The George Washington Law School 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
savesthedayajb

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby savesthedayajb » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:23 pm

js87 wrote:But GW hasn't sent any RD acceptances out yet, right? If this 'logging in theory' is true, why haven't they sent acceptances to those people? I doubt they'd accept bunches of people, enter them in the system, and then hold off on mailing them/emailing them anything for weeks...

Well I wonder what would explain why some people can log on (who have the number to get into GW) while others (who dont have the numbers - me) cant get in. Yeah it's a theory, but it does have some merit. I'm sure they're sitting on acceptances right now while still processing more and will send them out in waves like most schools.

Edited
Last edited by savesthedayajb on Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

umichgrad

Postby umichgrad » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:24 pm

Veritas wrote:
js87 wrote:But GW hasn't sent any RD acceptances out yet, right? If this 'logging in theory' is true, why haven't they sent acceptances to those people? I doubt they'd accept bunches of people, enter them in the system, and then hold off on mailing them/emailing them anything for weeks...

ever heard of Michigan?

Right, plus I think a lot of people (like me) are not at our mailing addresses because of the holidays, so if there is any mail I wont get it until the second week of January. The prospect of waiting until then makes me want to pee myself. So maybe mailings have gone out or will go out soon?

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:24 pm

savesthedayajb wrote:

Well I wonder what would explain why some people can long on (who have the number to get into GW) and other (who dont have the numbers - me) cant get in. Yeah it's a theory, but it does have some merit. I'm sure they're sitting on acceptances right now while still processing more and will send them out in waves like most schools.

did you try more than once? mine worked the second time.

Also, Michigan grants students access to the admitted student site before the student receives a hard copy notification. FWIW

NancyBotwin

Postby NancyBotwin » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:27 pm

I am afraid to try this after the Michigan scare.

LiveFree

Postby LiveFree » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:28 pm

Whats the format for the DOB?

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:28 pm

aschleic wrote:Whats the format for the DOB?

mm/dd/yyyy

vapourgypsy

Postby vapourgypsy » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:29 pm

umichgrad wrote:
Veritas wrote:

ever heard of Michigan?

Right, plus I think a lot of people (like me) are not at our mailing addresses because of the holidays, so if there is any mail I wont get it until the second week of January. The prospect of waiting until then makes me want to pee myself. So maybe mailings have gone out or will go out soon?

I mean, for us that applied ED they have to let us know something by 1/15, so it makes sense that they have made some decisions even if we haven't been notified yet. I'm sure they enter people into the system before they send out acceptance packets, or else those who get in wouldn't be able to access the admitted students site right away.

For the record, I'm 168/3.2 ED FT, so my numbers are borderline for an acceptance and I was able to get into the system. I'm holding onto hope, GW is my top choice right now!

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:29 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:I am afraid to try this after the Michigan scare.

that person was just asking for it! :wink:

but I'm not trusting this until we have confirmation

savesthedayajb

Postby savesthedayajb » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:30 pm

Veritas wrote:
savesthedayajb wrote:

Well I wonder what would explain why some people can long on (who have the number to get into GW) and other (who dont have the numbers - me) cant get in. Yeah it's a theory, but it does have some merit. I'm sure they're sitting on acceptances right now while still processing more and will send them out in waves like most schools.

did you try more than once? mine worked the second time.

Also, Michigan grants students access to the admitted student site before the student receives a hard copy notification. FWIW

Yeah tried it several time : / But I'm not losing hope. I only turned it my app last week, maybe they haven't read it yet.

elevatorlove

Postby elevatorlove » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:31 pm

access denied the first couple times i tried but now it works..167, 3.55

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:32 pm

savesthedayajb wrote:
Yeah tried it several time : / But I'm not losing hope. I only turned it my app last week, maybe they haven't read it yet.

You only submitted last week? Dude, I wouldn't expect to get admitted that fast at GW. haha. Have you even gone complete yet?

