenazy » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:34 am

Self selection is obviously a problem here, but of the people that have tried it and posted(20 people), only 5 have not been able to get in.

With the 75% acceptance rate that we're seeing, it looks more like a "they're looking at my app already"/ "they're not looking at my app yet" checker.

I'm mostly convinced that this is a fluke.

JusticeHarlan

Postby JusticeHarlan » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:58 am

ashkenazy wrote:Self selection is obviously a problem here, but of the people that have tried it and posted(20 people), only 5 have not been able to get in.

With the 75% acceptance rate that we're seeing, it looks more like a "they're looking at my app already"/ "they're not looking at my app yet" checker.

I'm mostly convinced that this is a fluke.

I was an ED app, so I'd think they would have looked at my app already; therefore, I doubt that "being able to log in" = "they've looked at your app yet."

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:06 am

sirchristaylor wrote:
JusticeHarlan wrote:What happened at Michigan, that people have referenced a few times on this thread?

people are able to log into the admitted students site before being notified of admission

panadera

Postby panadera » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:18 am

Veritas wrote:
sirchristaylor wrote:

people are able to log into the admitted students site before being notified of admission

And one person called to ask if that really meant they were in. Turns out they checked WAY too much.

One student talked to Dean Z about it and relayed a message saying to basically stop checking as they don't like it and can tell how often you check. The message got all muddled and Dean Z made an account just to clarify things (that it's fine to check the admitted students site but it takes away the joy they want people to feel when they receive the acceptance package in the mail).

IIRC

EDIT: I'm not sure if this is what some people were referencing, but it might explain some posters' hesitation in checking.

JusticeHarlan

Postby JusticeHarlan » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:34 am

panadera wrote:
Veritas wrote:
sirchristaylor wrote:

And one person called to ask if that really meant they were in. Turns out they checked WAY too much.

One student talked to Dean Z about it and relayed a message saying to basically stop checking as they don't like it and can tell how often you check. The message got all muddled and Dean Z made an account just to clarify things (that it's fine to check the admitted students site but it takes away the joy they want people to feel when they receive the acceptance package in the mail).

IIRC

EDIT: I'm not sure if this is what some people were referencing, but it might explain some posters' hesitation in checking.

Ah, cool thanks.

Though I think the greater joy would be in hearing as early as possible, but what do I know, I haven't gotten in anywhere yet :?

panadera

Postby panadera » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:39 am

JusticeHarlan wrote:Ah, cool thanks.

Though I think the greater joy would be in hearing as early as possible, but what do I know, I haven't gotten in anywhere yet :?

I completely agree- the earlier the better.

Good luck!

JusticeHarlan

Postby JusticeHarlan » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:40 am

panadera wrote:Good luck!

Thanks!

jelizabeth88

Postby jelizabeth88 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:25 am

I applied ED way back when and haven't gotten an e-mail from them since Nov. 6th when they informed me I had went complete. :? Anyone else have this problem? And what do these e-mails you all have been getting in december say?

Zojirushi

Postby Zojirushi » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:07 pm

Can't log in. My numbers are low for GW, and I only applied PT.

umichgrad

Postby umichgrad » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:35 pm

Hi all, I received an e-mail from the GW admissions office in response to this issue. See text below.

Thank you for your message.

Just so you know, we have looked into this, and apparently there may be a technical glitch that is under review by our information technology staff.

In any case, you will hear directly from the Admissions Office regarding your decision status within the next few weeks, at which time, if you have been admitted, you will be invited to log on to the admitted student portal.

So, in the interest of not causing a panic and crashing GW's sites, maybe we should lay off the login attempts and let things run their course, eh?

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:48 pm

umichgrad wrote:Hi all, I received an e-mail from the GW admissions office in response to this issue. See text below.

Thank you for your message.

Just so you know, we have looked into this, and apparently there may be a technical glitch that is under review by our information technology staff.

In any case, you will hear directly from the Admissions Office regarding your decision status within the next few weeks, at which time, if you have been admitted, you will be invited to log on to the admitted student portal.

So, in the interest of not causing a panic and crashing GW's sites, maybe we should lay off the login attempts and let things run their course, eh?

thanks for sending the email. I still am going to go with positive thinking, the "glitch" is that we were able to find out and log-on without knowing about the site/acceptance. Michigan said the same thing, that getting into the site was no indicator.

Now, watch me get rejected :wink:

hugoboss

Postby hugoboss » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:08 pm

i applied ED on dec 14th.
received complete email a few days ago saying file will be reviewed
can't get into it. have competitive scores, 167, 3.5.
for those who got in, when did you get the complete email?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”