I went complete 11/06.

savesthedayajb

Postby savesthedayajb » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:37 pm

Veritas wrote:
savesthedayajb wrote:

You only submitted last week? Dude, I wouldn't expect to get admitted that fast at GW. haha. Have you even gone complete yet?

I went complete 11/06.

Lol yeah, yesterday I got a complete email and they said they will begin processing and reviewing my application. But good point.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:52 pm

grrr so no further word on this? I'm itching to know now!!

jk11287

Postby jk11287 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:55 pm

I don't know what to think about this. I started to try and then didn't because I got nervous for some reason that "they" were going to find out and kick me out if I got in or something haha. I want my decision though :-(.

vapourgypsy

Postby vapourgypsy » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:08 pm

jk11287 wrote:I don't know what to think about this. I started to try and then didn't because I got nervous for some reason that "they" were going to find out and kick me out if I got in or something haha. I want my decision though :-(.

Now you have me nervous!

I believe somebody said they had e-mailed - any word?

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:32 pm

jk11287 wrote:I don't know what to think about this. I started to try and then didn't because I got nervous for some reason that "they" were going to find out and kick me out if I got in or something haha. I want my decision though :-(.

Same. I started the registration process, and got to like the 3rd screen before I got cold feet and stopped.

umichgrad

Postby umichgrad » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:45 pm

vapourgypsy wrote:

Now you have me nervous!

I believe somebody said they had e-mailed - any word?

I e-mailed, but haven't received a response yet. Looks like it will probably not come today, as its almost 5 pm in DC.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:38 pm

so I'm kind of ready to believe this, but I have some hesitation.

legalzoom

Postby legalzoom » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:40 pm

I tried to register a few times but received the error message, so it appears this link is legit. I had a very remote shot of getting into GW with my numbers (2.8, 167) and I went complete on 10/16.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:41 pm

legalzoom wrote:I tried to register a few times but received the error message, so it appears this link is legit. I had a very remote shot of getting into GW with my numbers (2.8, 167) and I went complete on 10/16.

I had gotten in earlier at work. So I came home today, went to the GWU law website and clicked on the portal link in the upper right. Then used the same login, and it worked again. This could be a mean trick, though!

Jackie O

Postby Jackie O » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:52 pm

Okay I jumped on the bandwagon and tried it out too - it worked for me. I received a complete e-mail on 11/25 but I haven't received a second one. My numbers should make me auto-admit if not YP (especially because I applied PT)

Now slightly terrified that they will e-mail me asking why I'm accessing the admit portal....

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:55 pm

mellifluouslyso wrote:Okay I jumped on the bandwagon and tried it out too - it worked for me. I received a complete e-mail on 11/25 but I haven't received a second one. My numbers should make me auto-admit if not YP (especially because I applied PT)

Now slightly terrified that they will e-mail me asking why I'm accessing the admit portal....

lol, the thing is right out there in the blue for you to find. So, why not?

nyskidude

Postby nyskidude » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:00 pm

I was able to register, so I did.... I typed in my LSAC number and everything and it my name popped up. I completed the registration, and now I'm getting that same paranoid feeling that they are going to say it was a fluke or not let me in because of this... 163/3.84 here, so I would be pretty darn psyched to have been admitted, especially since I am looking at concentrating in IP. Any words of comfort?

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:06 pm

Lol I was so pissed before because it wouldn't accept my login info or let me register, while I saw so many other people able to do so. I then realize that I was typing in my LSAC number without the L. Was able to get into the admitted student portal. Is there anyone on here who hasn't been able to login thus far? Because I could totally see this being a fluke or glitch.

JusticeHarlan

Postby JusticeHarlan » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:18 pm

dakatz wrote:Lol I was so pissed before because it wouldn't accept my login info or let me register, while I saw so many other people able to do so. I then realize that I was typing in my LSAC number without the L. Was able to get into the admitted student portal. Is there anyone on here who hasn't been able to login thus far? Because I could totally see this being a fluke or glitch.

I couldn't get in.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”